Portland GA line up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KentK

The Fly
Anyone have any scoop as to how the Rose Garden will conduct the GA line up on Monday?

42 degrees and a few showers possibly on Monday...

I dont think anyone has worried too much about the GA line up in Portland... I think we're all just playing it by ear... there is a basketball game sunday night, so hopefully that will discourage people fron starting the line too early :yikes:

And if you're going to Portland, please check out the text link in my signature :)

Hi... This will be my first GA experience and just wondering when people are planning on showing up.

Thanks!

Miroslava said:
I dont think anyone has worried too much about the GA line up in Portland... I think we're all just playing it by ear... there is a basketball game sunday night, so hopefully that will discourage people fron starting the line too early :yikes:

And if you're going to Portland, please check out the text link in my signature :)

I can guarantee some folks will be forming the line around midnight Sunday night....or round thereabouts. :wink:

I just spoke with Heather in Guest Services at Rose Garden. While she wasn't sure about everything (she kept putting me on hold and trying to ask people), here's what she shared with me:

1. No wristbands (ugh--it's like 27 degrees with a windchill of 17)
2. "Official" lining up can occur at 7am
3. Parking lot will be open for line folks, and the cost is $13 (she didn't think they would allow in/out privileges though)
4. Bathrooms by the box office will be open throughout the day
5. Doors open at 6pm

Perhaps if several folks call to ask the Rose Garden about wristbands, they may change their minds (I shared what the Delta Center is doing trying to encourage her to share the info with her higher ups). Portland is very much a demonstration town (we have protests over something almost every week) so strength in numbers can encourage change here.

For those of you who don't live in Portland, the Rose Garden isn't really around much so be prepared to walk several blocks for food and drinks if you don't bring stuff with you. Also, there's a chance of either snow or freezing rain on Monday so be prepared for a wintry wait.

Thanks for the info :up:

I packed a rain thingy last night :(

Seriously, I hope people dont start camping retardedly early... :madwife:

Chizip said:
im already in line

Hey, can you add my name to the list?!? I will show up around 12:00 on Monday. I am sure people won't mind since you're already there!!1 :happy:

Miroslava said:

The sustained winds have been so strong here that the arbor in our backyard toppled over last night (it was anchored into the ground). :grumpy:

It is dry and sunny, but it certainly feels and sounds as if we're in a wind tunnel. Hopefully the winds will blow the impending sleet/snow far away...

Thanks sscalhoon,

I just checked out the Rose Quarter website and they posted the following info:

General Admission Ticket Information:

Numbered wristbands will not be distributed for the concert

The General Admission entry will be at the north entrance of the Rose Garden

Lines cannot form until 7am on the day of the concert

Overnight camping on Rose Quarter property is not permitted

No alcoholic beverages are permitted while in line

Entrance into the Ellipse area on the floor will be completely random and not first-come, first-served

sscalhoon said:

The sustained winds have been so strong here that the arbor in our backyard toppled over last night (it was anchored into the ground). :grumpy:

It is dry and sunny, but it certainly feels and sounds as if we're in a wind tunnel. Hopefully the winds will blow the impending sleet/snow far away...

They're now saying freezing rain for Sunday night and Monday. Hopefully they're wrong...again. They can't seem to get a one day forecast right! You must be closer to the gorge than I am. Our winds haven't been that strong but it was only 36 here today.

Last edited:
u2granny said:

They're now saying freezing rain for Sunday night and Monday. Hopefully they're wrong...again. They can't seem to get a one day forecast right! You must be closer to the gorge than I am. Our winds haven't been that strong but it was only 36 here today.

My husband chuckles each time I check the weather (I figure I've checked several sources at least a dozen times each day since about Wednesday). What's really funny is that the tv stations, weather.com and the national weather service all report different things. We live on the east side, and the wind has pretty much been howling nonstop since yesterday afternoon. I feel like our house has somehow been uprooted to the Midwest since the wind's just "whistling down the plain"...

sscalhoon said:

My husband chuckles each time I check the weather (I figure I've checked several sources at least a dozen times each day since about Wednesday). What's really funny is that the tv stations, weather.com and the national weather service all report different things. We live on the east side, and the wind has pretty much been howling nonstop since yesterday afternoon. I feel like our house has somehow been uprooted to the Midwest since the wind's just "whistling down the plain"...

