MERGED --> I can't find accomodation in Cardiff for the 29th + Cardiff Accomodation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tink said:
Hey,

I had muchos trouble finding accomodation in Cardiff as well, but I got lucky with Cardiff Uni - they let student rooms out for visitors (about £20 self catering) and it's a straighforward walk to the Stadium from there.

Here's the link - http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/schoolsanddivisions/divisions/resid/conf/p1761/index.html

I hope it helps whoever is still looking!
tink, i owe you a beer. thank you so much for sharing this link. i booked 2 rooms through them. great price, friendly people. :bow: you are the best!!!!

ruffian said:

tink, i owe you a beer. thank you so much for sharing this link. i booked 2 rooms through them. great price, friendly people. :bow: you are the best!!!!

I'm glad I could help! They're lovely people, aren't they? I'll see you around Halls on the 29th, I guess, haha.

tink said:

I'm glad I could help! They're lovely people, aren't they? I'll see you around Halls on the 29th, I guess, haha.
yes, they've been wonderful. honest, can't thank you enough!

Do you think there still might be space left in the university accomodation? Am thinking about going over and taking in the Cardiff show and Live8 (assuming I can snag a ticket for at least Cardiff this week :wink: ). Have a friend in London working on getting me into both. :)

I don't see why not - it's worth a try. Even if they're only using a couple of Halls for public accomodation, that's a couple of hundred rooms available at least :)

Give them a call. Hope you find something!

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

That's better

Jeez I went through hell [as I'm sure the rest of you did] to get the tickets for Cardiff in the pre-sale fiasco...

... and now I can't get any accomodation :-(

Has anyone got any advice???

If there is anything in Barry, is there public transport back there after the concert??

Uni halls of residence totally booked out...

what am i to do???

help*sob*help

3d - I posted some suggestions over in this thread a while back: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113269&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I don't know whether or not those places still have any spare rooms, though. It might be worth trying the Future Inns place that I mention in my last post there. It's fairly new, so I'm not sure that too many people even know it's there.

Have you tried hotels/B&Bs in Penarth? It's a small town that's about 5 miles from Cardiff (i.e. a bit closer than Barry). The last train from Cardiff Central to Penarth is currently the 23.11, but that might change a bit when the new summer timetable comes out (it might even get later). A taxi from Cardiff to Penarth should be roughly £12-15. Try these:

Alandale Guest House - 029 2070 9226
Hickman Lodge B&B - 029 2070 1044
Manor House - 029 2070 9309

The first two of these are very near to the railway station in Penarth. The last one is a bit of a walk.

Failing that, trains run back to Barry until fairly late (11-something, I think). Not sure about buses. You could also try Newport, which is about 15 miles from Cardiff. Trains should run to there until fairly late. There's a place called the Kings Hotel that's right next to Newport railway station. I don't know what it's like (it looks fine from the outside), but it's the most convenient place I can think of if you end up having to stay in Newport.

Good luck!

If you want to camp, put lavernockpoint between a www and a .com
(I have never been there though...) It says they charge just 5. a night.
Their add is also "coded" with
NICE 2 C U
NICE 2 C U2
so U figure they are expecting concert goers and such.

Has there been any announcement about times to pick up tix at the box office for Cardiff (since ticketbastard totally fucked us over)?

Just so everyone knows...

Due to engineering work being undertaken by Network Rail, there will be changes to services operated by Arriva Trains Wales between Cardiff Central and Bridgend from 26 to 30 June 2005.

On these dates after 2214, Network Rail’s engineers will undertake essential track renewal work between Cardiff Central and Bridgend.

Arriva Trains Wales train services will be diverted by an alternative route and will be unable to call at Pontyclun and Pencoed. A replacement bus service will operate between Cardiff Central, Pontyclun, Pencoed and Bridgend.

Full details can be obtained by calling National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50.

What a bunch of horseshit! This just makes the whole thing a real pain in the ass. I hate busses!

Anyone live in Cardiff?

Hi
Need some travel info.
Plan on being in Cardiff by about 8. Any tips on all day car parks (til about 11pm at night I guess)

The park and ride scheme is out for us as it only opens at about 11am or something.

We need somewhere which is close to the motorway access roads by doesnt clash with where all the fans will be going (so perhaps a short walk away from the stadium?)

And also I hear some roads will be clsoed in Cardiff - any ideas which ones etc?

Regarding the university accomodation and accomodation in general. I have a train thats leaving Cardiff central at 4am on thursday morning. I was planning to find somewhere to get some food, drink whatever to waste some time after the concert before the train.

Is this anywhere nearby that'll be open for this time?

Plus, is cardiff central open all night? if not, what time does it open as my train is due to depart at around half 4.

Thanks in advance :)

I'd also appreciate any travel hints. We should be arriving around 6pm, so I'm guessing the park and ride is the best way to get to the Mill. Coming up via Briztol.

Also, does anyone know if there's a curfew?

Thanks all.

Last edited:
soemone posted what roads it would be - do you have a link to that? i cant find it - dont wanna aprk somewhere only to find the road blocked off when i come out - hopefulyl it will all be open by 11 again?

- Parking instructions -
Car parking is available on King Edward VII Drive and Museum Avenue via Corbett Road, as well as on North Road. Please car share to reduce congestion around the area.

Back
Top Bottom