MERGED --> JAPAN April 4 + purchasing tickets from abroad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
100,000? Wow, I didn`t think it was that big.

Yeah, I think it should be fairly easy getting tickets. A lot of people here don`t even know who they are....

-----knocks on wood

I'd rather see a high ticket demand though, ultimately leading to an extra show. I have booked a hotel for the 5th, just in case!

Hmm, good point. I would just prefer not have to hunt around for a GA though; it would be a first if I could just easily get one tonight....

Almost time! :hyper:

Hmm, are you going to try for more than one? I might, so then I could help people out if they need one or in case I meet someone who wants to go...

Purchasing Tickets for April 4 from Abroad

this will be my first U2 show ever--a dream of a lifetime coming true--. I've already got my flight booked, now all I need to do is get tickets.

I saw a website listed earlier in this thread which I'm going to check, but I was wondering if anyone knew what happens once the tickets are purchased. Will they be mailed to ume or do I have to "pick them up somewhere" somewhere once I'm in Japan.

I live on Saipan, a tiny tropical island about a three hour flight from Tokyo.

I won't be able to go online to purchase tickets until about 18 hours after they go onsale. I hope their are still tickets left!

Thanks!

Japan tickets

Thanks anyway. If you hear anything please let me know.

I'm going to have one of my students who is Japanese take a look at the pia website and see if she can figure anything out.

One step closer to knowing. . .

Whether I'm going to get those tickets or not.

http://ap0.pia.co.jp/pia/et/onsale/...mode=ON&ONS_COL_SHEET_NO=119064&P_CODE=220403

Everyone who's trying to get tickets: let's use this thread to post whether we're succesful or not. I will not try to get more than one, two reasons:

Getting 1 is a lot easier than 2.
I don't know anyone who might be going, and well... the only possible reason I could see for buying 2 is to trade one in for a possible second show, but that's often quite complicated. I dunno. I'm going to have to decide later today!

Best of luck all, but I'll talk to you later.

:der: :faint:

God why can`t it just be midnight yet. Still over three hours and I`m in on a Friday night with nothing to do...

Oh god. Dulce, can you help me?
Which one of these is GA?

アリーナ立見・10000
スタンド指定・10000

I think it's the first one but I'm not sure :help:

I just found out the most horrible thing ever. You need to be a member to buy a ticket online.

We are not members.

Sorry is *midnight* Saturday January 21st not tomorrow? Although it is unclear I would have guessed it meant tomorrow and not today. Surely it's coming up to midnight Friday 20th in Japan about now?

Ok, sorry about the delay....I fell asleep and my alarm didn`t go off so I didn`t wake up until 12:30.

So I can now definitively state that it is not just ticketbastard who sucks....Japan`s system sucks ass too. :angry: :angry:

After the website crashed a few times, we finally were successful accessing the website on my host mom`s phone. So I put in for the GA, and then we are soooooooo excited, get the confirmation email, etc. only to realize that I don`t have the tickets at all.

The whole damn thing is a LOTTERY for what tickets you want, then they will announce the results on 1 Feb. I think you may get some, all, or none of what you requested. Then you can try again on 18 Feb. if you are not successful in the lottery....

I am not even 100 percent sure that what I have stated is accurate since my host mom doesn`t really understand the technicalities and she does not speak English at all so we were having a rough time with it all. :der:

God pt. 3 the number we have is 0180-993-717 but no one is going to answer now since it is the middle of the night. Also, they will not be of much assistance since the whole thing is a lottery. And yes, you are right....the first line is standing tickets.

ETA: I forgot to add that you can become a member online. I am now a member. You just create an account with your information and your credit card info. But yeah, easier said than done when you don`t read Japanese. Like I said, even with my host mom, we struggled with the whole thing...

Last edited:
I am soooooooooooooooo frustrated!!!!!!!! :|

Just for ONCE I had really thought and prayed it would be easy and not an ordeal to get tickets!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

What was I thinking? Why would it EVER be easy? :der: :mad: :sad: :banghead:

AHH!! So that's why they kept saying something about the 18th of February!

OK. First off, a simple request. If, if, if, if you are able to get tickets, I'd love to buy one from you if I don't get one myself. I'm going to Japan for this sole reason, and I'd be devastated if I couldn't go. So, if you are successful and you still plan to buy two tickets, I'd love to buy one from you (and maybe do you company at the concert, I have noone to go with anyway :p)

Tonight, 1pm is 10am Japanese time, and I will call to see if it is possible. I sincerely hope that we are all able to get tickets, but I must say I've never encountered such a ridiculous system ever before. It's practically impossible for a foreigner to buy anything. Bugger.

Anyway. I'll do my very best in looking for tickets, maybe even on eBay, but if you do buy two tickets, I'd love to buy the one you won't be using. I'm a nice guy :), and I have done this thing twice last year (buying/trading/all that). If it sounds interesting, my e-mail is puntervold@hotmail.com.

I expect this to grow into a "post your daily frustration"-thread, so I'll keep you (and everyone else) posted with whatever I discover. Anyone else than Dulce reading this is also very welcome to post some sort of help figuring all this out.

