MERGED --> u2.com - DATES IN A WEEK! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed with those who said Monday 10th info on coming dates announcement - Monday 17th actual announcement of the dates.

I'm curious to know if the "8 weeks of leg 4" rumour is true and what dates they will add.

adrball said:
Ax...how long before the first editions of the Sundays come out? I so hope you're right.

I'm not sure when they come out in shops (stroke of midnight? 1am? 2am?), but I'm pretty damn sure they are PRINTED on Saturday evening so that they can be distributed in the wee hours of Sunday morning. That means a press announcement has to be circulated to the papers in time for this printing. Last time, if I remember correctly, this press release (a PDF file) leaked around 5-7pm.

So if the announcement is in the Sunday papers, I would expect it to leak within the next few hours. Presumably by the time the Australia vs South Africa rugby game is over.

U2girl said:
I'm curious to know if the "8 weeks of leg 4" rumour is true and what dates they will add.

I'm putting my bets on extra Asian dates, some new countries.

What I'd like to know is which rumours are true. There seems to be one set suggesting Australia for early to mid November, while another for mid November through to early December. And, of course, the Hawaii December 9 or 31 rumours too.

I just hope places like India, Malaysia, Thailand, and Perth get some gigs.

I don't think we're going to get an announcement tonight/in tomorrow's papers, folks. :( I'm just considering that it's now nearly 8pm in New Zealand, so if the tour's being announced in the Sunday papers, we should know fairly soon ...

Still, I'd love to come back to the computer after dinner and find some fresh dates for dessert. :drool:

:hmm: Unless...the "within the next week" line really meant next week - from 17th to 21th July?

Did you see this on u2log.com?

Why tour dates announcement has to wait:

From the mirror.co.uk:

The sizzling weather yesterday was so good Bono's PR company decided to skip work. Callers to their office were greeted with the friendly voice message: "Hi, this is Principal Management. The office is closed due to the good weather and we will reopen on Monday, July 17."

Last edited:
WTF.

That kind of temperature here wouldn't even raise an eyebrow.

For goodness' sake, it's winter and it was 25C a couple of days ago.

This is too funny, from Mirror.co.uk:

THE sun is back and it's going to be a scorcher this weekend.

Weather forecasters have said temperatures could reach 27C inland and 19C around the coast.

[...]

The hottest temperature came in June 1976 when it reached 31.6C.

In comparison, keeping in mind that it is WINTER here, Weipa, Queensland also happened to record 31.6C today. Now, Weipa's a bit of an extreme example, I know, but bloody hell, all through Queensland it's 20+ in the middle of winter.

These people need to reassess what "sizzling weather" is.

Well, day off or no day off, looks like today wasn't the day for the announcement anyway. :sigh:

Axver said:

Weather forecasters have said temperatures could reach 27C inland and 19C around the coast.

[...]

In comparison, keeping in mind that it is WINTER here, Weipa, Queensland also happened to record 31.6C today. Now, Weipa's a bit of an extreme example, I know, but bloody hell, all through Queensland it's 20+ in the middle of winter.

Well, day off or no day off, looks like today wasn't the day for the announcement anyway. :sigh:

Nah, they don't need to reassess what sizzling weather is - it's all relative. When I lived in England anything around 27 or 28 degrees is considered a heatwave if you can believe it!

And here in Canada, it's going to be 38 degrees celsius today (who says Canada is cold??)

Axver said:

[...]

It's the UK - they don't have much tolerance for the heat there. ;) That would be a VERY pleasant summer day here in NY. I wish it was that temp, going to be around 32C today, by Tuesday 37-38C!

Looks like we can take today off from the tour dates watch and go on with our lives, and resume watch late tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
That New Year's eve Hawaii show rumor seems kind of bogus to me.
It's probably one of the busiest tourist weeks (if not the busiest) for Hawaii, with hotel rates at a 50-100% premium and a min. number of nights restriction.

ladywithspinninghead said:

Nah, they don't need to reassess what sizzling weather is - it's all relative. When I lived in England anything around 27 or 28 degrees is considered a heatwave if you can believe it!

Maybe they're just wimps. :wink:

Now, I'm not going to believe this delayed the announcement (I imagine they'd take a day off because they could; if announcement work had to be done, people would go in and do it), but if the announcement were postponed due to such weather, people here certainly wouldn't be impressed given how unremarkable it seems.

I was hoping maybe some news would leak overnight, but it doesn't look like it. I suppose today will be just a quiet day ... maybe some rumours will start floating around to sate our appetites at least somewhat.

Axver said:
I'm not going to believe this delayed the announcement

Yeah, I don't think so either.

The Mirror article wasn't named: "why the tour dates announcement has to wait".
That's what u2log used.
It made me :laugh:

OceanGirl said:

Irish supergroup U2 will announce the dates of their rescheduled Australian concert tour this week.

The band's promoter, Michael Coppel, has confirmed that an announcement is imminent.

More than 60,000 ticket holders are waiting for news about U2's Vertigo tour.

Music insiders said U2 concerts would now be held in early November, with Sydney performances scheduled at Telstra Stadium on November 10 and 11. There is also the likelihood of an extra Sydney show on November 13, with fresh tickets going on sale for fans. But those dates are yet to be officially confirmed.

U2's official website, U2.com, is also carrying news of an impending announcement, telling fans the full schedule of new Vertigo dates will be released within days.

The band's tour was postponed in March because of a family illness, believed to be affecting the daughter of guitarist The Edge.

U2 has since apologised for the delay in announcing the rescheduled dates.

So shall we start hoping for a leak sometime this evening or not? :huh:

I'm not sure some of us can take another week's worth of waiting. :crazy:

I guess it depends on how you read the statement. I took it to mean the message was going to be released next week and haven't been stressing too much. :hug:

Maybe they'll be kind and release it on Monday. Or maybe Tuesday our time.

See, the way I understand the phrase, if they didn't intend to release it within a week from the 10th, they would've written "within the next fortnight" or "within the next couple of weeks".

You know, if they release the dates on the 17th, we'll never know which interpretation of the phrase was right. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom