Molly on Sunrise...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TIME OUT, PEOPLE!!! This "arguement" really isn't the point. We are ALL frustrated that the tour was postponed, we are all waiting anxiously to hear of its re-announcement and we should all, perhaps, think of the bigger picture...

Be nervous, be excited, be anxious, but BE PATIENT. The dates aren't even confirmed yet and we may yet be disappointed by them not coming at all. Perhaps some people would be happier with that outcome...?? I think not.

Chill pills, all round...:yes:

arzcrack said:
You do exams in the evening?

As a matter of fact, yes. The last exam session of the day begins at 5pm and can run as late as 9:30pm.

Anyone will tell you working for a living is far less flexible than university...

They can both be pretty inflexible. I'd like to see someone get out of a compulsory exam with the excuse "I have a U2 concert to attend". At least for many jobs, you could just call in and say your child is sick or something along those lines. I know I'm not getting out of any exams unless I have some fantastic documentary evidence.

Oh you can! A couple of years ago I was able to do reschedule an exam 'cos I was going to Spendlour in the Grass. I told them I was already going away or something.

bono_man said:
Oh you can! A couple of years ago I was able to do reschedule an exam 'cos I was going to Spendlour in the Grass. I told them I was already going away or something.

Really? I was under the impression that, at UQ at least, you were going to have a bloody hard time getting out of an exam without a doctor's certificate and I don't know any dodgy doctors who'll write whatever I tell them.

Axver said:

Really? I was under the impression that, at UQ at least, you were going to have a bloody hard time getting out of an exam without a doctor's certificate and I don't know any dodgy doctors who'll write whatever I tell them.

You would be surprised. I rescheduled many final exams in college by talking with my professors. If you're not comfortable in telling them that you want to ditch finals and follow U2 around for a week or two (which, by the way, is a perfectly acceptable thing to do - especially if you are in college) tell them you are in a wedding/baptism etc. coming up.

It is essential however to have an invitation and possibly pictures - which is why photoshop is such a glorious invention

not that I ever did these things - or still do :shifty:

I dont even think you need that much evidence! They are usually pretty good with these things. I did it at UQ too! :)

nurse chrissi said:
not that I ever did these things - or still do :shifty:

:lol: I think my excuse will be that some "relatives" from the "British Isles" are visiting me and we've planned some trips together to various other cities. :wink:

bono_man said:
I dont even think you need that much evidence! They are usually pretty good with these things. I did it at UQ too! :)

Ooh, awesome. That makes me feel much more at ease! :)

LOL So U2 is supposed to plan around obsessed u2 fans that are travelling the country to see them

'oops hang on, thats exam time - lets reschedule it to december....oooh hang on, its robbie, oh well lets do it over xmas cause we don't want the students to get upset!'

HAHAHAAHAHA

I'm a student, and travelling, and have my teaching rounds around the time - if it works out that way, i'll postpone them, or do them early -you can use that for exams as well. I was going overseas and did them early, so its no bother.

Back
Top Bottom