Mexico - February 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VertigoGal said:
cool :dancing:

will they probably add a second mexico city date?

I'd say the odds of that are good.

also, will someone help me out...about how many dollars is 2000 pesos?

xe.com currently says that 2000 MXP is almost US$188.

Shag On A Rock said:
Okay. I stand corrected. Mexico is geographically on Central America but politically in North America. I do apologise.

Geographically North America goes as far south as Panama, as there is no continent called Central America. There are 7 continents in the world and none are called Central America.

Politically Mexico is part of North America as well, otherwise they could not be part of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The countries south, and in the case of Belize east, of Mexico, through Panama are considered Central America, but technically belong to the continent of North America.

This geographical divisions are rather arbitrary. The part called Central America starts in Tehuantepec, that is in the south of Mexico, so 20% of Mexico is Central America. Mexico City thus is Northamerica.

Also other authors mentions theres no such thing as Central America, as Halup points.

In anycase Mexico City is not Central America. (Neither Monterrey that is to the north.)

About the U2 shows, is possitive, there will be 2 shows in Estadio Azteca.

the name NORTHAMERICA has been, like most U2 shows, hijacked by the USA... Mexico is part of Northamerica, as well as Canada AND Greenland...

Central America as a continent does not exist... niether should South or north America... it's supposed to be 1 big continent.. AMERICA... but you know what happens there :tsk:

I really don't know where North begins, but in the south, it stops up there in Colombia-Venezuela... then Central, then North... then water and some polar bears... then vodka, a big wall, some koalas, a few penguins, and back home :D

rafmed said:
This geographical divisions are rather arbitrary. The part called Central America starts in Tehuantepec, that is in the south of Mexico, so 20% of Mexico is Central America. Mexico City thus is Northamerica.

In anycase Mexico City is not Central America. (Neither Monterrey that is to the north.)

I :love: this thread

Thanks Raf :up: Are you the Raf who used be on the chat thingie? The bloke who runs a U2 radio station?

So I could get

SECCION BAJO-A, FILA 26, ASIENTOS 25 AL 28

but what does that mean, the Stadium Seating Chart is essentially useless... A is where? 26 isn't bad however..

Anyone know anything about Azteca they could help me out with?

Any suggestions as to which is the best place on the tour to want to hit in the next 4 months...

Last edited:
poppedtart said:
So I could get

SECCION BAJO-A, FILA 26, ASIENTOS 25 AL 28

but what does that mean, the Stadium Seating Chart is essentially useless... A is where? 26 isn't bad however..

Anyone know anything about Azteca they could help me out with?

Any suggestions as to which is the best place on the tour to want to hit in the next 4 months...

you didn't try for GA?

well you are in the field it's so weird that the put designated seats but maybe its just a way to keep things in order, congratulations!!

were are you flying from?

I'm in Canada.. this would be my 5th show this year, (Seattle 1&2, Van 2, and Dal) but the timing in fact does suck. February is a bad time to leave here, so I may turn it down and try for the rumoured Hawaii show, or if later in the year, like April or May try for the South American shows... but still hard up for information. I tried for australia for hours, even just to get for friends down there, and NOTHING.. impossible..

but ya, these GA seats aren't so GA, and the information about the stadium is terrible.. I hate just getting "anything".. I'm sure they are good, but.. what does that mean... Not to mention I can get 4 tickets, but I don't know exactly what I should do with the others... I could sell them, but even just the effort of figuring it all out in a new country, and different language...

I sold a couple extras for Vancouver and that was easy... How do you sell tickets in Spanish..

PT

poppedtart said:
I'm in Canada.. this would be my 5th show this year, (Seattle 1&2, Van 2, and Dal) but the timing in fact does suck. February is a bad time to leave here, so I may turn it down and try for the rumoured Hawaii show, or if later in the year, like April or May try for the South American shows... but still hard up for information. I tried for australia for hours, even just to get for friends down there, and NOTHING.. impossible..

but ya, these GA seats aren't so GA, and the information about the stadium is terrible.. I hate just getting "anything".. I'm sure they are good, but.. what does that mean... Not to mention I can get 4 tickets, but I don't know exactly what I should do with the others... I could sell them, but even just the effort of figuring it all out in a new country, and different language...

I sold a couple extras for Vancouver and that was easy... How do you sell tickets in Spanish..

PT

well I would definetly be interested in buying you the extra and helping you with whatever you need, I actually live in Monterrey but I have family in Mexico City so if you are interested I'll buy you the tickets and you are more than welcomed to stay with us

and what do you mean you GA aren't so Ga, they are regular GA

I'm planning on going with two other friends down to Mexico City, I wasn't planning to but just The Aztec Stadium being used for a concert is well worth it

Well that's really nice of you man, I will see what the schedule looks like, and if I get them, I will let you know, and if I don't, I will probably still try to get some tickets in the mad scrable Wednesday... Are you trying via internet, or in person.

poppedtart said:
Well that's really nice of you man, I will see what the schedule looks like, and if I get them, I will let you know, and if I don't, I will probably still try to get some tickets in the mad scrable Wednesday... Are you trying via internet, or in person.

I'm trying internet and the phone, so will many of my friends and a couple are going in person, but why will you try again on wednesday if you already got the tickets? or do you mean for Monterrey?

I didn't get them yet, it's presale.. so you only get one shot at them, pick your favorite spot in other words.. I may try the "Normal" means for Mexico..

I sent you an email with my MSN, add me we can talk there..

EdgeVox said:
Mofo,

have you found out what time the tickets go on sale Wednesday morning for Monterrey?
EdgeVox@aol.com

Xavier

according to Ticketmaster

Venta al público:
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
11:00 am

it's going to be crazyyyy:no: :no: :no: :no: I'm really freaking out

oh and apparently Monterrey general sale got postponed

Last edited:
Mofo said:

according to Ticketmaster

Venta al público:
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
11:00 am

it's going to be crazyyyy:no: :no: :no: :no: I'm really freaking out

oh and apparently Monterrey general sale got postponed

Is there a way to get the Mexico TM site to translate into English?

Are tickets will call only? Im thinking about going but Im not sure I will have the time. I dont want buy and have to eat them if I cant get down there.

editorinchief said:

Is there a way to get the Mexico TM site to translate into English?

Are tickets will call only? Im thinking about going but Im not sure I will have the time. I dont want buy and have to eat them if I cant get down there.

sorry I don't think theres a way to transalate to english, go to the site and just check out some other shows to see how things work, I'll help you with your questions it's pretty much the same thing as US Ticketmaster

Seems that the Monterrey sale was really postponed, I would think they prefer to do it one show at the time.

Sale will start at 11 am local time on wednesday for Mexico City.

Monterrey sale will be announced later.

Well keep you posted.

If someone figures out how to get tickets tomorrow (a single maybe) and has extras, please keep me in mind as a potential buyer. I'm on a flight to the STL show tomorrow, but am thinking about Mexico and would be going solo. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom