MSG 5/21 GA Rules

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luis.mf

Babyface
From the Garden website:

>>U2 General Admission Line Management Policy
Saturday, May 21, 2005
Policy for Guests Holding General Admission “GA” Floor Tickets

General Admission ticket holders violating any of the following policies will be removed from the GA line and refused entry into Madison Square Garden.

GA ticket holders may begin lining up at Madison Square Garden no earlier than 8:00 AM on the day of the concert. Guests will line up on a first-come, first-serve basis. Each person in line must be in possession of a valid GA ticket. Madison Square Garden WILL NOT be issuing numbered wristbands for line placement.
The GA line will form outside of the Floor Gate (adjacent to 8 Penn Plaza) located on 33rd Street, near 8th Avenue, wrap along the sidewalk toward 7th Avenue.
The GA line area will be cordoned off with barricades and monitored by Madison Square Garden Security personnel.
A guest who leaves the line will lose their place in line, Madison Square Garden will not be responsible for maintaining a guest's position in line.
Ticket holders will not be permitted to hold a place in line for other guests that will arrive later in the day.
Any disputes in line placement will result in all parties involved being moved to the back of the line.
GA ticket holders will be admitted into the Arena once the doors open (scheduled for 7:00 PM) with priority access given to U2 Fan Club members.
U2 Fan Club members holding GA Tickets will have “Priority Access” into the Arena once the doors open. U2.com Fan Club members will form a separate line parallel to the general GA line. Once in the Arena, Fan Club members will pass through an "ELLIPSE" gate system that will scan their tickets at random and select certain ticket holders for priority access into the Inner Stage Viewing Area.
The remaining GA ticket holders will pass through an “ELLIPSE” gate system that will scan their tickets at random and select ticket holders for priority access into the Inner Stage Viewing Area. The selected ticket holders will be directed to the “ELLIPSE” redemption desk to collect their “ELLIPSE” wristband. Each selected ticket holder will be allowed to bring one GA ticket holder with them into the Inner Stage Viewing Area. GA ticket holders not selected for priority access into the Inner Stage Viewing Area will be directed to the general GA floor area.
Ticket resale or scalping will not be permitted on Madison Square Garden property.
Backpacks, large bags, blankets, lawn chairs, etc. are not permitted inside the Arena and there is no storage for these items inside the Arena. All items must be disposed of in trash receptacles prior to entering.
GA Ticket holders must enter through the Floor Gate, located on 33rd Street near 8th Avenue. GA Ticket holders will not be permitted entry at any other point in the Arena.

**These policies are subject to change. Please follow direction of MSG Staff at all times.**<<

luis.mf said:
From the Garden website:

>>U2 General Admission Line Management Policy
Saturday, May 21, 2005
Policy for Guests Holding General Admission “GA” Floor Tickets

General Admission ticket holders violating any of the following policies will be removed from the GA line and refused entry into Madison Square Garden.

GA ticket holders may begin lining up at Madison Square Garden no earlier than 8:00 AM on the day of the concert. Guests will line up on a first-come, first-serve basis. Each person in line must be in possession of a valid GA ticket. Madison Square Garden WILL NOT be issuing numbered wristbands for line placement.
The GA line will form outside of the Floor Gate (adjacent to 8 Penn Plaza) located on 33rd Street, near 8th Avenue, wrap along the sidewalk toward 7th Avenue.
The GA line area will be cordoned off with barricades and monitored by Madison Square Garden Security personnel.
A guest who leaves the line will lose their place in line, Madison Square Garden will not be responsible for maintaining a guest's position in line.
Ticket holders will not be permitted to hold a place in line for other guests that will arrive later in the day.
Any disputes in line placement will result in all parties involved being moved to the back of the line.
GA ticket holders will be admitted into the Arena once the doors open (scheduled for 7:00 PM) with priority access given to U2 Fan Club members.
U2 Fan Club members holding GA Tickets will have “Priority Access” into the Arena once the doors open. U2.com Fan Club members will form a separate line parallel to the general GA line. Once in the Arena, Fan Club members will pass through an "ELLIPSE" gate system that will scan their tickets at random and select certain ticket holders for priority access into the Inner Stage Viewing Area.
The remaining GA ticket holders will pass through an “ELLIPSE” gate system that will scan their tickets at random and select ticket holders for priority access into the Inner Stage Viewing Area. The selected ticket holders will be directed to the “ELLIPSE” redemption desk to collect their “ELLIPSE” wristband. Each selected ticket holder will be allowed to bring one GA ticket holder with them into the Inner Stage Viewing Area. GA ticket holders not selected for priority access into the Inner Stage Viewing Area will be directed to the general GA floor area.
Ticket resale or scalping will not be permitted on Madison Square Garden property.
Backpacks, large bags, blankets, lawn chairs, etc. are not permitted inside the Arena and there is no storage for these items inside the Arena. All items must be disposed of in trash receptacles prior to entering.
GA Ticket holders must enter through the Floor Gate, located on 33rd Street near 8th Avenue. GA Ticket holders will not be permitted entry at any other point in the Arena.

**These policies are subject to change. Please follow direction of MSG Staff at all times.**<<

Okay, when the say fan club, do they mean all U2.com fan club members or just fans with B-FAN or whatever tickets. I'm a U2.com member, but got a GA ticket but in the general sale, not the fan club sale...

So what if I don't have a ticket yet but I want to be in line? Do you think they will let me?

Also, I am a fan club member - do you think I can bring my profile from the website?

I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this - unless you think I should.

If you're looking for MSG tickets today - dumb TM has had the search feature enabled for the past few days even though there are no tickets available.

I've been searching a lot and all of sudden today - they blocked me cause I made too many requests - many less than I've made on other days but they've probably got a lot of presales going on today and want to save the load on their servers.

Also - I have 2 computers on 2 different networks - I wasn't even on one of them for the past 2 hours - went to search on that one after being blocked on the first one and it blocked me!

So....just be careful and if you can switch between 2 networks (if you have that option) it might help - otherwise - be careful - now they're just saying to wait a few minutes but I've heard stories of people being totally shut out for the rest of the day or hours.

Why they have that dumb search feature enabled for the show is beyond me - - there would be no reason to search if the page just had "nothing on sale now"

thanks for the info redrover!!!!
I was just thinking to myself ... "why is no one posting about these MSG tix?" ...
Must be because everyone else is having the same experience: NO TIX
now i don't feel so bad.

Big Muff said:
thanks for the info redrover!!!!
I was just thinking to myself ... "why is no one posting about these MSG tix?" ...
Must be because everyone else is having the same experience: NO TIX
now i don't feel so bad.

Ridiculous that they've had the search enabled for days on a show with no available tickets - I've done this a lot before and have never seen this - could just be a mistake.

I don't want to inhibit people from searching but didn't want to NOT say anything and people get locked out. Good luck to everyone - lets hope they release something!

I'm not getting blocked at all now - perhaps they had 100 presales starting at 10:00 AM and that's why I was getting blocked then.

Eliv8 said:

Why? - This is the same policy since day 1

Every other show had fan club members enter first and get their tickets scanned first? I had heard that fan club and regular GA ticket holders got in seperate lines, but both lines were allowed in at the same time.

I'm confused.

Back
Top Bottom