Portland GA line up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for keeping us updated on what's happening in Portland right now.

My thoughts are with all who are facing the cold enduring chill.

:hug:

And any word on the "Thank you" fan action?

skjuls said:
So you got Monterrey tickets!!!

It's funny how we end up going to the same shows!!!
You guys got Monterrey tickets? :grumpy: The webpage never loaded for me...and still won't load :sad:

Hope you guys have a great time :hug: If Hawaii rumors are true, then I will be there too :hyper:

Miri, did someone pick up the signs that you made?

Skjuls, sending email now...

u2forlife said:
You guys got Monterrey tickets? :grumpy: The webpage never loaded for me...and still won't load :sad:

Hope you guys have a great time :hug: If Hawaii rumors are true, then I will be there too :hyper:

Miri, did someone pick up the signs that you made?

Skjuls, sending email now...

have you tried the link I posted in the Mexico thread.

It works so I'm told!!!

It still does, try again!!!

u2forlife said:
:applaud: Congrats! You must have worked very hard to put 1,100 signs together.

Can't wait to find out how everything turned out :hyper:

Actually, it wasn't much work at all.
But :shh: don't tell that to anybody.

Can't wait to find out about Portland too!!! I was supposed to be there. :(

skjuls said:

So you got Monterrey tickets!!!

It's funny how we end up going to the same shows!!!

No, I haven't gotten tickets yet. The webpage takes sooo long to d/l!

Lila64 said:
I'm telling!!! :giggle:

Oh no!!!
That means I better start printing for Hawaii right about now.
Hang on, while I refill my ink cartridge and stack some papers in the load try.

BRB

:sad:

I ran out of ink and papers

:wink:

Miringeltje said:
:sad: I ran out of ink and papers :wink:
I'M TELLING!! :giggle:

See ya :wave: at the setlist [insert cute little "party" gif that Lila is so good at coming up with, but I have no talent to find]

Skjuls, thank you so much for the website link :heart:. Unfortunately, by the time the webpage loaded, all GA tix were sold out :sigh:

All those going to a "possible" Hawai'i concert, keep me in mind. I suck at getting tickets online. :mad:

Last edited:
u2forlife said:
I'M TELLING!! :giggle:

See ya :wave: at the setlist [insert cute little "party" gif that Lila is so good at coming up with, but I have no talent to find

:wink: I said :wink:

I'm printing as we speak.

For my work!
:lol:

I'm about to head out and get the job done & over with for today.

You'll definitely see me at the setlist party!!!
It's in an excellent timezone for me.

Hey all! The signs worked sooooooooo well! I am so happy to have been a part of it! Can't wait till everyone is back home and posting and sharing stories and pics....I got a lot of pics and got to say I give HUGE PROPS to all of you who braved that GA line up! CRAZY!!! It was sad leaving the Rose Garden last night.....but so much talk of Hawaii is exciting.

I will get my pics posted as soon as I get home!

Carek1230 said:
Hey all! The signs worked sooooooooo well! I am so happy to have been a part of it! Can't wait till everyone is back home and posting and sharing stories and pics....I got a lot of pics and got to say I give HUGE PROPS to all of you who braved that GA line up! CRAZY!!! It was sad leaving the Rose Garden last night.....but so much talk of Hawaii is exciting.

I will get my pics posted as soon as I get home!

:hyper: :hyper:

Can't wait.

It was quite noticeable that the sigsn were working last night.
Bono's "No, thank you" came through loud and clear on the stream.

My reaction: :combust:

:faint:

Wipe me of the floor.

And now I'm all :D!!

Just returned from Portland...

Miringeltje, I passed out your 300 "Thank You" signs to everyone in the ellipse... we were second row between Edge and Bono, so everyone in the front got your signs.

Hope some fans sitting behind the stage will post some good quality snaps of everyone holding the signs, I wonder how it looked.

The GA line up was a friggin' nightmare, cold and drizzly, my socks were wet for 10 hours, but I ended up being the number-giver-outer, so I kept busy chatting up all the late arrivers as they got in line, answering all their questions like:

"Sir, if I get in the egg, can I take my wife?"

"Why are you writing on my hand?"

"How can I tell if I have U2.com tickets or not? I just bought these off eBay for $900"

"If we get into the eclipse, can we go out to take a pee, or are we trapped in there?"

"If they let 400 people into the heart, and I'm number 369, that means I'm in, right?"

"What happens if we win the lottery?"

etc.

Photos coming up...

4U2Play said:
Just returned from Portland...

answering all their questions like:

"Sir, if I get in the egg, can I take my wife?"

"Why are you writing on my hand?"

"How can I tell if I have U2.com tickets or not? I just bought these off eBay for $900"

"If we get into the eclipse, can we go out to take a pee, or are we trapped in there?"

"If they let 400 people into the heart, and I'm number 369, that means I'm in, right?"

"What happens if we win the lottery?"
*slaps forehead* Are you serious? How did you keep calm during all of this?

Glad you had a great time and can't wait to see pictures :hyper:

One more thing...

I made a little movie with my video camera of the GA line, interviewing a bunch of frozen fans.

It's about 20 minutes long.

I'm hoping Mike or someone else filmed the show inside, then will allow me to edit together my footage with theirs, giving viewers a sense of what the entire day was like.

If that happens, I'll torrent it on www.U2torrents.com.

If it doesn't, I'll check with the mods there to see if they'll allow me to torrent just my footage alone.

4U2Play said:
Miringeltje, I passed out your 300 "Thank You" signs to everyone in the ellipse... we were second row between Edge and Bono, so everyone in the front got your signs.

:combust:

:faint:

Wipe me off the floor again.

I'm not getting much done, if I go on like this.
And I've still got so much to do.

Last edited:
Thank you 4U2Play :hug:

It looked pretty cool from what I could see... I might have been looking like this :sad:

You all were braver than me. I gave up after about 90 minutes of being number 173 in line.

But was happy, warm and dry all afternoon and had a lovely soundboard spot. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom