MERGED --> Las Vegas + Las Vegas? + Vegas Baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ultrraviolette said:
If it's onsale at 10am Las Vegas time, is that 1pm eastern time? Just wanting to make sure because I might have to skip the first few hours of work :ohmy:

I think that is correct because Vegas is two hours behind me and I'm in the Central time zone.

psst, hey beth. does your contact guy at the mgm have anything to do with the wristbands?

if so, we must talk...:shifty:

You'd think that by my fourth time trying to buy tickets, I'd have technique down pat now, but it doesn't hurt to ask: Does anyone have advice on getting GA for LV? Did you specifically select GA, or just Best Available? If you limit yourself to the $52 price range, will it automatically look for GA first?

BAD NEWS!

Yes, bad news ladies and germs.

Bruce Springsteen in LA goes on sale at 10 AM Saturday, Bruce in Phoenix at 11 AM Saturday, and other Bruce shows at noon on Saturday. How do you spell fucked up Ticketmaster?

It sucks double for me, because I want U2 and Bruce tickets.

FUCK. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

plus at 10 am Sat. Greenday in L.A. at the Carson stadium goes on sale as well. Can anybody say "your wait time is approximately the next two weeks."

Do a phone to TM's horrid recorded phone #'s, to the MGM box office (which I guarantee you will require a tranquilizer), and online all at the same time. The only good part is everybody else is in the same boat, except for the scalpers who use their "speed dialing TM control systems."

powerministries said:
The Grand Garden Arena will be handing out wristbands from 6am to 9am on saturday (I'm sure they'll be out of them in a couple of minutes). The lady on the phone told me that they will be handed out at the Grand Garden Ticket counter located in the MGM Studiowalk. I've been in there a million times, but don't recall any ticket counter. She said it's located near Diego and 'Wichcraft, which are just past the monorail station. See you there.

I think I know where that is .I have to go to the MGM tomorrow anyway. I will see if I can find out anything else but it sounds like you guys know quite a bit. Thanks for the info!:up:

Well, I have now successfully rearranged my life on Saturday to be on the computer when tickets go on sale. This is pretty much the only 3rd leg show I can attend. (I know, I know, I should be happy with the three first leg shows I'm seeing...)

Last edited:
Vegas Baby!!!

Anyone else planning to go? It's gonna be one hell of a party!! I'm so excited already...I havent been there in like 2 months. lol.

powerministries said:
The Grand Garden Arena will be handing out wristbands from 6am to 9am on saturday (I'm sure they'll be out of them in a couple of minutes). The lady on the phone told me that they will be handed out at the Grand Garden Ticket counter located in the MGM Studiowalk. I've been in there a million times, but don't recall any ticket counter. She said it's located near Diego and 'Wichcraft, which are just past the monorail station. See you there.
I think I know where that is .I have to go to the MGM tomorrow anyway. I will see if I can find out anything else but it sounds like you guys know quite a bit. Thanks for the info!

There is a ticket counter right in there, I just never noticed it. The sign on it said go to the front desk to buy tickets, but that was yesterday, and there's not alot going on at MGM at the moment, so maybe they only open it when need be (like for U2 wristbands). That's where she said they'd be handing them out anyway, and it's right across from 'Wichcraft in Studiowalk.

powerministries said:

I think I know where that is .I have to go to the MGM tomorrow anyway. I will see if I can find out anything else but it sounds like you guys know quite a bit. Thanks for the info!

There is a ticket counter right in there, I just never noticed it. The sign on it said go to the front desk to buy tickets, but that was yesterday, and there's not alot going on at MGM at the moment, so maybe they only open it when need be (like for U2 wristbands). That's where she said they'd be handing them out anyway, and it's right across from 'Wichcraft in Studiowalk.

Thanks!:up:

ultrraviolette said:
THis may be a dumb question, but this will be my first trip to Vegas--what's the weather like in early November? :wink:

That is not a dumb question, ultraviolette. The weather is nice in November. It's usually sunny ,maybe a little cold to us Las Vegans ,temps in the 50's or 60's. Depends on the climate you are coming from...:D

GAs for Vegas 11/4 in the TM presale seemed to have been sold out, at least for pairs that I tried. What's left at all for the TM general sale on SAT?

Billie Midol said:

That is not a dumb question, ultraviolette. The weather is nice in November. It's usually sunny ,maybe a little cold to us Las Vegans ,temps in the 50's or 60's. Depends on the climate you are coming from...:D

Thank you! That will be wonderful weather! I live near Pittsburgh where it goes below zero, so 50's-60's will be perfect! :wink:

Do you think they'll add another night in Vegas? I thought that I remember seeing somewhere a "rumored" list which showed 2 nights.

i guarantee you they will add a show on saturday

u2.com even sent out an email saying youd be able to buy tickets for a show on 11/5 during the presale

well ticketmaster didnt put the show up for that(wow, u2.com was wrong again, who would have guessed), but once the first show sells out, the second one will go on sale

I'm going to try and get some GAs for Vegas, If I can't I probably won't go.

So good luck to everyone tommorow!!

Back
Top Bottom