MERGED --> JAPAN April 4 + purchasing tickets from abroad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am holding out and not going that route yet.

I will ask my host mom to call tomorrow. What she said is going on is completely different than what your student said is going on. Her impression is that of a lottery; not that anything sold out....

Hearing what your impression of it is makes me even more pissed off though....

:angry:

I am a member but the damn site crashed.

maycocksean said:
God Part III

I just went to that ETS site and bought the package. I'm sorry I couldnt' get two, but I didnt' have enough credit on my credit card to get more than one at $249 each (As you can see I'm not exactly rolling in money here). Anyway, it was quite simple, I thought. Which kinda scares me. . .considering all the frustration people have been having. I'm thinking "it can't be that easy. I mean can it?" Let me know how it goes for you. I don't know where Dulce is but if this is on the up and up I hope she gets a ticket.

We'll see.

I used ETS for 5 shows on this tour, both GA & Seats. It was that easy. Funny enough 3 of the GA tickets I got through ETS even scanned me into the ellipse. I'm also using them for New Zealand.

Maycocksean (just Sean I expect), congratulations with your first U2 show ever. I appreciate your wanting to help me, thank you very much, though I'm not sure if I'll go ETS just yet... It depends. I'll call them later in the day, it's 5 or something in California now, and maybe I will buy one (this thread is a huge mix of time zones :D ). I just want to get in line early to get up close with the band, I did so for the 3 other concerts where I was GA, and seeing this will be my last time seeing them in 4-5 years live I have decided to make the best out of it. But anyway, congratulations!

Dulce:
I think we can safely claim that this is surely amongst the worst ticketing systems for a U2 concert ever (I don't have much experience, but the so-called "disastrous" Copenhagen sale went smooth compared to this!). ETS doesn't sell out so fast though, so at least we don't have to hurry - we have time on our side... If the internet sale ends up not working for you, isn't it possible to go to a ticket vendor on February 1st - I mean, in Tokyo somewhere?
I hope that it works out for you - as I mentioned I'd be happy to buy the extra ticket you were thinking of purchasing. Anyway, good night and good luck ;)

Dulce:

Re: my student's information. Basically, she's getting her information from two sources. One is the website we've been looking at. She told me about the membership thing, but didn't mention the lottery. Her mom was the one checking the site since my student doesn't read Kanji (she's lived here on Saipan her whole 17 years so though she does speak the language she doesn't read the characters). I think her mom just saw the membership thing and said forget about it. (She may have also realized it was a lottery, I don't know). So then they called the aunt in Tokyo, and aunt called somewhere (I don't know where, but I could find out for you if you'd like) and was told the tickets at that source had sold out in the first hour, but that "more would/might be available next week." That was the second source.

In my opinion, if you want to avoid the hassle, and want it to be easy, and you don't mind forking out the extra cash, it sounds like ETS is the way to go especially after hearing how well it's worked for GPIII

I guess since this is my first U2 concert, I'm still in the "money is no object" frame of mind. Considering that my airfare is free, $249 is cheap enough.

Good luck and hope it all works out for you.

Yeah, It's Sean.

I just wasn't feeling creative in coming up with a great "name".

So the reason you're holding out is so that you don't have to go with the ETS "tour group" and make sure you get right in front on your own? That would make sense. I'm amazed at all the shows that you've already been to. I feel lucky just to be going to one!

Any other useful information about how the ETS deal works?

Oh - Ramblin Rose - maybe you can answer my question then...

Is it possible to go to the preshow party and leave? Or maybe get the ticket earlier than that?

Thanks in advance ;)

I stood in line all day, (with my ETS voucher that you will receive via email), then left the line to get the ticket at the party, got the ticket and came back. Here in the U.S I know the party started at 4PM but it seems like the ETS parties in some of these stadium shows are starting way earlier (I think in Monterrey the party is starting at 11AM). There is no need to stay at the party. And there is definately no reason to go on the tour bus, unless you go with a seat option and want the convenience of being taken to the stadium. I never took the bus actually.

I've never even called ETS. I've purchased the packages through the website, never had a need to speak to anyone.

For NZ I emailed the President of the company on a Sunday morning asking if they were going to offer Night Out only for NZ and not only did I get a reply withing 30 minutes but he told me that even though they hadn't gotten the greenlight to do that yet, the decision was imminent. Within a couple of days I got an email from the representative he asked to help me and I got my 2 night out packages for those 2 shows.

I would definately pick the email - voucher choice, that way you don't have to stress about receiving anything via regular mail.

Last edited:
Is is true that the voucher doesn't arrive until six days before the show? Should I expect any other communication from the company before then? (I guess I still can't believe I'm actually going. I keep thinking there must be a catch somewhere!)

Let's see:

For Vegas received voucher on 26/10 for show on 4/11
For Atlanta received voucher on 3/11 for show on 19/11
For Boston received voucher on 21/11 for show on 5/12
For Salt Lake City received voucher on 8/12 for show on 17/12
For Portland received voucher on 8/12 for show on 19/12

Once I made the purchase I never received anything else (until the voucher), but did see the charge on my CC within a couple of days of purchase.

U2Man:
[Off topic and Danish]
Nej, de har jo lukket :p
Har dog besluttet at troppe op alligevel, jeg skal møde den mand! Det bliver sikkert skidekoldt og sådant, men manden bruger vel den samme indgang som alle andre. Pjækker fra gymnasiet og sådan må det være. Det er en sjælden chance.
[/Off topic]
Ramblin Rose:
Thanks, that sums it up - unless Dulce comes with some great news I think it's my only choice - I've just never turned up so late in the GA line, and I told myself that I had to see them up front like the other shows, especially since it's my last one! Thanks for all the info.

