One Tree Hill Pre-Announcement Pre-Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono_man2002's spelling word for the day: 'lovelies'.

DignityPassesBy said:
yea axver you really are a big jerk :wink: i love one aswell ARGH i dont think we're going to agree on alot

Hmm ... what's your favourite U2 album? Top songs?

Axver said:

:huh:

I have NEVER seen a person hate that verse. In fact, most people seem to think it's the best part of the song. I feel it's the only lyrically decent part, and it's sung better than the rest of the song too.

Otherwise, the lyrics are bad and the singing even worse. Bono sounds like he's choking on a frog.

:lmao:

Just because I was wondering, but why a frog? Why not a lizard or snake or antechinous or sumfink... I mean a frog is not something that immediately springs to mind :lol:

Tania said:

:lmao:

Just because I was wondering, but why a frog? Why not a lizard or snake or antechinous or sumfink... I mean a frog is not something that immediately springs to mind :lol:

Because when I was little and sick, if I had a bit of a croaky voice, Mum would ask if I had a frog in my throat.

Bono's IALW singing made me think of that.

Kewl!

Okay, the only song I will be quite happy not to hear is Pride but if they have to sing it so be it.

DignityPassesBy said:

Album - Pop

Song - Gone
Song - Please
Song - One
Song - Bad
Song - Acrobat
Song - The Wanderer

yours???

Album - The Unforgettable Fire

My 'Best Of Studio U2' Top 10:
1. Streets
2. Bad
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. One Tree Hill
5. City Of Blinding Lights
6. Heartland
7. New Year's Day
8. Acrobat
9. Gone
10. Wild Irish Rose

My opinion on:
Definitive live U2 song in general: Bad
Best live performance of any song ever: One Tree Hill, 26 December 1989
Favourite live song: 11 O'clock Tick Tock

So ... we agree on three things, Acrobat, Gone, and Bad! :lol:

Axver said:

I assume you meant to ask "what's right with In A Little While?", to which I would have said "the rocketship verse and little else".

The fact they performed it in Las Vegas with Brandon Fucking Useless Flowers just makes me hate it more.

Not a Killers fan then Axver...?!!:lol:

neilm said:

Not a Killers fan then Axver...?!!:lol:

Actually, I have every song they've ever recorded, I even have a bootleg of Brandon Flowers singing Happy Birthday at a friend's sixth birthday party!

What, you don't believe me?

timothius said:
Question:

Has U2.com ever responded to an enquiry that you have sent?

Yes. It took them a few days though and I still had to chase them up on one aspect of my query that they failed to answer.

Axver said:

Actually, I have every song they've ever recorded, I even have a bootleg of Brandon Flowers singing Happy Birthday at a friend's sixth birthday party!

What, you don't believe me?

Funnily enough......:laugh:

Well its after 12 here....I have an exam in......15 hours....I best be off. (only 2 more to go after tommrow :hyper:

Lets hope for Something tommrow!!..or the day after.....or the day after..........

Or the day after? :wink:

:wave:

In the age.......From the News Section.........

Achtung, baby! U2 aiming to crash Games finale

By Patrick Donovan and Peter Ker

THE kings of motor sport are idling, laughter is taking a holiday and there will be no new movies. But Irish rock singer Bono plans to crash Melbourne's Commonwealth Games party.

One of the world's biggest music acts, Bono's U2 is expected to play two shows at Telstra Dome next March in front of up to 80,000 fans on the same weekend as the Commonwealth Games closing ceremony.

After 18 months of negotiations, promoter Michael Coppel Presents is expected to announce the two shows for Telstra Dome on March 24 and 25.

If the dates are confirmed, several hundred thousand people can be expected in the city centre for the shows and sold-out Games events at the MCG and Vodafone Arena.

Blue-ribbon Games events such as the men's and women's 4x100 metre running relays, finals in the women's pole vault — likely to feature Australia's Tatiana Grigorieva — and sold-out finals of the netball competition are the pick of Games finals on those days.

The Age believes the rock shows are not of major concern to Melbourne 2006 organisers, who have had strong ticket sales for the nights in question.

