Philly GAers: Participate in a U2 Research Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruffian

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
If you are planning to attend either of the Philly shows in the GA, I'd like to ask your help with a research project. A colleague and I (we are both college professors; I am a cultural anthropologist and the other researcher is a social psychologist) are conducting research on self-organizing culture among fans at U2 concerts--in particular, we are studying how the GA line rules work or ought to work and how fans react when those rules are not clear or when they are violated.

We will be asking people to fill out a survey asking about various aspects of concert-going and the GA experience. The interviews are completely anonymous, and results of the research study will be submitted to an academic journal for publication. The questionnaire has been approved by both of our universities and has passed a Human Subjects Research Board approval.

Thanks in advance for helping out with this project--we're really interested in what you have to say! If you have any questions feel free to PM me or email me: ruffian @ U2 email. com

participating in your research will make up for me skipping out on the work I usually do on Mondays on my own campus! :yes:

Sounds really interesting - see you in the GA line on Monday!

Taryn

ruffian,

this sounds great! i'll be in line on sunday & would love to participate & to hear more about your study!

see you there!
:) grace

You should have a sign in the GA line so that we can recognize you.

Hey everyone! :wave: Sorry I didn't get to meet that many of you--I chatted with lots of people but didn't get to put names with interferencers, other than Lancemc.

We got around 300 surveys completed, and thanks to all of you for being so gracious about filling them out. We are entering the data in the next two weeks and should have preliminary results soon. You can email my colleague (we decided she would handle email) if you'd like us to send you the weblink with the results, and I'll also post it on interference and somewhere on u2.com.

Thanks again for your help (and didn't we get an amazing show last night??? Bruce!!!! )

feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the project.

Back
Top Bottom