MSG GA Procedure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alrighty, friends. GA Line report, live from, well, my desk. I went over to the Garden 10 mins ago (8:50) and there were maybe 30 people on line, from what I could tell. I talked to a few, most got there between 6:30 am & now. Some folks spoke to security about honoring the fan-created line list. They seemed alright about it - "it shows organization on your part, and we appreciate that" were the guard's words. I'm bringing a pad, a pen and a black sharpie to organize the line when I go.

Everyone, have FUN, good luck, and look for me on 10/10... I'll be wearing, oh, I dunno. I'll tell you when I figure that out.

good work on the info. Seems like it is business as usual with the GA line at MSG.

Cant wait for waiting on line all day in the pouring rain tomorrow (Saturday).

Goodie. How much rain are they expecting? What time do you think people will get there if it's pouring the entire time?

I think people will get there as early with or without the rain, the difference will be the number of people getting there early.
I dont mind the rain, in fact pouring rain would be better for me, than the Yanks game at 4 PM would be cancelled.

So, how was it, folks? Did the rain cut back on the GA line, or did a lot of people tough it out?

Well, it was a lot less folks than expected seeing as many (I would think) had the day off. I was actually #1 (girlfriend was #2), so we kept a list with numbers and names. The numbers went up to roughly 250. I know many folks near the back didn't bother with a number - and some found themselves trying to police separate situations. Ah well.

Overall, less than expected early on. Great experience though, wonderful people near me. Maybe even some of you. And, of course, amazing show.

I got #122 and waited in the pouring rain for about an hour. Then I admit, I bailed. Tir Na Nog was just too close to ignore. I got back on line around 6ish when they were going to let us in. Obviously I lost my original place on line, and ended up back with the 'no numbers' people on line. ended up in the corner on Adams side which is where we wanted to be anyway. ohh and the 2 ladies that were originally on line right behind us ended up being the only 2 in front of us. so bailing on the line was the best decision anyway.
btw, I hate the lottery. haha 0 for 2, but really 0 for 4 since there were 2 GA tix to 2 shows.

There was basically no line yesterday. I dont think there was even 100 people by 6pm. At around 3pm there wasn't even 60.

even during Elevation the lines at MSG were shorter than other venues. For the Oct 2001 shows, people were getting on line at 3 PM and were getting into the heart.

Back
Top Bottom