MERGED-->San Jose Ticket Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wink: Guess I'll be getting up pretty early on Sunday, April 10th!!!!!!!! :drool:

I'm so sorry, Sicy. I wish I had another GA to spare, but I'm a poor student. :| Here's hoping someone here will help you out, I wish I could as you've done a lot of cool things on this forum (mp3s, etc...)

Yeah, I don't see why there isn't a third show planned...........there's a huge group of people in Northern California.....

I GOT TICKETS FOR SUNDAY, APRIL 10TH SAN JOSE SHOW. GOOD SEATS! TICKETMASTER SAID THEY ADDED ANOTHER SHOW TO EACH VENUE IN USA! SEE YOU AT THE SHOW!

BigMacPhisto said:
I'm so sorry, Sicy. I wish I had another GA to spare, but I'm a poor student. :| Here's hoping someone here will help you out, I wish I could as you've done a lot of cool things on this forum (mp3s, etc...)

You are sweet, thanks. I guess I will just be happy with my sec 110 seats on the other side of the arena. :sigh:

ARGH! No luck for San Jose GAs. I'll be there in section 102 for Sat. night and section 118 for Sun. night. At least I'm in there!

hey there, I'm also in sec. 115 row 1 seat 3. we are closer to sec 114.

BigMacPhisto said:
dlbdlb, I (and some poster above me) are wondering how the seating works........I'm Row 1, Seat 1.........so is seat 1 closer to the stage or further away in a section? I'm in section 115. And what are my odds of being able to sneak out of my seat onto the floor? Or sit on the railing if I choose?

dlbdlb said:
bigmacphisto, et al,

seating, as far as I remember, at the SJ arena, starts at #1 in the left-most seat, if you are facing the section from the floor.

mind you, I had similar seats for both Oakland shows, and you will be thrilled with what you have. it does not hurt to be slightly elevated - to which you will be with row 1 seats in that section. you may only envy those in the heart/yolk - but remember, you will always have a place to sit and return to if you go get a drink.

now, in terms of sneaking down to the floor, you'd have as good a chance as anyone, but they will likely put up some sort of physical barrier. my advice is to make friends with the usher/gatekeeper.

There you go, U2FANinUSA.

I have a few questions about SJ if someone can ask....

I realized I'll probably best be off taking the CalTrain from SF to SJ......a friend of mine says he has ridden the SF muni's train to the Cal Train station.....he said he took the M inbound from SF State to Embarcadero and then the N inbound, where supposedly the last stop (or one of the last stops) is the CalTrain station. Nifty, but if any of you know a better way to get to the CalTrain station, it would be much appreciated. I know there's a bus route, but that looks like it'll take longer, to be honest...

Any tips on lodging in San Jose? Or a place to hang out late in the night? I figure I'll stay in the city after the U2 show and then get in line for GA for the second show sometime in the morning. (it would be kind of useless traveling all of the way back to SF State, spending 8 bucks to do it and then having to make the very long trip again the next morning)...anybody know of a park or something that I could sleep in if needed or a cheap diner to eat and hang out in later at night? Anything open late or in the morning that's worth seeing in the city? Thanks.

BigMacPhisto said:

Any tips on lodging in San Jose? Or a place to hang out late in the night? I figure I'll stay in the city after the U2 show and then get in line for GA for the second show sometime in the morning. (it would be kind of useless traveling all of the way back to SF State, spending 8 bucks to do it and then having to make the very long trip again the next morning)

I don't think you'll have a choice...I looked into CalTrain myself and on weekends the train back to SF stops running before the shows would end. Someone from SF told me in another forum, while they run special trains back from hockey, they don't for concerts.

I got the downtown Hyatt Ste. Claire on Priceline for $37 for that weekend, but now Priceline just combined the downtown and airport zones, so now there's no guarantee of getting a hotel near the venue (although the airport area isn't all that far away).

SJ Arena seats

I went to Duran Duran tonight and noticed that for all the sections from 117 wrapping around the stage- the rows begins at row 8. So Row 8 will be Row 1 (for all intents and purposes) for anyone to the side/behind the stage.

Back
Top Bottom