MERGED --> JAPAN April 4 + purchasing tickets from abroad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
havn't been in europe or NA for the past year. so i never used my presale code. so used that for it. and they sent the tix immediately. so this is my 1st U2 concert this tour. Wish I got to go to an indoor one tho.

hits said:
Roughly translated an e-mail from Ticket Pia.

- - - - -
Since we received a lot of claims which mentioned there were no ways
for those who lived abroad, except for U2.com's presale, to purchase
the ticket of Yokohama concert, we decided to arrange for them a new
opportunity of lottery presale(?) on the web.

*Date : starts 12:00 Feb. 1
ends 18:00 Feb. 8

(*** I think this is JST (GMT+9))

The URL is going to be www(dot)pia(dot)co(dot)jp(slash)U2-2e

(***I have posted only a few times and I can't put URL. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

The arrangement has just begun and the site has nothing.
Please make sure as the presale's time comes.

U2.com Japan Tour Ticket Office

No way. I just bought an ETS ticket.

^^This is the same thing that I have been saying all along, which is why I didn`t go the ETS route yet. No need to panic and ETS is always available, even up until the last minute....I am just :scream: ::angry: :mad: with the confusion of it all....

d20f0a0a.jpg

So that one is back in the US. Maybe I`ll make a Japan themed one though...:hmm:

*** rumor ***

The Arena Standing area does not seem to be GA. It will be devided into SS, AE/AW, BE/BW, and CE/CW blocks. SS is rumored to be the nearest area to the stage, then A, B, C. E/W seems East/West. The stage will be set on the south side in the stadium. I don't know if SS means the 'inside' area.

At this time, only those who purchased via U2.com's presale got SS block tickets. Those who participated other presales have A-B tickets. I'm expecting the unsold SS ticket will be available on the general public sale which starts on Feb. 18.

Each block will have some thousand audiences.

*** rumor ***

Re: rumor about Standing tickets

I hope this doesn't mean that I'm not going to be able to get near the front with the GA ticket I got through ETS. I've gotten used to the idea that I'm going to be right up there.

Also, I wish I'd known about the U2.com presale. I was checking their site everyday last week but it didn't appear to be updated. I'm thinking now that is because I wasn't a subscriber and perhaps the link to the presale tickets was hidden. Kind of annoying. I would have definitely spent the forty bucks to save on $249 and to be sure that I got tickets that get me up front.

Dulce: I like your sign. You should definitely make the Japan one. It fits with your "theme" should be recognized just as well.

Based on the phone number this girl I know called, there were three options for standing:

floor 10000
1F standing 15000
2F standing 10000

She didn`t know which was best but went with floor.

This is soooooooooooooo confusing and it is so frustrating and unfair that you basically have to purchase tickets without truly knowing where you will be in the stadium.

And it`s not just the language barrier. Seriously, even the Japanese here cannot figure it out.

I WANT TO SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:scream:

But thanks about the sign Sean. :wink:

This is crazy. This is freakin' Japan. It shouldn't be this hard to get a good spot on the floor in Japan. After all, this is where tickets were selling the slowest, right? I just really can't believe that GPIII and I are locked out of the standing spaces by buying on ETS.

Hope not anyway.

***sigh***

Let me know what you find out, God Part III.

By the way, in case any of you are wondering why I've waited till now to go to a U2 concert, I posted an entry in the Babyface forum.

It's a bit lengthy, but it will give you a sense of who I am and what U2 means to me. Check it out, if you have the time. :)

Interesting story!
Glad to see Zooropa in the top 3 :)

They won't disappoint live, guaranteed. I haven't called them yet and I don't think will before sometime next week - I'm a bit snowed under, both literally and metaphorically speaking ;)
Anyway, welcome to the boards ! :wink:

confusing and frustrating... Yeah, that's right. Even the Japanese fans here are frustrated but the rumors are getting likely.

They say the URL undermentioned will show the seating chart in a week. I think it will be Feb. 1.
info_dot_pia_dot_co_dot_jp/et/promo/music/u2_dot_jsp

There is a law called Fire Defense Law which prevents us to enjoy concerts like your country. According to it, it is prohibited to light a lighter. I guess GA is not applied here because of the law.

