Minneapolis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetitans2k

Refugee
Is the minneapolis date going to sell out? It seems like no one here is even from minnesota. Has it sold out in the past?
im thinking about going down there.

I'm planning to go to Minneapolis (16/17 hour drive). I haven't heard too many people on here talking about it. Maybe GAs will be really easy to get for that show!

Hi! They've always sold out here. Are you in the pre-sale? For the elevation tour I got good seats on the side of Target Center for face value by hitting the scalpers. It's illegal to sell for more, but not illegal to buy, fyi! Had just graduated from law school and thought I should check that out. Best of luck.

I will be going to the Minneapolis show no matter what...my first U2 show was Zoo TV at the Target Center back in 1992.
Since then I saw PopMart at Ohio Stadium, Soldier Field and the TWA Dome, and Elevation x2 at the United Center. I was shut out of the first 4 Chicago Vertigo shows so I better get tix for Mpls.

Does anyone know the best way to get tix on Saturday? Will they be selling them at the Target Center box office, or at the Marshall Fields TM locations? Or should I just stick with web and/or phone?

I've never had luck on the phone, would stick to the web if I were you. I'm a fanclub member, so hopefully that will sort out okay. I couldn't get in for the Achtung Baby show, so went to Madison. Got to meet Bono there, right time, right place! My first show was Joshua Tree. Good luck, but you'll get in if you're willing to scalp for them. See you there!

Hope you have fun down here! I agree that it was lovely of them to schedule us for a Friday. Gives us all a nice weekend to recover our senses and our voices. Hello to The Peg. Was there once, but that was a while ago.

who's trying for what tickets? I'd love golden row, will need seats not GA...

titans, on the Elevation Tour, seats in the stands right to the sides of the stage were called "Gold Circle" seats.

I'm going for GAs in Minneapolis. My guess is that they should be relatively easy to get in comparison to other shows. Most people in the upper Midwest have probably already spent all their money on Chicago or St. Louis, and there's also shows in Milwaukee and Omaha to pull some would-be Twin Cities concert-goers out of the mix.

I'll bet I won't be able to sleep a wink tonight because I'm so frickin' giddy!!

:hyper:

Anyway, best of luck to everyone!!

I think I am going to try for the gold circle as well. How many GA's can one person get again? I need three tix so I think I have to go gold. darn expensive!!:(

There are already auctions on ebay for Minneapolis and Omaha GA tickets. ($500 for a pair...)There's gotta be some illegal activity going on there considering the tickets haven't even gone on sale yet.

Woo! Got 2 GA's! This will be my first time on the floor for U2! I can't fucking wait for September to get here!!!

Well, I am trying to go to Minneapolis but my Prop code is not working so I am sitting on the phone with Fan Fire trying to get it figured out.

I'm trying tomorrow for the Minneapolis show. Thank God I got the day off work. I love my boss - she just gave me the day off, no questions asked! I'm sure I won't sleep a wink tonight.

I'm hoping to get a GA ticket. I may live to regret it, being only 5'3", but I really, really want to be there with all the crazies. I figure that's the best way to experience my first U2 concert ever.

You'll love it, Bono's shades! I just got mine for the reserved lower level. Had to go for the Edge's side, got it! Row K, not bad. Got Row C farther away for the other code I used. hooray!

Couldn't be more excited about this. Had great Golden Circle tickets at the Target center for Elevation, but I'll finally get to be on the floor this time around. Really hoping beyond hope that I can get one more GA on Saturday for a friend, but I'm not holding my breath.
Anybody know how the GA line was handled at the Target Center in 2001? I can't really remember hearing much about it.

Bono's shades and others going for their first time: I'm so excited for you. You will vomit with joy.

Hope to bump into some of you there.

-Spiral

One other thing...

For those of you who at the Target Center for the Elevation tour, if there are a couple of people who would like a cd of that show, I'd be happy to send one out to you. You can't go to a show and not have a momento like that to remember it by. It's a decent recording, a couple of skips, but not bad. Obviously can't afford (and don't have the time) to send out dozens, but if there's a handful who want a copy, e-mail me:
timbubar @ hotmail dot com

Tim, you're getting mail! I may have cried the first time I saw them for the Joshua Tree tour, but was in high school then and much more dramatic. I think the Elevation tour was even better--loved the setlist. Oh how will we survive until September? FYI, I just got a cassette dubbing of a 1982 Manchester gig, can send to you if you have cassette capabilities! Will send an email.

I bought my GA ticket this morning with no problems! Thanks, Larry!

I wonder how early you have to get there to line up if you want to be up close? I guess I'll have a better idea once the tour gets rolling. I can't wait to hear what the stage design is going to be like!

Last edited:
Im going to try for 5 tickets together on saturday. Is it going to be impossible to get them even though im going to do at 10:00 exactly on saturday morning?

i've been waiting on ticketmaster for 15 mins....

but i already have tix through pre-sale. i'm just trying to score some for friends. there are four of us trying, so hopefully one of us gets lucky!

I'm hoping they might add another show. They've got Saturday open, then after the Milwaukee gig they have a week off. Anybody know when and how they announce added shows?

I was in right at 10...I had a chance for nosebleeds but gambled and ended up with nothing. Ah well, there's always ebay.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom