MERGED --> Support for Twickenham 2? + Sunday at Twickenham: support acts confirmed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
support act for twickenham night 2?

i Have noticed there are several top acts supporting U2 in europe like the killers, snow patrol, razorlight, franz, keane and athlete but from what i have seen and read i can not see anyone been mentioned for night 2 at twickenham? Athlete will be there night 1. Can anyone help and inform me or have they not announced the support act for night 2 yet?

Yeah, i'm going to that show and was looking out for who the support act will be. I don't think it's announced yet, as u2.com doesn't have any names up for that gig. Bit surprising really- it's in only two months.

It a question I've been asking for a while! The 19th is the ONLY date not to have any support announced.
I checked the Athlete websit in case they were intended to do the 2 days, but they are playing somewhere else on 19th.
Who can it be? There arent that many current big indie/rock acts left are there? Stereophonics? I doubt it! (but wish it). Bravery? Kasabian? Zutons? Thirteen Senses?
ark

Personally I would like The Doves, but I don't know. Kasabian would be good but I know they are slotted to support Oasis on their up and coming American tour

Ooh what about the 22-20's??? I hear Adam is quite a fan! Have seen them live and they're not bad.

Apart from paddy Cassey, who I've not heard of, they have chosen failr high profile "indie/rock" bands. I wonder about Bloc Party? very "in" right now, but so are Doves, I guess
ark

Last edited:
Saw an article somewhere about the upcoming leg, and it had the recap of dates with supports - said that Interpol would be opening Twickenham 2.

Well it does appear to be Idlewild, but surely another one as well? I cant say I've listened to Idlewild, I'm sure they are very good, but not as well known as Killers, Snow Patrol etc. Surely we get a "heavyweight" band as well??
ark

I need to listen to some Idlewild then!

I cant wait to see Athlete and Killers again...Ive seen both and they are fantastic!!! :)

Shame Keane cant do 2nd london gig id be in a higher heaven then I already am...I cant believe U2 are almost in the UK... :hyper:

Sunday at Twickenham: both support acts confirmed

According to U2.com it's Idlewild and ..........................

drum roll........

ASH :)

So 3 shows and I'm getting to see Ash, Idlewild, The Killers, Starsailor, Athlete, Doves (and erm U2)... now you can't fault that :)

Last edited:
bonovox1972 said:
no need to feel you are better and boast full for all the gigs.

I don't feel 'any better' and am simply applauding the quality of the support bands on this tour.

Doves opening in London!

Saw the DOVES on tuesday night in LA. They are amazing and so nice! Talked to Jimi (the lead singer) and he is totally excited about opening up for U2 in London (just on the 18th) What a perfect show.

Anyone that's going to that...make sure you see them and ROCK OUT!!

Have a lovely day! :)

Back
Top Bottom