1F and 2F are not standing area. They are the stands. Sitting seats.

- - -
A Japanese music magazine 'Rockin' On', which will be out in early February, will have U2 on the cover.

www_dot_rock-net_dot_jp/rockinon/next_dot_html

The receipt I got from ETS just says General Admission Floor Ticket. There isn't any other designation like 1F or 2F. I hope that means I can stand. I don't know when I would find out. I guess when I get the ticket, or when GPIII calls ETS.

I'm really getting annoyed with this. But. . .what can you do.

Nissan Stadium Seat View

a1753_dot_g_dot_akamai_dot_net/7/1753/8370/20040701000000/info_dot_pia_dot_co_dot_jp/et/promo/music/images/u2_seatview01_02_dot_jpg

SS block is the promised place...

Hey Dulce,

Todays the big day, right? Did you get a good ticket?

Hits,

I really don't know what the SS block is all about. I didn't have the option when I bought through ETS. I've decided not to worry about it. After all, I've already bought my ticket--what's done is done. It's not like I can change my seating designation anyway. I'm just glad to be going.

I applied using the English PIA web site form. All I have is an email confirmation that I applied and that if I'm successful I will find out Feb 14th...

I'm not sure whether I should have used ETS... I'd love to be in the SS section of GA.

I meant to thank you guys for all the help you have been to me so far (without you knowing it). My wife and I are taking a week's holiday in Tokyo to coincide with my 40th birthday and the U2 show. I'd love to be up front with a sign saying: Play "40" for me - it's my 40th!!! or something like that.. lol

I've been checking the official U2.com site for an update and the promised links for the Tokyo show. I even renewed my subscription to be on the safe side. Unless I've missed them there has been nothing on there since the announcement Jan 10th...

Wow, I cannot believe there is an English pia website that I`m just now finding out about. :| That said, I guess I will console myself by the fact that I don`t think I could have used it anyway, since I`m actually residing in Japan for now. Unless I gave a US address and had my folks mail tickets here, but whatever....

I got my ticket through the lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: Got an email late last night. So I am good to go, and now just wondering like you guys what is the deal with the floor...I wonder if it`s completely random among the floor tickets; we have no choice and our ticket will say SS or any other combination of the lettered sections and we have to go there; that is our spot on the floor....:huh: :confused:

Dulce de Leche said:

I got my ticket through the lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: Got an email late last night. So I am good to go, and now just wondering like you guys what is the deal with the floor...I wonder if it`s completely random among the floor tickets; we have no choice and our ticket will say SS or any other combination of the lettered sections and we have to go there; that is our spot on the floor....:huh: :confused:

Congratulations! Please give us a report on the concert.

Congrats Dulce on getting your ticket. Sounds like the pieces are falling into place.

What does your seating designation say?

I've been checking the official U2.com site for an update and the promised links for the Tokyo show. I even renewed my subscription to be on the safe side. Unless I've missed them there has been nothing on there since the announcement Jan 10th... [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've found that site to be less than helpful. And you're even a subscriber! Congrats. on your 40th by the way.

This means we all have tickets.
HURRAH!
I suspect that it's actually just the 3000 first that get in the SS area, and people just choose which block they'll be in.

I got some news from Pia's domestic "Super Pre-reserve".

It's unbelievable that a lot of fans couldn't win the lottery. Instead (?) the 2nd pre-reserve will be held from Feb. 3 18:00 until Feb. 16 09:00 (JST). That's totally stupid!

This is a kind of good news. Some got SS tickets! But some got C block. This is the first time that I heard SS tickets were sold other than U2.com's presale.

On the ticket is written:
*rain or shine
*no cameras, no recorders
*preschoolers are not allowed
*Open: 4:30PM Start: 6:45PM
*XX block
*Arena, Standing
*reference number (on the bottom right)

There seems nothing special except for the blocks. The reference number is meaningless. 'First come, first serve' entrance. Pia posted FAQ on their website and I'll translate it if I have time.

To martjjs,
Congrats on your 40th birthday and welcome to Japan!

To all,
I forgot to say welcome to Japan :)
See you all in the SS block!

Back
Top Bottom