I'm in Vancouver. Maybe they'll be staying at our new Hilton.:lol:

u2granny said:

I'm in Vancouver. Maybe they'll be staying at our new Hilton.:lol:

While your new Hilton is certainly swanky, I have a sneaky feeling the boys might be staying at the Benson (if they don't do a runner) since it's the nicest hotel with easy access to the Rose Garden, and Bono stayed there last year for his lecture. :hmm:

I'm surprised Vancouver doesn't have the high winds--must just be our dumb luck. Downtown Vancouver is so nice now with the new hotel and farmer's market spurring a renewal there. We love to walk our dog along the river path in the summer. You Washingtonians have certainly taken advantage of your location--I just wish we could follow suit.

Miroslava said:

Good idea, Miro.....there is a chance of showers for Monday. I'd pack to be prepared for anything....

Haha I am already here, I got in line last night! :wink:

Alright people, GA line report. Four of us already conducted scouting operations at the Rose Garden. The GA line will definitely form outside the North Entrance. Security was very quick to come out and talk to us upon seeing us. While friendly, they indicated that there are to be no line ups at all in their property until tomorrow morning. They advised that in theory we could start the line on the side walk, but it is a HORRIBLE wind tunnel and the police could potentially get involved. On top of that, I believe everyone is aware of the forecasted weather conditions.

So to summarize, there is no line yet (thank god) and if we are all smart, there will NOT be a line at least until MUCH, MUCH later this evening after the basketball game. However, security did indicate that they have 24 hour security teams.

junebuglaura said:
Anyone planning on staying outside overnight in freezing rain really should get some help :coocoo:

The first people in line for the Salt Lake City show and a huge tent with a heater!

Miroslava said:
Alright people, GA line report. Four of us already conducted scouting operations at the Rose Garden. The GA line will definitely form outside the North Entrance. Security was very quick to come out and talk to us upon seeing us. While friendly, they indicated that there are to be no line ups at all in their property until tomorrow morning. They advised that in theory we could start the line on the side walk, but it is a HORRIBLE wind tunnel and the police could potentially get involved. On top of that, I believe everyone is aware of the forecasted weather conditions.

So to summarize, there is no line yet (thank god) and if we are all smart, there will NOT be a line at least until MUCH, MUCH later this evening after the basketball game. However, security did indicate that they have 24 hour security teams.

Thanks for the info! Hope you all stay warm and dry and safe! We are just concerned about getting to and from the max station! C y'all later! :wink:

Carek1230 said:

Thanks for the info! Hope you all stay warm and dry and safe! We are just concerned about getting to and from the max station! C y'all later! :wink:

Just got back from the GA line. I arrived at 0830 and was #191; however, I am a little bit under the weather and I do not wish to catch pnemonia for staying outside too long. I am back in my hotel room for some needed respite.

Met some great people in line, as always in a U2 line. People from DC, Boston, LA, Seattle.

But all things aside, it is pretty well organized. There is a sign outside that splits the Fanclub and regular concertgoers. I only wish that the event staff would give us wristbands and allow us to come back later. It is in a state of constant drizzle outside now!!!

I heard from a friend that she is freezing cold and miserable. She said there were 30 people there last night! She got there early this morning, but I don't think she is a happy camper :huh:

Big hug for Amy :hug: (and hi skjuls - guessing you heard from her as well...)

Lila64 said:
I heard from a friend that she is freezing cold and miserable. She said there were 30 people there last night! She got there early this morning, but I don't think she is a happy camper :huh:

Big hug for Amy :hug: (and hi skjuls - guessing you heard from her as well...)

LOL!!

I heard from Super_Fan who has been talking to Amy.

Yeah, they aren't happy they went straight from the atu2.com party to the line.

Yikes!

so glad I'm not there! LOL!

kellyahern said:
This is why Hawaii sounds like a better tour ender :wink:

Seriously, :hug: to all in the Portland GA line (and those not in the line too, but especially those in the line :hug: ).

No kidding!

I'm going to Hawaii for sure..................... I hope.

and I'm going to Monterrey.

I'm crazy!

Back
Top Bottom