MERGED --> u2.com - DATES IN A WEEK! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope the announcement is on the 17th and then we can have a thread:
* arguing about who correctly predicted the announcement date,
* who guessed the correct concert dates,
* whining about the concerts clashing with exams and/or Christmas peak airfare season
* whining that the additional dates are unfair to people of Antartica

:drool:

Last edited:
And we can start complaining about the setlist months in advance. :combust:

And how will his haircut affect the setlist? If Bono changes his image, doesn't that change the entire tour? Maybe they'll play Some Haircuts Are Better Than Others! :yes:

I think it will start in Perth much like Popmart did. There has has been alot of talk over here about them scheduling in a date here.

kellyahern said:

We really should have had a pool :hmm:

I'm still going with leak on Monday and then announcement on Tuesday which would just be under the "in the next week" mark

on a separate but related note - when attending an outdoor concert in 100 degree plus heat do not drink so much alcohol that you become seriously dehydrated and fall off of ledges - and then many of your friends (who are basically lemmings disguised as humans) think that it looks like a cool idea and do it as well. Not only unhealthy but can seriously piss off the critical care team that has to take care of your sorry ass and work a 15 hour shift instead of a 12.

It was Ozzfest today :mad:

LuvandPeace1980 said:
I think it will start in Perth much like Popmart did. There has has been alot of talk over here about them scheduling in a date here.

That would be great news! Perth deserves a show.

And nurse chrissi, who the hell jumps off a ledge just because someone fell off it? People are dumb. :huh:

U2FanPeter said:
At which shows will Eddie Cheddar show up and sing? And verse vica.

u2fp

Eddie Cheddar isn't showing up. However, Eddie Vedder may, which is good because he's not as cheesy. :bonodrum:

Axver said:

And nurse chrissi, who the hell jumps off a ledge just because someone fell off it?

apparently people at ozzfest. That was just the tip of the iceberg that I saw today

I hope that Perth gets a show - then perhaps Beli could get to that one

nurse chrissi said:

apparently people at ozzfest. That was just the tip of the iceberg that I saw today

Maybe they were jumping off the ledge to escape the crap music. :wink:

Axver said:

Maybe they were jumping off the ledge to escape the crap music. :wink:

:lmao:
that was my take on it as well but I found it wise to not mention my feelings to the drunk very big man dressed in all black who had jumped off the ledge after his friend

Shag on a Rock - I knew who you are :shifty: And I want you to get to a show :hyper:

nurse chrissi said:

:lmao:
that was my take on it as well but I found it wise to not mention my feelings to the drunk very big man dressed in all black who had jumped off the ledge after his friend

:lol:

I really don't know why anyone would pay to go to Ozzfest. I like my metal but this year's Ozzfest line-up is just total crap.

LemonMelon said:

What do you mean, Rose? That it's already been announced, just not here?

If so...

It's time to Google...:|

No need to panic. I just can't believe we're still waiting. This waiting is just worse than it was before.:sad:

ramblin rose said:

No need to panic. I just can't believe we're still waiting. This waiting is just worse than it was before.:sad:

I reeeaaallly hope that "closing the office due to good weather, the office will be reopened Monday, July 17th" doesn't mean we'll have to wait till Monday. :mad:

I wish we at least had some more solid rumours to discuss! Anything is better than nothing.

LemonMelon said:

Have we discussed them all already? :(

We haven't really had much to go on, have we? I mean, last time, Earnie Shavers and thatsnotmypuppy kept us up to date with information that proved accurate, but this time, Earnie's been mostly quiet and puppy hasn't said a thing.

What confuses me is that Earnie's post about December 9 and 10 for Sydney conflicts with some other rumours - but would fit in perfectly with the December 14 and 15 for Tokyo rumour.

I don't know what to believe there.

So, you've discussed the new "leaks and rumors" post on atu2.com?

"With an impending announcement of new dates for the remainder of U2's Vertigo Tour, Australian newspapers are sharing what they've heard on the rumor mill. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, U2 are now expected to play Telstra Stadium in Sydney on November 10 and 11, with a new concert set for Nov. 13th. And the Melbourne Herald Sun tips U2 to hit Melbourne's Telstra Dome during the 3rd week of November. (Thx Lypton Village)"

Yeah, the Nov 10, 11, 13 for Sydney rumour has been around for a bit, I've even made a few possible tour schedules including those dates.

What I'd really like to know is how those eight weeks will be filled up. There were rumours about India earlier this year - maybe they will come to fruition? I honestly don't think those of you hoping for North American dates will get them, given the time of year - won't U2 have to play indoor stadiums?

U2FanPeter said:
Is there room for U2 to play 3 Japanese shows between Oz and Hawaii?

u2fp

Plenty of room, if the rumours of U2 being out of this part of the world by late November and in Hawaii on the 9th of December are true; that's pretty much two weeks open. I don't think U2 could sell that many, though. I think the Yokohama show will be moved to the Tokyo Dome simply because it's indoor and that's kind of necessary given that it will be winter in Japan.

I'm someone who would be rather surprised if they played any more American dates other than Hawaii, but there are a few domed stadiums where weather wouldn't be so much of an issue. Now, how they would sound in those buildings is something else.

I swear someone needs to come up with a code book to decipher the announcements on U2.com. First entry should be "within the NEXT week" means 2 weeks from now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom