November Dates Rumour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

Total bullshit.

U2 could never sell out four stadium shows in Japan. Why do you think there was only one on the original schedule?

Axver,

How quickly did they sell out the original date?

hedge said:

Axver,

How quickly did they sell out the original date?

Better question: DID they sell it out?

The sale process seemed rather bizarre from what I could gather in the thread discussing the Japanese sale and I didn't get the impression that it sold out, or at least not in any great hurry.

I think people like Dulce de Leche and God Part III were planning on going, though, so they could answer your question better. I just looked at the thread occasionally.

I do believe that any rumours of a second date failed to come to fruition, though, and I suspect that would have been due to a lack of sufficient interest.

Are we finally getting closer to release of dates?

This appears in Sunday's Melbourne Herald Sun :

Superstars to rock summer
By NUI TE KOHA
14may06

U2, ROBBIE Williams and Kylie Minogue are set to headline a superstar summer of rock.

Concert promoters have begun booking dates for an A-list trifecta at Docklands.

Williams will do a series of shows in outdoor stadiums in December.

"Robbie Williams will be here this year," promoter Michael Chugg said yesterday.

"I will not comment further."

Chugg is finalising stadium dates for Williams in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.

But Williams may have to fight for stadium space.

The summer tour calendar is filling with superstars.

U2 frontman Bono has reserved two dates at Telstra Dome in November.

"At this point in time, the venue is on hold waiting for U2's go-ahead to announce," an industry source said.

Kylie Minogue is planning to stage her comeback show in Melbourne in November.

Superstars Elton John and Billy Joel are also planning visits early next year.

U2, citing personal reasons, scrapped its Australian dates in March.

Guitarist The Edge's daughter, Sian, was ill.

Bono has said U2 wants to perform the rescheduled shows in November.

But, behind the scenes, underwriters are working hard on insurance matters.

"U2 is restaging a world tour from scratch. This involves a substantial set of expenditures," a U2 insider said.

U2 incurred "several million dollars in costs" for dropping their March dates.

"For better or worse, rock and roll is no longer an art form where you can spontaneously do things," the source said.

"Everything has to be in place."

U2's Australian promoter, Michael Coppel, refused to comment on background issues.

But he said a tour decision from U2 is imminent.

If the tour reconvenes in November, it will be the same show touted in March. US rapper, Kanye West, will support U2.

"The intention is to replay the shows they would have played in March," Mr Coppel said.

"They will be hotter shows because the band will have been off the road for eight months.

"Essentially, nobody will miss out on what they were hoping to see. The bonus is U2 will be energised and ready to play."

Tour plans for U2 and Williams follow Kylie Minogue's wish for a comeback spectacular celebrating her 20 years as pop princess.

Minogue, 37, says her return to the stage must happen in Melbourne in November for family, friends and local supporters.

Tour sources say the shows, postponed while Minogue has fought cancer, will launch a special 2007 tour acknowledging Kylie's third decade as pop superstar and survivor.

Next July marks the 20th anniversary release of Minogue's debut single, Locomotion.

Here's a link to the article:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,19126719^2902,00.html

So it looks like Australia in November. Could they possibly play Hawaii in November as well? I saw them last year on my birthday (nov. 21). It would be so cool to see them again on my birthday.

This could be of interest to you, someone posted on the @u2 forums that they bumped into paul mcguinness on thursday and when asked about the tour he told them it was all set for november....
Someone else also posted that an industry source said the Auckland shows are now going to be 24th/25th November.

Re: Are we finally getting closer to release of dates?

TampaDan said:
If the tour reconvenes in November, it will be the same show touted in March. US rapper, Kanye West, will support U2.

"The intention is to replay the shows they would have played in March," Mr Coppel said.

:scream: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I saw two potential goods coming out of the postponement:

1. Extra dates.
2. No Kanye.

I fear we won't get either.

Bah, why can't U2 have a decent band open? Oh, wait, U2 almost never has a decent opening band. Why not bring someone like Porcupine Tree, Anathema, Circus Maximus, Pure Reason Revolution, or Orphaned Land down here and give those bands valuable exposure? Kanye's already all over the damn airwaves. Use the opening slot to bring attention to good bands that don't have that attention.

"They will be hotter shows because the band will have been off the road for eight months.

"Essentially, nobody will miss out on what they were hoping to see. The bonus is U2 will be energised and ready to play."

:lmao:

What rot. The opening shows of any U2 tour after a long break are notorious for not being that good in comparison with later dates. If you don't believe me, check out the first date of every single tour going back to Lovetown.

Oh, and I hope Kylie Minogue never makes music again. The world is better off without her utterly tasteless garbage infesting the airwaves.

Back
Top Bottom