Miami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danielle

The Fly
I am planning to go to Miami....as it looks as though I am moving there in Sept!

Do you think they will add another date or two? I am hoping they will either add a show for the Sat. night... or on Monday night. Being that there is a show in Tampa on Wed.. I would imagine that they would take Tuesday off.

So any Miami fans on here?

--danielle

danielle said:
I am planning to go to Miami....as it looks as though I am moving there in Sept!

Do you think they will add another date or two? I am hoping they will either add a show for the Sat. night... or on Monday night. Being that there is a show in Tampa on Wed.. I would imagine that they would take Tuesday off.

So any Miami fans on here?

--danielle

There'll be a second show the very next day.

I'm from Miami. No Control you seem very confident. i honestly hope that there is a second show that would be awesome!
I am hoping to get tickets through the general sale hopefully it will all work out.

i'll be at both miami's...yea i'm figuring the 2nd show will be on nov 14 exactly 8 years after miami popmart =)

Last edited:
wow.. has it really been 8 years. Time sure flies. This will be my first time seeing U2 in Florida. Hoping I will meet some cool local people in line to befriend!

I moved to miami in 1999. Saw U2 here for 1st leg Elevation opener as well as the following night.
Great shows, Bono ran right past me during the fly.
Missed the closing night show at american airlines arena. Oh well, can't have everything.
Hoping to get some tix during the gen. sale for this tour, i'll probable wait till the second (crosses fingers) date is added, seeing as i'm broke from my MSG tix and airfair.
Good luck to all miami fans! PARTY!!!

danielle said:
How are the crowds in Miami? Just as nuts as us Boston fans?

Naw. Not enough Irish people in Miami to be that crazy. I went to the opening of Elevation in Sunrise, and while the crowd was excited, nothing compares to being with crowds that really freak out. South Fla is touch and go with crowds depending on who the band is.

How tough is it to get tix toi both Miami shows.

I thought I remembered the closing show having tix syill available for a long time after going on sale, is that correct?

Thinking of coming down From NYC if I can get tix at face.

I am from Miami, I am planning to get the tickets on the 19th I think, when they go on sale to the general public. Very excited since this is my first U2 show after being a fan for 8 years. Probably going with my mum or sister, since I am only 15. But I am very very very excited, hope I get close enough.

Surely they will add a second show, that´s what they did in Elevation. Many people from latin america will go to the concerts in Miami because is the closest city for them. I am getting my tickets in the propaganda presale. Hopefully I will get tickets for the second night in the general sale.

Anyone know if it's easy to get floor tickets in Miami shows, I was just wondering since there's doesn't seem to be that many U2 fans here.

Still thinking about this. I have very fond memories of Miami...I was at the last Elevation show in 2001, and lucky enough to be in the second row in the heart. :)

miss becky said:
I live three hours from Miami...I'm hoping to be there!

I live 3 1/2 hours away from Miami! I already bought a ticket to the Tampa show, and I'm debating whether to go to the Miami show too.

Only a few more days till the general sale!!! THE ANTICIPATION is DEADLY! I'm going to be out of the country so I'm leaving it up to 3 different people...So as you can see its going to kill me till i get back into the country.

Anyone want to plan a gathering with me?

I just moved down to the Miami Beach area from Boston. THis will be my first time seeing the boys in this neck of the woods. Would love to meet other U2-diehards!!

I think it would be great to have a gathering on Sat. the 12th. Anyone up for it? If so.. let me know!

I live/work in SW Florida in the winter months (Marco Island...about 2hrs west of Maimi and 2 hrs south of Tampa). I hope to go to at least one of the Miami shows, but currently have no tix. I checked on ebay and there aren't any GAs being sold right now for Miami. ETS has some for the 14th, but they're $170. Is it likely that they'll drop some at the box office day of show? That seems to be the case in most cities, however, I don't think they dropped any in Milwaukee.

If any of you find yourself with an extra GA ticket, please keep me in mind. I can't pay you much more than face, but I promise to take you in the ellipse if I get in (I've been pretty lucky in that regard thus far...3 out of 4!) and buy you a beer...even if you're not quite old enough. :shh: :whistle:
atikicat@hotmail.com

Hey guys, I monitor a yahoo group for Southern Florida fans and people going to the Miami shows. There are about 26 of us who are members on there. We are trying to see if there is interest to have a casual meet up this Saturday night. People might be in the GA lines during show days, so Sat. might be the best night. So come join in the convo.

send an email to:
SouthernFloridaU2Fans-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

to subscribe. Once joined, please answer the poll that is on the site URL.

Thanks!

danielle

Back
Top Bottom