My San Diego tickets - do they stink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnthonyR

Babyface
Hi All

I have a chance to give my Mom the best present of all, U2 tickets for the San Diego Sports Arena show on March 28th.

Problem is the tickets are located behind the stage in section is T6C and it is row 12.

Is there anyway to check what the view will be like behind the stage? I am sure my mom would want to at least see the band.

Please let me know or PLEASE refer me to someone that can help me.

I am paying a lot of money for these tickets, though the music will be everything, my Mom has never been to a concert and she is 65 years old. I would want her first experience to be her best.

She LOVES U2!!

By the way, I am surprising her.

Thanks,
Anthony

click on www.sandiegoarena.com and then once the page loads click on Arena Cam. From there you can type in your seat number and get a view of what the stage will look like from your seat. Of course, we don't know the exact stage configuration for the U2 show (and they don't show that) but you'll get an idea...if they do go with an oval catwalk all the way around the stage then rear view seats shouldn't be too bad. Good luck!

AnthonyR said:
Hi All

I have a chance to give my Mom the best present of all, U2 tickets for the San Diego Sports Arena show on March 28th.

Problem is the tickets are located behind the stage in section is T6C and it is row 12.

Is there anyway to check what the view will be like behind the stage? I am sure my mom would want to at least see the band.

Please let me know or PLEASE refer me to someone that can help me.

I am paying a lot of money for these tickets, though the music will be everything, my Mom has never been to a concert and she is 65 years old. I would want her first experience to be her best.

She LOVES U2!!

By the way, I am surprising her.

Thanks,
Anthony

That is so sweet of you to do that :cute: :hug: :bow:

Being behind the stage is not a big deal...inside the sports arena is much bigger of a deal. The sound will not be good back there. Probably poor.

cmb737 said:
Being behind the stage is not a big deal...inside the sports arena is much bigger of a deal. The sound will not be good back there. Probably poor.

Sound will be fine, in fact it may actually be better. They have speakers mounted on the back of the rig also. Alot of bootleggers started recording from back there because they were getting excellent recordings.

Blue Room said:

Sound will be fine, in fact it may actually be better. They have speakers mounted on the back of the rig also. Alot of bootleggers started recording from back there because they were getting excellent recordings.

Bingo...We have a winner.

Sound was great behind the stage for Elevation.

I'd suggest that Opening Night is going to be great, regardless of your seats. Unless you are serious about coughing up some significant extra cash to improve your location, I'd stick with it.

BTW -- my parents are 62 -- they will be at their first show 3/30 -- with two grandsons, my sis, and brother in law. I believe I will be waking them all up on my way to work Thursday morning.

Back
Top Bottom