Sean:
I was thinking of something - do you also want to get up front as I do? Maybe one of us could collect both our tickets and the other one could stand in line and save a few hours - it's really the hours between 10 and 12 that make the difference queue-wise in my experience.

Dulce:
Hang in there ;)

God Part III said:
U2Man:
Ramblin Rose:
Thanks, that sums it up - unless Dulce comes with some great news I think it's my only choice - I've just never turned up so late in the GA line, and I told myself that I had to see them up front like the other shows, especially since it's my last one! Thanks for all the info.

Sean:
I was thinking of something - do you also want to get up front as I do? Maybe one of us could collect both our tickets and the other one could stand in line and save a few hours - it's really the hours between 10 and 12 that make the difference queue-wise in my experience.

The strategy is definately to not lose your place. Just make sure the people around know that you have to pick up your ticket. I would definately get in line as early as possible and just go get your ticket and come back. Most times people understand.

Ramblin Rose: Thanks for your input. I think I've finally accepted that I really am going. I got a confirmation e-mail from the company too. YESSSSSS!!

God Part III: I think Ramblin Rose is right. We just tell the people around us that we have to go get our tickets and trust they'll hold the spot for us. We could also have one of us go get both tickets as well, but on my confirmation form it says that you have to present photo ID along with your voucher so I'm thinking maybe you have to be there in person. If anyone knows different just say so.

I do want to be up front for sure, so I will get in line early. How early do you recommend? (I fly into Tokyo the night before on the 3rd). Anyway, you shouldn't have any trouble spotting me. I'll probably be the only skinny black guy with a dready 'fro there. :)

Sean:
In Dublin, I was there at 7am. That gave me a nice spot in the "bomb shelter," a up front along the right catwalk - I took this photo.

adam_croke2.jpg

Actually, come think of it, my father took it for me - it's my hair in the picture, so imagine something even closer ;)

In Milan, I got there at 9am, which gave me the possibility of being in the bomb shelter but not totally up front, so I decided to go on the other side of the left catwalk, so I'd get a better view and I was more op close. If you interested in what that looks like, a Hungarian next to me took these videos (I was stupid enough not to bring a camera): http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/tour...ertigo Tour/2005-07-21 - Milan (Videos by KZ)

In Copenhagen, I was there at 5am, and I was second in line. I was the most up front you could possibly be. Right in front of the band.

Dunno what you prefer ;)
We can e-mail each other as the show approaches. My e-mail is puntervold@hotmail.com.
Cheers.

Dulce: Waiting patiently to hear the results :) Good night everyone...

Ok, technical difficulties....the line has been busy for the past day.

Seriously, hopefully some news soon.

In the meantime, I try to forget how frustrating it is by imagining Bono singing right in front of me. It`ll be worth this nonsense!

:combust: :drool: :sexywink:

:|

Ok, so she finally got through....:drool:

The information was correct; it was a lottery. Which at this point I suppose is good news; nothing sold out and it is just how I thought it was. So now I will be crossing my fingers from now until I find out the results on February 1....:crazy:

GP III

You met Bono? How did that come about?

So you are allowed to bring cameras? Any other suggestions on what I should or shouldn't bring?

Dulce: Best of luck with the lottery! Let us know how it turns out.

Meeting Bono was great. He was in Denmark to talk about debt and Africa - and I got to talk to him. As far as I've understood, Merc (another Interference member) and I were the only ones to talk to him :)
He was very impressed with my going to Japan. Now I have to be up-front!

Cameras are allowed, no matter what the ticket says. Bring tons of water, bring food, bring a sign saying "Out Of Control" or something. Bring a U2 t-shirt.
Bring an extra memory-card for your camera.
It's gonna be great.

Dulce: Good to know that there's hope still :)

Up front...:drool:

I wonder if I should ask my mom to mail me my sign. He HAS to recognize it if I bring it out even one more time...:hmm:

Or maybe I should make a new one, one like my signature....

Flight to Tokyo:

Ticket to show:

Dancing with Bono:

:hmm:

God Part III, that's very cool meeting Bono. I ran into The Edge and Paul McGuinness at the Rolling Stones concert here in L.A. on November 6th and told them that I was going to Brasil to see U2 and this was before the 2006 dates were even announced. They seemed surprised by what i was telling them.

You will have a great time at the show(s) in Japan. I'm glad it ended up being GA on the floor there, as I somehow did not expect that for Japan.

U2mofo69, how did you get the tickets? and already?

I am becoming more annoyed by the second. I told this girl about the website and today she just announces that she has the tickets in hand and is not sure how she did it; someone helped her. I told her she must be mistaken; I am now 100% positive it's a lottery and no one has tickets yet but she has them in her hand. So she went some other route that is not that website? Because that website is definitely the lottery. I don't know but she can't tell me either. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scream: :scream: :scream:

Dulce,

I'm curious to know what was your previous sign that "he's gotta notice" this time. I like the idea of using your signature.

GP III--Water, food, camera, sign--I hope they let you carry a backpack!

Curious as well to know how u2mofo69 managed to get tickets in hand. What source did you have that we didn't know about?

Roughly translated an e-mail from Ticket Pia.

- - - - -
Since we received a lot of claims which mentioned there were no ways
for those who lived abroad, except for U2.com's presale, to purchase
the ticket of Yokohama concert, we decided to arrange for them a new
opportunity of lottery presale(?) on the web.

*Date : starts 12:00 Feb. 1
ends 18:00 Feb. 8

(*** I think this is JST (GMT+9))

The URL is going to be www(dot)pia(dot)co(dot)jp(slash)U2-2e

(***I have posted only a few times and I can't put URL. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

The arrangement has just begun and the site has nothing.
Please make sure as the presale's time comes.

U2.com Japan Tour Ticket Office

Back
Top Bottom