MERGED--> Hawaii rumor discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lila64 said:
but I don't know what you look like :sexywink:
orly_selleck.JPG

Halup said:

I agree with you on the 9th being the absolute earliest. Yokohama, Japan is now rumored for April 4-5 and unless they add another city in Japan, the band would have 8 days off between Japan and Honolulu with the current rumored date of April 14th. That's an awful long time to have off when you have only 1-2 shows remaining on a tour.

I would either expect at least 1-2 more shows in Japan to fill that gap or the date for Honolulu to be a little earlier, unless the band and crew and just going to have a nice vacation in Hawaii leading up to the show(s) there..

14 April is around easter, isn't it??
I bet the band will rent some posh resort and have their families flown in for the tour finale and a well deserved holiday....

I think they'll do another 2 shows in Japan (there are a LOT of people there), maybe the 8th and 9th. It'll take a couple days to reassemble in Hawaii, which would make the 12th or 13th an early target. the 14th seems entirely reasonable. Anyone think they would do more than one show in Hawaii?

I heard April 9th recently...and I tend to think it's true.

Last edited:
ruffian said:
I heard April 9th recently...and I tend to think it's true.

Ahh, crap...how high up was the person who gave that date? Maybe I should change the award ticket I have on hold...problem is I can get one April 11-19 or April 4-12 but I can't get one that's inclusive of April 9-14 to cover all my bases. They never make it easy, do they? :wink:

Last edited:
where'd the 4/9 date come from? :hmm: If anyone has solid info, you know where to find me (and/or PM me!!!) :sexywink: I have to book for 3, not 1 :grumpy:

U2Girl1978 said:
Tax money, many credit cards, a raise, saving loads of money will go to this trip if this is true. YAY to being broke!!! :hyper:

its not worth it going into debt & being broke, you're better off saving for the future...pay those bills off:eyebrow:

I heard the date from a U2 crew member who was remembering, off the top of his head, the date--and he said April 9th. I said, "are you sure it isn't the 14th?" and he "no, no, I'm pretty sure it's the 9th." He didn't say, "this is top secret so don't tell anyone" or anything of that nature, so I feel ok about sharing this.

I wouldn't book non-refundable tickets until U2 announces it and it's in writing, however.

ruffian said:
I heard the date from a U2 crew member who was remembering, off the top of his head, the date--and he said April 9th. I said, "are you sure it isn't the 14th?" and he "no, no, I'm pretty sure it's the 9th." He didn't say, "this is top secret so don't tell anyone" or anything of that nature, so I feel ok about sharing this.

I wouldn't book non-refundable tickets until U2 announces it and it's in writing, however.

I find this date more realistic than the 14th date. I believe U2 is travelling with 2 stages, so that would mean that the stage that Honolulu would get would probably be the one used in Sydney on March 31-April 1, which should be enough time to get it to Honolulu.

U2's last 2 visits to Japan each only included 2 shows. In 1993, it was 2 shows in Tokyo and in 1998 it was a show in Tokyo and a show in Osaka, though Tokyo apparently was set for a second show, but demand did not merit adding it.

I believe it was Arthur Fogel who had said this leg was to be 19 shows. Currently 12 have been officially announced. When you add in the additional rumored shows (1 more in Buenos Aires, 2 in Sao Paulo, 1 in Santiago, 2 in Yokohama and 1 in Honolulu), you get to that 19 number. That leads me to believe that only 2 shows were ever planned for Japan. Of course it may expand beyond 19 shows if Honolulu gets a second show or Rio De Janeiro is added.

nurse chrissi said:

come on Edge would be hot :combust:

and I'm betting Adam would be showing some skin :wink:

Can I share a room with anyone who is going!!!? I will buy all the fruity drinks with the lil umberella:hyper:

I gotta go to this show!!!
*starts praying*

well, I have to wrap lots of presents (haven't started); got to decorate the Xmas tree we got today; need to have some dinner soon, take a shower, pay some bills. Oh wait, is that not the kind of news you meant? :shifty:

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom