MERGED ----> Exclusive: U2 Tour To Kick Off March 1, BILLBOARD + WooHoo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And questioning Mcguinesses business sense is the stoopidist thing I eva heared!!

I thought this forum was a place to speak your mind about U2. Why is it that we Americans who love U2 as much as the Europeans, Canadians, South Americans etc. are considered whiners instead of just talking to other U2 fans about going to see U2. It is amazing to me the attitude towards us. Yeah I will be the first to admit that there are a few inconsiderate A**hole Americans out there who may complain and whine, but PLEASE dont lump us all in that catagory. Just like the rest of all U2 fans I personally have been waiting for what seems like forever to see them in concert. I would love to be able to attend a concert like the one they did in Ireland for Slaine Castle. To be in a crowd of people like that would be amazing. Unfortunately where I live they dont do venues like that. That is my problem to deal with.

I agree they should def play shows in eastern europe 100% However, when you really think about it, its U2's choice. They will play where they want to play. I am surely with bonos worldliness he knows of the untapped markets.

Hey all, first time poster here.

I really really hope I am able to get some tickets to a show here in the North East. I have fallen in love with their music over the past few years, and it is my goal to see them in their next tour!

jammin909:
If u2 will not play in central or Eastern Europe now I think that u2 don't want to play here, reason is simple.... how many times here played Rolling Stones since 1990?? in Czech republic 4 times!! U2 only once on Popmart tour... and there was more than 80 000 fans and Bono said during the show: Why we never play here!??
(btw. I was on Pink Floyd show in 1994 Strahov stadium and there was 120000 people..) everywhere you look for another Popmart show there are a lot of smaller attendences... so you can see - more important is u2's managemet where they want to play.... and I still haven't found a reason why U2 don't play often in Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, CZ, Bulgaria or Baltic states etc. ....
here is a lot of fans.
btw. this year played in Prague: Peter Gabriel, McCartney, Bowie, Mettalica, RUSH... next year here will be Rod Stewart, REM 23.1.2005 and than they are going to play shows in Baltic countries ...

I'm sticking to my theory. Which is that U2 and Paul McGuiness have formed their opinion of where to play in the 80's. They still play most where in their early years they got the best reception. In Europe they got good reception in the UK and the Netherlands so they more shows per head.. Whereas France and Germany were a bit weak back then so they get less shows per head. Case in point, Elevation, France, 2 shows, Germany, 4 shows. Netherlands 3 and the UK 10.

And back in the 80's playing Europe was fine but if you really wanted to make money you had to tour the US a lot.

Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it.

alibee said:

source?????

It's a fact, most US musicians/bands are most popular in charts worldwide. Non-US artists have a very hard time breaking into US market, while US artists have no problem entering Europe and other markets.

As for "whining": I don't see how with 2 legs each tour, Americans feel they have too little U2 shows. I don't see how people in many countries around the world who don't see U2 on every tour (or even never saw the band in over 20 years of their tours) are whining.
I don't know why so many territories get skipped over and over again.

AdamsPoptart said:
I wonder where in Northern California they are going to play at? San Jose or Oakland...:scratch:

looks like San Jose. I went to both the San Jose and Oakland shows last time around but only did the all day GA wait for Oakland, which seemed to go very smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom