Now that Australia/NZ/South America is a done deal...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as of 2:02am u2log.com has also reported
We don’t like to steal anyone’s thunder, but we hear from some high reliable sources that Australia and New Zealand are a done deal. For real. Expect the official announcement to come soon at U2.com.

People get ready..... for vertigo X4...this really is shaping up to be one of their greatest tours ever!

FUCKING HELL YES!!!

Oh, to see U2 in my homeland will be a dream come true.

ruffian said:
i'd be really surprised if the band tour north america or europe in summer 2006. they will have done quite a long tour already and have played so many dates in both places already.

Me too and frankly I hope it doesn't happen for personal financial reasons and I think it would be just general overkill. They REALLY need to go to Australia. They owe it to the fans there.

I thought NYC 11/22 would be my last U2 show, but if they do a swing thru Costa Rica..........................

Is South Africa a good market for them? The currency there is lower than the Euro. And do they have a huge fanbase there?

I suppose they don't come to Asia cos they are popular here, but not EXTREMELY popular. Not popular enough to fill 20,000 seats in an arena nightly. Also, just juxtapose the Thai baht (for example) with the Euro. It's staggering. I think 2 euros is 100 Thai baht

man...this is cool!!! bring it on !!! all read the sunday papers tmrw - it'll be in there.

i_love_adam said:
Is South Africa a good market for them? The currency there is lower than the Euro. And do they have a huge fanbase there?

Well, they played two stadium gigs there on Popmart, one in Cape Town and one in Johannesburg.

Also, as far as mainland Asia goes (they've hit Japan fairly regularly), they were apparently going to play Singapore on Popmart - it appeared on early programmes but never happened (same happened to New Zealand).

Axver said:

Well, they played two stadium gigs there on Popmart, one in Cape Town and one in Johannesburg.

Also, as far as mainland Asia goes (they've hit Japan fairly regularly), they were apparently going to play Singapore on Popmart - it appeared on early programmes but never happened (same happened to New Zealand).

Johannesburg is more than understandable, financially. Um, I don't know anything about modern Cape Town, sorry. Except that it suffered greatly in 1859 when The Suez Canal opened. Anyway, isn't Cape Town...poor?

Japan is the wealth of Asia. In other continents (except Aus), like US, Africa, Europe, the people probably know Japan the best.

Luckily I was too young during Popmart and it was never feasible in Singapore. They can't fill a 20,000 stadium. Wait, we don't have a 20,000 seater stadium!

Anyway, fairplay to Australia! Rock on!

i_love_adam said:

Johannesburg is more than understandable, financially. Um, I don't know anything about modern Cape Town, sorry. Except that it suffered greatly in 1859 when The Suez Canal opened. Anyway, isn't Cape Town...poor?

Cape Town is probably more wealthier than Johburg except it does have a slightly smaller population. Both could easily accomidate a concert, as well as the south-eastern coastal city of Durban.

They would more than likely lose money on the exercise, but it would be interesting to see how keen they are on this Africa thing. :wink:

I'm greedy 4 vertigo shows is not enough.... hoping for Fenway or a Yankee stadium show again:madspit:

Ummm.....

Just watched a bit of Backstage Pass (missed most of it:mad:) which was mainly about U2 and the last comment was along the lines of the world tour being the biggest show of the year here in Aus!!!!!!

:hyper:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I'm in North America, and I think they should just go to Aus/NZ/Japan/Africa/Mexico/South America/Eastern Europe before they even think about coming back here

it's a World Tour, not North America and half of Europe Tour

Exactly.

Last edited:
COBL_04 said:
So has Australia been confirmed yet? Like dates been officially released?

The tour is confirmed but not confirmed if you know what I mean. The dates have not been officially announced on u2.com yet but when they do they'll show up here too. March is when they will be here though.

neilm said:

The tour is confirmed but not confirmed if you know what I mean. The dates have not been officially announced on u2.com yet but when they do they'll show up here too. March is when they will be here though.

So basically we are just waiting for a press release. The dates are all set, its just a press release.

Oh and people, I just found out about Zoo TV and what it was like, and OMFG I am so bloody jealous I didn't get to go.

COBL_04 said:

So basically we are just waiting for a press release. The dates are all set, its just a press release.

Oh and people, I just found out about Zoo TV and what it was like, and OMFG I am so bloody jealous I didn't get to go.

It is just a press release. An old music biz friend of mine works at Island Records in London and he gave me a brief lowdown so I know a fair bit about it.

Zoo TV was a fantastic tour, although I will say that Elevation 19th August 2001 at Earls Court would probably go down as one of the best performances I was at. They were spot on from start to finish. The complete opposite to the week before in Manchester where Bono was in a terrible way over his Dad being so sick and the show was dogged with technical problems. But for song selection the Joshua Tree Tour still tops my list.

If you have never seen U2 live before I hope you manage to go. The live experience is really something else.

Back
Top Bottom