Ottawa/ Montreal tickets and presale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bull's eye

The Fly
I am a former prop member with an unused code.

Has anyone found info on the appropriate tickets sites? For Ottawa it's www.capitaltickets.ca ... for Montreal it's something different.

There's been no information.

I still haven't received the clarifying info.

Anyone feel the same?

\
help
/:ohmy:

Last edited:
Montreal is via Admission, that's for sure. The website is www.admission.com, and there they have different phone numbers for different regions if ever you want to use the phone.

I don't know how it's going to be for the pre-sale, as it cannot be done through Ticketmaster, but as far as I understand tickets will be going on sale Sat. 19th for all Canadian dates, therefore the pre-sale should not be tomorrow but next week. No official word on that but that's what I gather.

Buffalo is in the same boat. hsbc arena goes through tickets.com and i have not heard of a presale date yet. this is more confussing than it has to be.:shrug:

I have the same trouble finding the information for the Montreal show... I know that for the Elevation tour, Admission.com had a special mode that you could enter your pre-sale code... I don't know if they'll do that again...

I guess it will work the same way this time around. I'm sure Admission has done many pre-sales before, so they just need to coordinate with U2.com. And I don't think it will happen before next week anyways.

Admission will work the same way it always has.

Once you type in your code at u2.com, you will be re-directed to the presale on the Admission website, where you will be able to purchase your tickets.

If you didn't purchase tickets for the first North American Leg, your codes are valid for two shows on the Fall leg.

Which means if there's a second Montreal show (and there probably will be) you will also be able to use the presale codes.

No problem.

Hey I remember you ! You're the girl that Bono brought up on stage during the 2nd Elevation show, right ?

Hi there.

MacPhisto066 said:
No problem.

Hey I remember you ! You're the girl that Bono brought up on stage during the 2nd Elevation show, right ?

Hi there.

Yep...

I'll be at the Montreal show... but not in GA this time...

Has anyone heard how the presale will work for Ottawa? Capitaltickets.ca told me they will have nothing to do with the presale and that it would be coordinated entirely through U2.com.

The link for Montreal on that page ends up going to admission.com. Capitaltickets.ca has announced they're the ticket vendors for the Ottawa show. I'm sure it will all work out - just getting a bit nervous about getting tickets for Ottawa!

Because they will add a second show when the first one sells out during the general sale, like they did during many cities in the first leg, and will do again for many cities in the third leg...

How large of a demand is there for tickets in Montreal? Is it like NY/Boston where a GA on the secondary market will cost you your first born, or can a ticket be obtained at a reasonable cost? I am hoping to score 2 GA's Tuesday in the Prop presale, but will need to pick up a third. My brother moved out to NH, and I would love to have him meet up with my buddy and I for a show and then to check out Montreal. Always been a place I wanted to go and with my brother now living across country just below, seems like a perfect reason to go. U2 + my bro is a great combo.

I'm not from Montreal, but judging by the atmosphere in the show I went to in Montreal compared to other cities, I suspect demand will be high. On the ZooTV tour, the entire area seemed to be singing along during Zoo Station - in comparison, for the TOronto show the crwod didn't get into it until 5-6 songs later. U2 has said they enjoy playing Montreal as well, and I'm sure the fan base is a big part.

For sure demand will be high, the shows will sell-out in minutes. But I can't say in terms of scalping prices. Maybe not as crazy as New York or Boston, just because there aren't that many rich people here and the cost of living is much lower... Also it's in Canadian $, therefore cheaper than the US shows.

But yeah, U2 is huge here, always has been, even during PopMart. Everyone and their cousins wants to see U2 live over here... Any song they release goes straight at the top at every major radio stations, all the time.

Has anyone heard anything about the OTtawa presale? It seems to be the only date that's not listed in the u2.com presale page.

peacefrogdog said:
Has anyone heard anything about the OTtawa presale? It seems to be the only date that's not listed in the u2.com presale page.

Check again..... It's there now. It looks like TM will be handling the presale with Corel doing the public sale.

Last edited:
I went to the Chez 106 (radio station in Ottawa) website and it says that U2 tickets for this particular show will be sold on www.cc.com - that's Clear Channel; I tried out the link and it looks like a CC/Ticketmaster site. Does anyone know for sure if tickets will be sold on this site too?

If so, I may just try it if everyone will be on capitaltickets.com

(btw, this pertains to the general sale, not pre-sale)

peacefrogdog said:
I'm not from Montreal, but judging by the atmosphere in the show I went to in Montreal compared to other cities, I suspect demand will be high. On the ZooTV tour, the entire area seemed to be singing along during Zoo Station - in comparison, for the TOronto show the crwod didn't get into it until 5-6 songs later. U2 has said they enjoy playing Montreal as well, and I'm sure the fan base is a big part.

Montreal was a crazy awesome raging concert when I saw them 3rd leg Elevation, too!!! :hyper: LOVED that show!! I'm not going back this tour, but anyone who does I am sure will see an amazing show. :drool:

Hmm, that page for Montreal is worrying... First it appears like tickets are already on sale, because there is no start date for the pre-sale. I tried entering my code just to see and it said it was a wrong code. Then it says if you enter your code you will have the obligation of buying tickets for this event specifically. What if I can't get the tickets I want and I prefer to try for Ottawa or Toronto? It also says that the code is good for one country only. What does this mean? That only people in Canada can participate, or that I can only buy tickets for shows in Canada with my code?

This is very confusing, and I'm getting worried about tomorrow. I'm supposed to be able to buy tickets for 2 shows, and I was going to try for Montreal and Toronto, but now I'm worried it's all going to be fucked because to different companies are handling the pre-sale.

Ottawa worked great...I've got my 2 GA's!!!!

See everyone on Nov 25th! I hope that Montreal presale is turning out ok...

I got 2 GAs for Montreal after 20 mins of not being able to get into the system. They asked right away whether you preferred floor or seats (no Best available option). The Admission site can't handle any minor level of traffic, it's going to be impossible to get through during the general sale...

i got 2 Montreal GA's tonight at 7:30pm...with no problems at all...so everyone who wants tickets for Montreal try again soon i'm sure you will have No problems now :)

Back
Top Bottom