Official Bring the Boys to Albany Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
U2's got a lot of history in Albany (one of 1st shows played stateside @ JB Scott's, etc.) and I'm really surprised that they have not announced a date there yet considering the proximity to NYC and upstate which is only getting the Buffalo show.

Other sites have mentioned rumored Albany dates, but does anyone know if this is based on any sort of information or just speculation.

Who wants an Albany show? It is a cozy arena to see them play at.

Last edited:
I agree I Love Albany

In 2001 I was in front of the heart.Awesome show!!! Bono had the flu-but we helped him :) I do love Albany/MSG-Its the Yankees I hate!!! :)

They were originally scheduled to play Albany in March. It had not been announced yet but the date had been set. Unfortunately, when they had to delay the start of the tour the Albany show got bumped. Hard to believe the Pepsi Arena couldn't fit U2 in so I have to believe it was a decision by U2's management to skip Albany on the 3rd leg. Maybe they decided that playing more shows in the bigger arenas in NYC, Boston and Toronto made more economic sense than stopping for one show in Albany.

There are tons of shows near Albany however...Boston, Hartford, MSG, New Jersey...these are all easy trips.

For Honor said:
Belive me.... albany could use some U2.....

but then again, I guess everywhere else does, too.....:hmm:

Yeah, like Albuquerque. Still waiting for U2 show #1.

Re: I agree I Love Albany

tomdalton said:
In 2001 I was in front of the heart.Awesome show!!! Bono had the flu-but we helped him :) I do love Albany/MSG-Its the Yankees I hate!!! :)

I agree.

Bring U2 back to Albany! They have a great Pizza place right next to the arena where the GA line starts.

Re: I agree I Love Albany

tomdalton said:
I do love Albany/MSG-Its the Yankees I hate!!! :)

How did I miss this!? Go Red Sox, World Champs! Albany was a brilliant show, followed by another brilliant one in Hartford the next night.

They have to play Albany, Bono talks about their last show there on the Boston DVD.

sindaddy said:
They have to play Albany, Bono talks about their last show there on the Boston DVD.

They actually DO owe Albany another show. Bono was almost puking on stage that night and really was off, hence the mention in the Boston DVD. Still a good night, but what a letdown after the preceding Buffalo show. Night and day.

Albany is probably one of the smallest arenas on the tour too.

looks like this might happen - Dec. 1st

Bono was really sick that night and he lost his voice a lot but it was still an incredible show. He was really talkative (maybe delirious) and there was a connection with the crowd that went beyond the usual one - he mentioned it the next night in Hartford and then again in Boston (the DVD show)

Back
Top Bottom