Best of luck all, and good night ;)

Yup, I will be checking this thread often. I will see what I can do with tickets and hope to help you out if possible...:up:

The website just sent me an email in Chinese.

:|

WTF

I must be really naive. I had no idea getting tickets was so difficult. I was feeling horrible that I wasn't able to get online at midnight but now I don't feel so bad because I would have encountered the same difficulties you did.

BUT, I might be able to help. My Japanese student has her aunt in Japan checking on it for me. Basically what happened is she checked the website for me this afternoon (it's Saturday evening here, and I'm only an hour ahead of Tokyo time) and she found out as you did that you have to be a member of this site. She didn't mention anything about a lottery. So then she called her aunt in Japan and had her look into it and her aunt said that all the tickets sold out an hour after they went on sale. However, more will be available next week?!? I only spoke to my student briefly on the phone, and I was too crushed about not getting the tickets to really think straight. But now I'm going to try to get more detailed information (or get her to get her aunt to get more detailed informatin). I'm wondering who the aunt called in Japan. Is it some sort of ticket agency that only had a block of tickets and will release more next week? Did the 100,000 seats really sell out in one hour? And from what I've been reading on this thread, apparently, U2 hasn't done that well there? I can't really believe that. Anyway, I'll gladly share any information I get here on this thread.

To anyone else out there that might have information. Any suggestions on what else we might do next? I'm kinda unsure about some of these websites that claim to have tickets to sold-out shows. What about the one advertising on this website? Are there any other reputable websites anyone recommends? I've got my reservation (using frequent flyer miles so the flight won't cost me anything) until the 28th of Jan. when I have to make a decision and confirm the flight or lose the reservation. Would it would be worth it to fly to Japan anyway and try to get a ticket the day of the show?

Sorry, I know it's a lot of questions, but hopefully we can help each other.

All I need is one ticket. One ticket. ***sigh****

But I speak a little Japanese! Though I doubt I speak well enough to order a ticket... Well. Do you know how to get to the lottery? I never really figured :p

maycocksean said:
I must be really naive. I had no idea getting tickets was so difficult. I was feeling horrible that I wasn't able to get online at midnight but now I don't feel so bad because I would have encountered the same difficulties you did.

BUT, I might be able to help. My Japanese student has her aunt in Japan checking on it for me. Basically what happened is she checked the website for me this afternoon (it's Saturday evening here, and I'm only an hour ahead of Tokyo time) and she found out as you did that you have to be a member of this site. She didn't mention anything about a lottery. So then she called her aunt in Japan and had her look into it and her aunt said that all the tickets sold out an hour after they went on sale. However, more will be available next week?!? I only spoke to my student briefly on the phone, and I was too crushed about not getting the tickets to really think straight. But now I'm going to try to get more detailed information (or get her to get her aunt to get more detailed informatin). I'm wondering who the aunt called in Japan. Is it some sort of ticket agency that only had a block of tickets and will release more next week? Did the 100,000 seats really sell out in one hour? And from what I've been reading on this thread, apparently, U2 hasn't done that well there? I can't really believe that. Anyway, I'll gladly share any information I get here on this thread.

To anyone else out there that might have information. Any suggestions on what else we might do next? I'm kinda unsure about some of these websites that claim to have tickets to sold-out shows. What about the one advertising on this website? Are there any other reputable websites anyone recommends? I've got my reservation (using frequent flyer miles so the flight won't cost me anything) until the 28th of Jan. when I have to make a decision and confirm the flight or lose the reservation. Would it would be worth it to fly to Japan anyway and try to get a ticket the day of the show?

Sorry, I know it's a lot of questions, but hopefully we can help each other.

All I need is one ticket. One ticket. ***sigh****

OK. First of all, never give up. I went to 4 shows in Europe last year - I had tickets for Copenhagen and Dublin, but I bought a Milan ticket from eBay and I got a Gothenburg ticket through a fan ticket trading site. Book the flight. We can help each other. There are many ways to get a ticket, even though you may have to pay a bit more than 10.000 yen :p

My problem is that I cannot read any Japanese and I have noone around me to help me with it, and I've tried becoming a member twice - it doesn't work. It looks like the next batch of tickets is set for the first of February, 9:00am Japan time. I agree with you that it's quite odd if it sold out in that time - that's faster than two Dublin shows with a total of 164.000 tickets. There must be more.

I ask this of you however. If you any of you is able to buy a ticket, please buy an extra one - I've have tried several times but it doesn't work for me, also because I have no Japanese address or Kanji surname. If both of manages to get an extra ticket (and one of you has bought one too many) I'll pay for both - I promise that it won't cost you anything, I'll pay whatever it costs!

Anyway: don't give up, stick in there, and good luck!

God Part III

I just went to that ETS site and bought the package. I'm sorry I couldnt' get two, but I didnt' have enough credit on my credit card to get more than one at $249 each (As you can see I'm not exactly rolling in money here). Anyway, it was quite simple, I thought. Which kinda scares me. . .considering all the frustration people have been having. I'm thinking "it can't be that easy. I mean can it?" Let me know how it goes for you. I don't know where Dulce is but if this is on the up and up I hope she gets a ticket.

We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom