New York Whiners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jd45177

Acrobat
As A Paul O'Neill Fan from Cincinnati...I wonder how he put up with you New Yorkers for as long as he did! Good grief, U2 played 8 shows at MSG this year, you had the free concert last year AND you had the filming of the ABOY video...I don't believe the people that are whining, waaaaaaaaaaa...

SHUT UP!!!:rant:

BTW, Paul was 5 rows in front of me at the Elton John concert in Cincinnati a few weeks ago, I wonder why he doesn't live in NYC???

popcorn.gif

:wave:

go fuck yourself.

i've never whined about the msg shows once, and i went to every single one of them except for 10/14 and 11/22... and i had tickets to 11/22 but had to work and couldn't get out of it in time otherwise i woulda went to that too...

so yea... the garden holds about 18,000 people... they had 8 shows in total... let's not hold all 140,000 people who saw them in new york accountable for a few pickey assholes on interference, shal we?

jd45177 said:
As A Paul O'Neill Fan from Cincinnati...I wonder how he put up with you New Yorkers for as long as he did! Good grief, U2 played 8 shows at MSG this year, you had the free concert last year AND you had the filming of the ABOY video...I don't believe the people that are whining, waaaaaaaaaaa...

SHUT UP!!!:rant:

You don't have to be so rude with your post. One can get their point across in a much nicer way.

Re: Re: New York Whiners

Bonochick said:

You don't have to be so rude with your post. One can get their point across in a much nicer way.

My post stands. How rude was Headache's post? If he had read my post correctly, he wouldn't have posted his...if he hasn't whined then the post didn't apply to him.

I'll see U2 twice this tour, Pittsburgh last month and Cleveland in two weeks and I have to drive 4 hours each way to see them and there are people that travel thousands of miles to see them. Not to mention people that would love to see them but can't because of location, they can't afford to or for other reasons.

To be able to have them in your backyard for 9 concerts and see them travel your streets on a flatbed trailer, IMO, leaves no room for belly aching.

I'll admit that after the last show I saw (Monday the 21st), I was whining like a little pussy about some of the song selection and Bono's tired stories.

But I'm partly to blame - I spoiled myself in advance by reading about setlists and details about the shows, but have learned my lesson. I would never trade my experience - the band played great and Bono was in top form, even if I knew what was coming and was hoping for something else. Just from now on, it's steering clear of setlists and show discussions for me, unless I can find a happy medium...

I think the initial post has it wrong. Primarily, the people complaining about the shows were not at the shows. Rather, they were here, on the forum, watching/listening during the setlist parties.

I went to each of the ten New York area shows (GA's except for two). There is no way I feel disappointed in any way. I will never have this opportunity again. I am thankful for it.

As far as the anti-NYC mentality and the Paul O'Neill's of the world are concerned, NYC is the place to be and the place to make it big. We are the toughest to please, but when we are pleased we adulate and respond ten times better. Hence, we got ten shows on this tour and the flatbed truck and the free concert and SNL. We are the ultimate market. Paul O'Neill is considered a warrior whereas A-Rod is not. That's why U2 brought its A-setlist every show. Understand as much, and the jealousy will diminish.

U2 fans, don't be so sensitive. Be like the popcorn eating dude back there:wink: . Nice one.

Yes, NYC is lucky. But the best thing is that U2 loves them. Says Adam, "We love New York, and I think New York kinda loves us too!" Ahh, baby!

Oh yes,I nearly forgot. Just a little something else. U2 wrote 2 songs for New York. Yup, just a little extra bit there... nothing much *shrug*. Oh, and the songs were pretty nice sounding too. Incidentally, they were New York and COBL) But to me the City of Blinding Lights is always about Paris

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:

apologies to the poster of this thread :)
this is really offtopic, but hey Rose where'd ya get that smilie? I had a great site I used to use, but I deleted the link by mistake...

Last edited:
u2_girlie_2002 said:

apologies to the poster of this thread :)
this is really offtopic, but hey Rose where'd ya get that smilie? I had a great site I used to use, but I deleted the link by mistake...

I got it from Neutral. It's a great diffuser of tense situations.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom