MERGED--> Hawaii rumor discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a piece of advise from someone that went to Dublin... if I were you, I'd get a hotel reservation made (the cancellable type of course) BEFORE the announcement... At least for the first hotel... If Dublin is any indication, prices are going to go through the freaking roof as soon as the news are out. I was sooooo happy to have had my hotel booked based on the rumors as prices got ridiculous :yikes:

I can only stay the 7th to 11th...that is all the ole arse of a boss will allow:madspit: WOW!! What a wonderful pic of the Boys in the water:drool:
*runs to buy new swimsuit*

Carek1230 said:
If people are in nice groups, look into timeshares if anyone has access to them, or condos.....cheaper than hotel. Just a bit of friendly advice.

That's the plan... that is the plan...

We're just waiting to hear back... Still booking a hotel just in case though... not sure if my friend with the timeshare can even make it...

:sad: <--- (not about the timeshare, just that she might not make it)

The only thing I'm concerned with is the flight prices. Other than that, I am so there!

I'd be interested in sharing a hotel room and u2forlife can you put me on your list? Thanks! :hug:

So far the prices are very expensive...Delta seems to have the best prices verses United. I am wondering how we will all meet up (perhaps LAX?) I am also on the list to share a room with u2forlife. I am sure you are welcomed^too :hug:

This is goin to be great:hyper:

Carmelu2fan said:
So far the prices are very expensive...Delta seems to have the best prices verses United. I am wondering how we will all meet up (perhaps LAX?) I am also on the list to share a room with u2forlife. I am sure you are welcomed^too :hug:

This is goin to be great:hyper:

I think we may need another room. The list is going.....................

skjuls said:

I think we may need another room. The list is going.....................

:giggle: I think so too skjuls!!! I do not know how many people it is so far. I would be willing to book another if that is ok with u2forlife, I will check with her first.

tryan101 said:
so is everyone pretty convinced it'll be apr 8 and/or apr 9? enough so to change reservations?

That I do not know, but I trust that my fellow Interfencers are correct. Although it does seem really close to the Japan and Sydney dates. So I hope all the info I got is correct. confused:

I am about to book a hotel for the 6th-10th... paid and everything... it is cancellable for a $25.00 but I really want to get this done before the announcement

:remembersdublin:

:crack:

:crazy:

Last edited:
I'm booking tomorrow :yikes:

I figure that I can always cx if I decide on something else
anyone heard good things about the Outrigger on the beach?

Carek1230 said:
I cannot wait to get my income taxes done! :happy:

LOL...yeah, you and me both, of course I've already looked at the forms for this year and figured out what my refund is gonna be. :wink:

kellyahern said:

It seems like the most reasonably priced "nice" hotel in Waikiki and Frommer's liked it.

I still want to wait to book until I know a date :reject:.

that is probably where I'm going to stay (at least today :reject: )
but I still think I'm going to try and start out at least 2 nights on the north shore just to have the resort type of holiday

I spend waaay too much time thinking about this

and oh maybe see a u2 show or 2 :wink:

The outrigger looked nice from what I saw Chrissi :D

I sooooooo wanted a beach hotel, but I gave up on that for the first few days.... but since I am going for quite a few days, I can always go to a much nicer resort type place later...

So for now, my suitcases will be staying at the OHANA Maile Sky Court Hotel from the 6-10th

I'll probably be sleeping in a tent anyway the 7th and 8th... :crack:

I will probably get out of Oahu after the shows... haven't looked that far into it :lol:

:scratch: :hmm: is right! Hawaii, eh? Perhaps they spent the New Year surveying Hawaii.....and it is my sincere hope they will be doing more than just one show there!

I'd really like to jump the bandwagon and make some reservations and would if they weren't expecting a deposit like in Vegas....but just isn't doable till the tax refund arrives for me. My Ex is messing with alimony right now and it's really changed EVERYTHING for me financially. It won't however, keep me from Hawaii!!! :wink:

Depends on the hotel... to get THE best rates, you generally have to pay upfront (by using travelocity, expedia, etc.)

You can book just with a credit card (and generally nothing gets charged until you arrive) through the hotels directly, but the rates are generally not as good.

And interesting about Edge's whereabouts :hmm:

nurse chrissi said:
I'm booking tomorrow :yikes:

I figure that I can always cx if I decide on something else
anyone heard good things about the Outrigger on the beach?

the outrigger is great - thats where we're staying. there's the outrigger reef and the outrigger waikiki right next to each other. the outrigger waikiki is a little nicer, more restaurants, etc, but both are nice and in a prime beachFRONT location. most of the other hotels are across the street - not a big deal, but its nice to go right from the pool to the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom