MERGED --> Oakland in November + Oakland.. NO TICKETMASTER + oakland general sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
agers84101 said:
Did you do this????? Does it let you buy tix immediately?

I joined a few days ago, then got an email saying that I could buy GA or Lower Level tickets for U2 shows. So I logged in and got them tonight.

You can join at any time on their web site but I think that they have to activate your password during business hours - so you can log in and buy tix. So you wouldn't be able to buy until tomorrow.

Last edited:
I got this email from someone the other day who is in the club.
Is this the same club?

Dear VIP Club Members:

The following performance is now on sale at the website for VIP Club Members only:

Event
Date
Time
Ticket Price

U2

Vertigo 2005 Tour

Tues., November 8

Wed., November 9
7:30 pm

$183/$109.75

VIP Club Ticket Options:

1) VIP Club Area Seats: Due to the large number of mandated artist/fan club holds, "your" specific VIP Club seats may or may not be available. In some cases, VIP Club Members will be relocated to another 'best available' club seat in the lower bowl. Tickets are $183.00 each, which includes a $15.00 in-house order fee mandated by the artist.

2) General Admission Floor: By selecting this option you are requesting a General Admission Ticket to the Event Level Floor. There is NO reserved seating on the event level floor.

** The combination of GA Floor/VIP Club Area Seats requested should not exceed the total number of VIP Club seats under your Membership **

Notes:

1) There are no extra tickets for sale at this time.

2) Tickets will be mailed out to VIP Club Members during the week of April 4th

The ticket ordering deadline is this FRIDAY, April 1, 2005 at 10:00 am.

You must place your order before this date/time to secure VIP Club designated tickets.
There will be no extra tickets on hold after the pre-sale.
It is very important that you place your order for tickets NOW if you want to attend this show.

To use the new web-based ticket ordering system, please follow these simple directions:

1) Log on to www.TheOaklandArena.com
2) Select "Arena" (found along the bar across the top of the screen)
3) Select "Club Members Only" (found along the bar on the left hand side of the screen)
4) Enter your username & password

5) From the on-sale list, find the performance you wish to pre-purchase tickets for and select "order"
6) Enter the # of tickets you wish to order (maximum corresponds to the # of seats purchased under your membership)
7) Select # of parking passes (if desired)
8) Read special notes/instructions
9) Select "add to order"
10) Either advance to "checkout" or go back to "order more tickets" and repeat steps 5-9
11) On checkout screen, select "mail tickets" or "will call", enter account and billing information
12) Select "send order" when you have completed ordering tickets
13) A confirmation e-mail will be automatically sent to you

*** Please call me at 510 383-4627 if you need additional assistance in placing your order(s) on-line. ***

Thank you.

Stephanie Salle
Premium Seating Sales Manager
SMG at the Oakland Arena
Phone: (510) 383-4627
Fax: (510) 569-2253
Cell: (510) 410-9802
E-mail: premiumseating@coliseum.com

Sicy said:
I got this email from someone the other day who is in the club.
Is this the same club?

Similar but my email was a little different. I think they have 2 clubs - one is Concert Club and one is VIP something.

Anyway, if that is from a friend - have them log in to get you tickets and save $35!

Sicy said:
Well I signed up just now to the Concert Club. Hope it works.

You and me both. Until the tix are in my hands, I won't believe it - though they did charge my credit card tonight. One step closer...

You should get an email tomorrow from Premium Seating verifying your username and password - then you can log in and get tickets. Call them and leave a voicemail if you don't receive by mid-morning.

I think the arena's club allocation will run out before the Friday deadline but who knows. How amazing would it be if it were really this easy! I'll still try on Sunday for backup.

I dont even want GA's.. I want really good lower level seats.

I'll let you guys know what happens over here tomorrow. I would imagine you would need to sign up no later than tomorrow in order to be activated by the deadline (Friday?).

agers84101 said:
It wont let you buy tickets right now.....it says account isnt activated

If you sign up at night - you have to wait until the next business day for them to activate your account.

Sicy said:
I dont even want GA's.. I want really good lower level seats.

The allocation for the Arena is the lower bowl, closest to the stage, so you should get great seats with Concert Club.

Good luck!

Well that sucks.. I didnt even look up the seating chart before I subscribed to the Concert club. Looks like the 'VIP' club seating is much better (blue)

clubarenamap.jpg

The problem is that no one is picking up the phone, they just want you to leave a voicemail. So I am just thinking that nobody ever picks up the phone, they only call you back, I mean, it's 9:25AM, most offices open by at least 9AM. I guess we will just have to wait and see...

This password has already been used to purchase tickets and is no longer valid

U2.com sends us all that email yesterday, and of course TM, as usual, par for their course, knows nothing about it, and won't let us buy those 2 tickets. By the time it's fixed, if it is fixed, the presale will be all over.

what is up with this presale, i thought we could buy 2 tickets to 2 shows with prop password..What did I do wrong, I had no option during the process to add tickets to my cart, it just checked me out

Stupid prop never sent my password :madspit:

I just left a voicemail for the concert club thing.

I just spoke with Concert Club, they will be emailing us the information to activate our accounts within 3 hours, can't do anything over the phone.

Hi, I just got off the phone with a woman at The Oakland Arena. She told me that you cannot do anything over the phone. However, she said that within three hours, you will receive an email which will activate your account. Also, she said that there should be GA's available. Also, I believe that you will be able to buy GA to both shows, meaning you could get a pair of GA for both nights in Oakland.

I got two GA tickets for Oakland on the 8th....my friend tried using her code and was told that it had already been used, and it hadn't. Any suggestions on who she should call?

Sicy said:
Well that sucks.. I didnt even look up the seating chart before I subscribed to the Concert club.

I never checked the chart because I only wanted GA's so didn't realise they had two levels of accounts...so how much do they charge for the VIP club?

VIP is like $200 :yikes:

Well I just got this email

Dear Concert Club Members:

The following performance is now on sale at the website for Concert Club Members only:

Event
Date
Time
Ticket Price

U2

Vertigo 2005 Tour

Tues., November 8

Wed., November 9

$183.00 & $49.50

Concert Club Ticket Options:

1) Concert Club Area Seats: Concert Club Members will be assigned a "best available" seat in the Concert Club Seating Area in the lower bowl of the Arena. Tickets cost $183.00 each, which includes a $15.00 in-house order fee mandated by the artist.

2) General Admission Floor: By selecting this option you are requesting a General Admission Ticket to the Event Level Floor. There is NO reserved seating on the event level floor. GA Floor tickets are $49.50 each. Note: There are a limited number of GA Floor tickets available for pre-sale. This offer is made subject to availability, on a first-come, first-served basis.

** The combination of GA Floor/Concert Club Area Seats requested should not exceed your Membership total **

Notes:

1) There are no extra tickets for sale at this time.

2) There is NOT a "Club Seat & Amenity Upgrade Option" package available for sale at this time.

3) Tickets will be mailed out to Concert Club Members during the week of April 4th

The ticket ordering deadline is this FRIDAY, April 1, 2005 at 10:00 am.

You must place your order before this date/time to secure Concert Club Area designated tickets.
There will be no extra tickets on hold after the pre-sale.
It is very important that you place your order for tickets NOW if you want to attend this show.

To use the new web-based ticket ordering system, please follow these simple directions:

1) Log on to www.TheOaklandArena.com
2) Select "Arena" (found along the bar across the top of the screen)
3) Select "Club Members Only" (found along the bar on the left hand side of the screen)
4) Enter your username & password

5) From the on-sale list, find the performance you wish to pre-purchase tickets for and select "order"
6) Enter the # of tickets you wish to order (maximum corresponds to the # of seats purchased under your membership)
7) Select # of parking passes (if available)
8) Read special notes/instructions
9) Select "add to order"
10) Either advance to "checkout" or go back to "order more tickets" and repeat steps 5-9
11) On checkout screen, select "mail tickets" or "will call", enter account and billing information
12) Select "send order" when you have completed ordering tickets
13) A confirmation e-mail will be automatically sent to you

*** Please call me at 510 383-4627 if you need additional assistance in placing your order(s) on-line. ***

Thank you.

Stephanie Salle
Premium Seating Sales Manager
SMG at the Oakland Arena
Phone: (510) 383-4627
Fax: (510) 569-2253
Cell: (510) 410-9802
E-mail: premiumseating@coliseum.com

I cant believe seats are $183 :sad: That is just so expensive.. I really dont know what to do. I might just say screw it.. I am seeing them in a couple weeks in San Jose anyway :sigh:

Great, I just got two GA's for Nov. 9th. How can I not go? lol. sigh. I really wanted seats but they are so expensive.

Maybe someone would trade me some VIP seats :hmm: lol.

WOO... I got 2 GA's for the 9th... :)

Thanks to a very generous person who gave me his prop fanclub code.

Actually I bought them for my friend and long suffering husband who is letting me go all over Canada & West Coast to see U2... so I figured I would let him go to 2 U2 shows :)

Just want to say THANK YOU to Finn (notlarry) for his code... 'I love you long time!' U2 friends are awesome!

Back
Top Bottom