MERGED-->Vancouver Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roland of Gilead said:
Well, I did it. I bit the bullet on the Vancouver GAs!!!:ohmy: The last ones for the presale too!!!:ohmy:

My wife is cool with the floor. I can't make up my mind.

I say go for the floor. I had floor tickets for two elevation shows and it was so much better than a seat. My wife is also cool with the floor since she hasn't seen U2 since Zoo Tv when we had absolute nosebleeds in Tacoma. She's in for a treat.

Anybody know how many rows are in a section at GM place? The seating chart neglects to show it.

At Elevation GM Place I was in section 117 row 17. I seem to recall that my seats then were 3/4 up from the bottom. I am guessing around 25 rows. I have row 9 now for 116. Whats your row Raid?

Roland of Gilead said:
At Elevation GM Place I was in section 117 row 17. I seem to recall that my seats then were 3/4 up from the bottom. I am guessing around 25 rows. I have row 9 now for 116. Whats your row Raid?

I got 2 seats in section 116 row 20. Are these good seats?

Raid said:

I got 2 seats in section 116 row 20. Are these good seats?

Personally, I would say that you got some excellent seats. I believe that if you were looking for seats, then there were 6 prime locations that were the best.

Sections 119,118, and 117. - The Edge's side.

Sections 104,105, and 106. - Adam's side.

So how does 116 fit in all of this? Well, when you see that there are 52 sections that make up the entire seating chart, section 116 is pretty damn great! You scored a section in the top 10 sections for sure!

How easily are tickets traded? I have some friends who will be trying to purchase tix in the public sale tomorrow so they can join me in Vancouver on Apr 28. I mentioned that a 2nd show will likely be added in the event of a sellout and that they should try for the 2nd show and see about trading the tickets later so we can all go on the same date.

Is this possible?

boosterjuice said:
How easily are tickets traded? I have some friends who will be trying to purchase tix in the public sale tomorrow so they can join me in Vancouver on Apr 28. I mentioned that a 2nd show will likely be added in the event of a sellout and that they should try for the 2nd show and see about trading the tickets later so we can all go on the same date.

Is this possible?

Hey boosterjuice! With you as a middle man, I would gladly trade 2 Vancouver 4/28 GAs for seats or GAs to the second show. See what kind of seats they score or even GA to the possible second show.

Roland of Gilead said:

Hey boosterjuice! With you as a middle man, I would gladly trade 2 Vancouver 4/28 GAs for seats or GAs to the second show. See what kind of seats they score or even GA to the possible second show.

Sweet Roland!

I'll let them know to go for it.

I'm about 96% sure it's 9:30am Pacific time.

Anyone know if GA is the default "Best Available" seats if I only select 2 seats and don't specify a price range or section?

melsbud said:

Anyone know if GA is the default "Best Available" seats if I only select 2 seats and don't specify a price range or section?

I don't know how the ticket default works but if you want GA tickets I would specify that in your ticketmaster request.

~crossing fingers for 2nd show~

After you get internal errors and no tickets that you are looking for, start experimenting with best available as last resort. That was how I got my GA but specifics work best initially I believe.

Would it be better to buy tickets from a ticketmaster outlet or online. I am thinking about driving 2 hours tomorrow to get to a outlet if it would increase my chances of scoreing tickets. Any thoughts?

RadioU2 said:
Would it be better to buy tickets from a ticketmaster outlet or online. I am thinking about driving 2 hours tomorrow to get to a outlet if it would increase my chances of scoreing tickets. Any thoughts?

I had that same question. It depends on what tickets you want. If you want GA tix, unless you're the first in line, you probably won't get em. If you want reserved tix, then you might be able to get em if you are close to the front. The problem is that many people will be standing in line. You might have to show up a few hrs early to make sure. Sounds risky. Since you have to drive 2 hrs to get there, your best bet will probably online.

I live in Arkansas so I don't think there will be anybody else there. That's why I thought it might be worth trying. I am hopeing for decent lower levels.

Last edited:
Tickets go on sale at 11:30 a.m my time, so I wont have to leave till 9. I'll leave my wife home on the computer, although she's not real swift. Maybe we'll end up with an extra pair, but it shouln't be hard to get our money back

Last edited:
melsbud said:

Do NOT do this. During the presale I selected the 49$ price range, best available and it gave me balcony. Not looking cause I was so excited I ended up wasting my code. So I'll be trying for GA tommorow as well.

amarks86 said:

Do NOT do this. During the presale I selected the 49$ price range, best available and it gave me balcony. Not looking cause I was so excited I ended up wasting my code. So I'll be trying for GA tommorow as well.

your own damn fault for not reading the ticket description :wink:

I mean uhhh.... sorry to hear that :(

I got mine using 49.50 and 'best available' ...

We've always been able to call another TM location successfully (like Kansas City when we're in Seattle), but today they have a specific thing in their voice mail: "if you are calling for U2 tickets press one"

Question: if we call 10 minutes before in hopes of talking to someone is it better to press 1 or NOT press 1.

My husband called an outlet in Kansas City this morning and even though they said the wait time was 4 minutes, he was on hold for 15 minutes before hanging up. Scary.

Back
Top Bottom