But the prospect of adding tens of thousands of concert-goers to Melbourne's public transport system — which is expected to carry 70 per cent of Games patrons — is a headache for the State Government, which is already under fire for its public transport policy.

Adding to the pressure, much of Melbourne, including the Docklands precinct around Telstra Dome, will be mired in traffic restrictions on those dates.

The men's 50-kilometre walk travels through Docklands on the day of the first U2 concert, causing many streets around Telstra Dome to be blocked off between midnight and 3.30pm.

Games chairman Ron Walker played down concerns and denied that Games organisers had tried to get the band to play at the closing ceremony.

Most major events have observed an unwritten rule not to schedule events during the Games, from March 15 to 26. Even movie distributors such as Village Roadshow have opted to not release new films during the Games, despite the period coinciding with school holidays.

As well as sports events, the Games will include a multimillion-dollar program of cultural events throughout the city — including at Docklands.

The Grand Prix and the Comedy Festival are among organisations to have rescheduled around the Commonwealth Games. Plans for Moomba have shifted several times. It will now take place on Monday, March 13.

Rumours of the U2 tour increased after Bono phoned horse trainer Lee Freedman to congratulate him on Makybe Diva's Melbourne Cup win, saying he hoped to meet the mare when he was next in Australia.

bono_man2002 said:
In the age.......From the News Section.........

Achtung, baby! U2 aiming to crash Games finale

By Patrick Donovan and Peter Ker

THE kings of motor sport are idling, laughter is taking a holiday and there will be no new movies. But Irish rock singer Bono plans to crash Melbourne's Commonwealth Games party.

One of the world's biggest music acts, Bono's U2 is expected to play two shows at Telstra Dome next March in front of up to 80,000 fans on the same weekend as the Commonwealth Games closing ceremony.

After 18 months of negotiations, promoter Michael Coppel Presents is expected to announce the two shows for Telstra Dome on March 24 and 25.

If the dates are confirmed, several hundred thousand people can be expected in the city centre for the shows and sold-out Games events at the MCG and Vodafone Arena.

Blue-ribbon Games events such as the men's and women's 4x100 metre running relays, finals in the women's pole vault — likely to feature Australia's Tatiana Grigorieva — and sold-out finals of the netball competition are the pick of Games finals on those days.

The Age believes the rock shows are not of major concern to Melbourne 2006 organisers, who have had strong ticket sales for the nights in question.

But the prospect of adding tens of thousands of concert-goers to Melbourne's public transport system — which is expected to carry 70 per cent of Games patrons — is a headache for the State Government, which is already under fire for its public transport policy.

Adding to the pressure, much of Melbourne, including the Docklands precinct around Telstra Dome, will be mired in traffic restrictions on those dates.

The men's 50-kilometre walk travels through Docklands on the day of the first U2 concert, causing many streets around Telstra Dome to be blocked off between midnight and 3.30pm.

Games chairman Ron Walker played down concerns and denied that Games organisers had tried to get the band to play at the closing ceremony.

Most major events have observed an unwritten rule not to schedule events during the Games, from March 15 to 26. Even movie distributors such as Village Roadshow have opted to not release new films during the Games, despite the period coinciding with school holidays.

As well as sports events, the Games will include a multimillion-dollar program of cultural events throughout the city — including at Docklands.

The Grand Prix and the Comedy Festival are among organisations to have rescheduled around the Commonwealth Games. Plans for Moomba have shifted several times. It will now take place on Monday, March 13.

Rumours of the U2 tour increased after Bono phoned horse trainer Lee Freedman to congratulate him on Makybe Diva's Melbourne Cup win, saying he hoped to meet the mare when he was next in Australia.

Yikes! It will be a frickn' mess! :ohmy: Or I would be, given how much I hate crowds.

Of course it might make tickets slightly easier to get, considering there is so much else going on them.

U2 has always had a nasty habit of scheduling shows in places at the height of high season or when there's a ton of other things going on, so I believe this. ;)

Back
Top Bottom