MERGED --> Is there even a point to trying for MSG tickets on monday? + Who thinks we

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

especialy with millions of non new yorkers from all over the world trying to steal our tickets :madspit:

Well, at least outsiders never staged a sit-down protest in an attempt to ruin one of your concerts...

Got in with a less than 1 minute wait that stayed that way for a bit, then got my old friend, the internal server error....

Got em! Got in right at 10am on TM. com and got 2 GA's for the 1st NJ show. Super-psyched!

By the way, the TM system seems to be moving smoothly this morning.

Also, MSG was sold out of all tix at around 9:04.

Man, I got so lucky today. 2 GA's for NJ 1 and 2 seats behind the stage for MSG. It just shows you it is all luck of the draw. I live in KC and I bought the tickets for a good friend of mine in Hartford, CT. He said he was going to Port Chester, NY to a TM outlet and he asked if I would help him out online this morning. I ended with section 67 for MSG which is literally right behind the stage so I think he will be happy with those. I honestly can't believe another MSG show isn't in the works...getting tickets for this first leg certainly is a tough one, even for fans in the cities they are playing!

Last edited:
wait time is a minute to two minutes followed by a screen saying they are sold out. how can you be sold out at 9:01?

am keeping my eye on a possible added date. how long did it take to add dates in other cities?

Got em! Got in right at 10am on TM. com and got 2 GA's for the 1st NJ show. Super-psyched!

By the way, the TM system seems to be moving relatively smoothly this morning.

Also, MSG was sold out of all tix at around 9:04.

No additional shows listed as of 9:10...

Keep trying...

The first time in I put 1 best available thinking it would get me the GA...it gave me bad 169.50 seats. THen i tried 1 at 49.50...nothing for about 2 times, but the third time I got it. A stroke of luck, but I've literally tried hundreds of times between presale and now, so the odds were with me I guess.

So on my way into work today I call ticketmaster at like 8:25AM. Prompt Says they are closed and their hours are 9AM-7PM or whatever. So I call back at 8:35AM and get through! I'm able to go through all of the prompts and select MSG, but it tells me there are no tickets available. Of course, they haven't been released yet!

So I come up with a great plan! I decide to mess around in the menu's for the next 25 minutes until tickets are released (instead of hanging up and calling back). So I futz around and 9:00 comes - I get no GA's! I try until like 9:05 - it takes roughly 30 seconds to enter the key combo for another search and there's no "wait time" for the search. I thought for sure I'd get GA's. After 5 minutes I decide to search for 1 best available and get nothing. I decide to search for GA's again and it tells me it's transfering me to an CS Rep.

It tells me "if you're holding for U2 Shows on sale today, press 2." So I do and all of a sudden it's telling me "You have selected 'Dear Leader' on March 5th at the Paradise Club." Their menus are now all fucked up.

I got 2 GA's for NJ during the presale. I thought I'd give it a try at MSG during the general sale for 1 ticket. Had 2 browser windows open - one trying for a GA, and the other a cheap seat (I can't really afford this lol) Got 1 ticket to nosebleeds in sec 422. Wasn't going to take, but saw was in row A so took it. I want to go to the MSG show, so at least I'm in the building. I might sell it (not scalp..for what I paid)..not sure.

ny isn't sold out because I just had 1 ticket come up in the loge.

I let it go though. What an ass! They won't post ticlkets out to uk and I got scared. :-(

Back
Top Bottom