MERGED --> Tour Dates [wow!] + European tour dates leaked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yahweh said:
You people seem to forget that they had to resceduale this entire leg due to Edge and its lucky U2 are touring at all right now.
As far as I'm concerned, they may as well not be touring at all. There is no way I can reasonably go to any of the locations listed.

Yahweh said:
You people seem to forget that they had to resceduale this entire leg due to Edge and its lucky U2 are touring at all right now.

Yep.

MrBrau1 said:

Have fun getting your NYC and Jersey tickets. As now you'll be competing w/ people who would've gone to Hartford, Albany, Buffalo.

Mother Humper!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for that tidbit :evil:

Well, the closest show to me is about an 8 hour drive away. As long as my presale code is good till the 3rd leg, then I guess I can't complain and I'll go to a show then (hopefully they'll hit up Minneapolis or Milwaukee).

But if my $40 code isn't good past the 1st and 2nd legs, I'm going to be extremely pissed.

I am sure they will play all the cities they missed when they come back around.

"You must have joined U2.Com by Monday evening 24th January to gain access to the Internet ticket pre-sale, which will cover the bands first North American leg and the European leg of the 2005 tour. "

there is no stipulation anywhere on which leg of the tour our codes are good for. Why wouldnt they be good for the 3rd leg?:scratch:

Yahweh said:
its lucky U2 are touring at all right now.

i don't really feel so lucky.

i agree with mr brau1 - it was going to be hard enough getting tickets, but to compete with people who live in cities that they aren't playing in, who will go to another city now, is going to be nearly impossible.

I'm sure I'll just get accused of being whiny, but these dates suck. We've waited months for this, we've heard all the rumors about sick relatives and routing problems, and after all that... THIS is what they come up with? Thirteen cities? Only Chicago for the entire midwest? No shows at all in the south? Kansas City? Atlanta? Indianapolis? Memphis? St. Louis? Houston? Dallas? Charlotte? Miami? NOTHING?

Don't bother trying to placate me with "Oh, wait till the third leg", either. Would all you New Yorkers be happy with waiting till September or October? Would the west coasters posting here be happy with an east of the Mississippi only tour?

As it stands now, the only shows within reach of half the country are the two nights in Chicago. For me, that's a ten hour drive (not medically possible), an expensive flight (not financially possible), or just not getting to see U2 (not fanly possible).

This. Sucks.

C.

ImOuttaControl said:

But if my $40 code isn't good past the 1st and 2nd legs, I'm going to be extremely pissed.

That's the real question. Is the code I paid $40 for valid past 1/25. If it's not, U2.com will be in for a shit storm of really bad PR.

Well it appears I'm not seeing them on this tour.

The only place I can really go to see a show is to Montreal. Well conveniently enough, they won't be here until September or October, right when I'll be paying tuition and residence fees. I've got about a snowball's chance in hell of having the cash left after all that to see them.

See you on the 2008 tour.

"You must have joined U2.Com by Monday evening 24th January to gain access to the Internet ticket pre-sale, which will cover the bands first North American leg and the European leg of the 2005 tour. "

Wow. If these are the real dates, I've been ripped off. Officially.

MrBrau1 said:

Yup, this does not look good for the 3rd leg!! :crazy:

Some of y'all are freakin' out for absolutely nothing. They're coming BACK to the US after the European leg! They'll play a city near you, just not on the first leg!

Personally, I'm sort of relieved as I'm strapped for cash at the moment and I had no way of purchasing tickets on Tuesday AM or on Saturday AM during the public on sale. I'm hoping for a bit more of an advanced notice for the next presale...

MrBrau1 said:

You can't travel to Boston? Just asking, don't freak out.

the membership is good for one full year... the membership entitiles you to the presale... this access code they gave you is for this leg's presale... common sense would tell you they'd have a different access code for the third leg, when the third leg is announced.

here i am defending the $40 membership fee to u2.com and i didn't even pay it, 'cause i thought it was a rip off all along :shrug: go figure.

U2dork said:
Some of y'all are freakin' out for absolutely nothing. They're coming BACK to the US after the European leg! They'll play a city near you, just not on the first leg!

Personally, I'm sort of relieved as I'm strapped for cash at the moment and I had no way of purchasing tickets on Tuesday AM or on Saturday AM during the public on sale. I'm hoping for a bit more of an advanced notice for the next presale...

It sucks to have paid $40us and not to be able to use it when there is a show in your area during the return!

U2dork said:

That's not the issue. The issue is whether or not we've been ripped of for $40 when there aren't even shows avaliable to go to within a reasonable distance.

U2dork said:

Anyone see the fraud in this? In order to get the $40 password, you have to join the site BEFORE they announce the dates were the password will be valid. Then they go and play 13 cities in NA. Buyer beware. I really hope I'm wrong.

MrBrau1 said:

Anyone see the fraud in this? In order to get the $40 password, you have to join the site BEFORE they announce the dates were the password will be valid. Then they go and play 13 cities in NA. Buyer beware. I really hope I'm wrong.
[/QUO

Yup!

U2dork said:
That'd be great, except I'm going to be in an entirely different geographic location and have almost no cash due to tuition and room & board for college.It's pretty much either they put a date up at my venue for this leg, or I'm not seeing them until sometime after 2008 when I am employed...

Back
Top Bottom