MERGED-->Omaha GA Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkramer

War Child
Line wait in Omaha: No Way!

My wife and I drove up to Omaha last night, and I think for the first time there is no way I'm waiting all day. Its 26 degrees and more importantly the wind is gusting at 30 miles an hour right now. I can't see doing that for 12-18 hours.

I just feel like by showtime I'd be more frozen than excited. I did 40 degrees, wind and raining in Denver on the last tour, but this is a little hard.

What would you do?

Last edited:
I'm looking out of my hotel room at Omaha - oh my goodness - it's nasty looking. Is there anyone who is talking to anyone already waiting in line here in Omaha? I'm not quite sure about waiting in line with a windchill of 0-13 (depending on wind gusts)

I'm a wimp...mk

I drove by the Qwest Center at about 10:50 this morning and i saw about 5-6 people bundled up with blankets sitting in chairs out front of the building, they're nuts when they won't be able to get in to the facility until at least 5:30 this afternoon. I think there the ones that one of local tv stations (KETV, channel 7)showed camping overnight with tents this morning.

Article on Omaha GA Line Up..Dorky Nebraskans!

Here's an article about the Omaha GA Line Up today.. It was funny in particular to one quote mentioned that I laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my chair..:lol:

Concert-Goers Line Up At 5 A.M.

Rock sensation U2 plays the Qwest Center in Omaha at 8 p.m. Thursday,
but some people were lined up downtown at 5 a.m.

The buzz surrounding the concert may be the loudest so far for any of
the concerts at the Qwest Center, in part because fans have a shot at
getting near the stage. U2 has a special setup at most of their
concerts that makes the general admission tickets on the floors such
hot items.

"(The band wants) want a live active crowd," said Qwest's Roger Dixon.
"If a crowd sits on its hands, and doesn't respond to the artist, they
don't have a good time either. They say, 'We don't want to come back
here."
The goal for fans with general admission tickets is to get in the "lips area." [sic] That's the area right at the edge of the stage.

Qwest Center said it has received inquires from general admission
ticket holders who wanted to line up early for a better chance to get
inside the outer stage. But Dixon said getting in line early has
nothing to do with the chances of getting inside the lips area. That
is decided by luck.

"Everybody has the same opportunity, whether they show up at 5:30 in
the morning or 5:30 in the afternoon," Dixon said.

That's because it will be the ticket scanning machines that will
randomly chose who goes into the circle area.

That didn't stop a few die-hard fans from pitching tents in front of
Qwest Center early Thursday morning.

Doors for the concert will open at 5:30 p.m. All the general admission
ticket holders will be taken into Hall B. Those chosen to get closest
to the band will be separated and given special wristbands.

Parking Lot B will be open at 3 p.m. for folks arriving early for the
show. The remaining lot will open at 5 p.m. Again doors open at 5:30
and the concert begins at 8 p.m.

It would be nice if that article were written by someone who actually knows something about the current tour or at least had bothered to do research. And how hard is it to figure out the reason people are still lining up early is they want to get a spot as close to the rail as possible if they don't get beeped to go inside the "Lips"?

(Sends warm thoughts to the Omaha GA line :hug: )

Many PLEBAns would give just about anything to get into U2's lips!

yes everyone in the elipse, were indoors from a news report i saw at 5pm. I am out the door and heading down to the qwest center now.

Yes, the Qwest Center did let the GA line INSIDE around 9am or so due to the cold and occasional snow.

The 5 people huddled up at 10am was me and a few others waiting in the box office line. For some reason even though GA went inside, the box office line had to continue waiting outside.
=(

It was ok though as GA tickets were made available starting at 12:45pm!!

That reallys sucks that you had to wait outside for tickets but i am glad you got in and enjoyed the show. It was an awesome show. I am laughing at their security, i walked right past them with my camera strapped to my back where they couldn't see it. Got some good photos too

Tim, a friend of mine queued in Omaha from 11AM. He got in the ellipse front row... He mailed me this morning.. totally freaking out... He liked it a lot..

I waited inside from 1 pm inside the Qwest Center, it was okay.

I have to say it was worth the wait, we got in the ellipse, front row in front of the Edge!!! Perfect.

The 'Lips'

Maybe he thought it was a Stones concert

lips.jpg

Back
Top Bottom