Oz anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmb737

Refugee
Just curious how many are planning on making the trip down under towards the end of the year. I must say that for Americans or anyone using the $USD, European travel is extremely pricey this tour and Australia seems much more inviting. Plus it will be nice and toasty!

The only negative seems to be the price of airfare. So who's going??

Go away! lol. Theres only a few shows on the other side of the country and those of us unfortunate enough to live on the "wrong side" are trying to muster enough money to fly over East. Plus the Kiwis are coming over. Probably some people in South Asia also.

I don't want to be competing with people from the USA who have tonnes of concerts. :(

:hug:

sorry.

only thing is though every where I travel be it Europe, Canada, wherever...the person always getting the last hostel bed or the last seat on the bus...is Australian. I personally know many that where in the heart for most of the NA shows....fair play is fair play.

Yes, that is true in my experience too. But I love Australians so I can't complain :love:

I plan on going but I was already going to be there anyway just travelling around.

I'm really torn....

I would like to go to a concert with fellow Interlanders BUT as Beli has said, living on this side of the island with the probability of getting a concert a big fat ZIPPO I want to be able to see them at least once.

:laugh:

cmb737 said:
sorry.

only thing is though every where I travel be it Europe, Canada, wherever...the person always getting the last hostel bed or the last seat on the bus...is Australian. I personally know many that where in the heart for most of the NA shows....fair play is fair play.

Thats okay. I was only half joking. The last time U2 played Australia was PopMart so I imagine you may have seen a few frustrated Australians flying out to see Elevation, because U2 didn't bring that show to Australia.

I guess my whinge was more for people like me. Yes, there are some fans with high disposable incomes that can fly around the world and see U2 multiple times.

Then there are many fans who can financially afford to see the band in their own home city or not at all.

This is my whinge, I will only say it once to protect you all from boredom.

U2 will probably not play Perth. If I am to see U2 I will need to spend about $600+ on a airticket to Sydney. The Kiwis will also probably go to Sydney as its the closest city to them. I have relatives in Sydney so I may be able to find some free accomodation.

My concern is that many of the "flying fans" from the USA and Europe will also choose Sydney. And theres only four shows (apparently). Thats a lot of competition for someone like me.

I would love to see U2 in Berlin or Ireland or anywhere really but the airfares are expensive. My only shot, and it is still expensive, is Sydney.

I can't stop people going to Sydney any more than the people of Denver can stop the "flying fand" from purchasing many of their local tickets.

/whinge

Good luck to anyone that scores a ticket to an Australian show. I just hope myself (and Tania, Palace_Hero, etc) are included in that number.

peace

Wow, I was mentioned. :ohmy:

Beli, as an 18 year old (19 by the time Vertigo rolls up) saving to buy a new car, I hope my old's are feeling generous. I WILL NOT MISS U2. I barely remember PopMart Perth, despite remembering as I walked out of the Entertainment Centre and looking back at the Lemon to "not forget it".

I was only 11 though, and memories fade. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom