MERGED-->Chicago + Chicago 3 & 4 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your wait time is approximately 15 minutes ...

14 minutes ...

14 minutes ...

10 minutes ...

8 minutes ...

5 minutes ...

3 minutes ... OH MY GOD!!!

1 minute ... GETTING CLOSER!!

8 minutes ... WHA???

15 minutes ... WHORE!!!

No idea why I thought it might be better this time (especially since it's open to everyone.

mother fu**er i walked away at 10:20 when i figured they weren't adding an f***ing show and now it's sold it...

this is fucking retarded...i've been waiting at least seven minutes now with a "less than one minute" wait time.

10 seconds after anoouncment of Chiago 4. no GA!!!

Was on the phone for ticketmaster and got thru exactly 10 seconds after 12 May appeared on website. No Gas tickets?

Please don't insult my intelligence and tell me that they all went within 10 seconds!!!!

somehting smells in Chitown!!!

OK, so I was on hold on the phone for 30 minutes. During that time I believe the May 10 and May 12 shows were added?

Anyway, when I finally got thru to a live human being, the Chicago4 (May 12) show had literally just been announced. He didn't even know about it.

Here is what the "best available" was:

Sec. 317, 9th row - $165

Bullshit! I told him thank you very much, but no thanks and hung up.

I got a phone representative within a minute of the May 12 show being announced and that's "best available"? Get outta here.

Last edited:
RobertWiscy said:
Oh, and he specifically told me no GA tix were available for May 12. This within a minute of the show being announced.

That's BS. I just got GA tickets about 10 miutes ago.

Its very possible. You gotta remember you're competing with maybe a million plus people, on the phones, in person and on the net.

The demand is what makes it possible. Its just insanity.

Should I waste my time calling back hoping for another rep?

BTW, the TM website appears to have fried out. May 12 was added maybe 10-15 mins ago at the most and it says it can't find ANY tix for MAY 12! The message adds that "another show was added for May 10"! ROTFLMAO

Of course when you go there (May 10) and look for any tix it says none are available and says May 12 has just been added. Talk about a revolving door . . .

Sometimes I wish U2 wasn't so damn popular... at least I have two nosebleed tickets. Hopefully the presale for the 3rd leg won't be shitty and we won't even have to worry about the general sale.

bonosleftone said:
Its very possible. You gotta remember you're competing with maybe a million plus people, on the phones, in person and on the net.

The demand is what makes it possible. Its just insanity.

Sorry, but I just plain disagree with this. Within moments after May 12 being announced relatively few people (certainly not a million!) would even be aware of it right away.

The TM agent I spoke to wasn't even aware of it!

So that explanation isn't valid.

Last edited:
Here's what I got:

Thursday May 12, 2005 7:30 pm

Seat location: section 109, row 11, seats 7-6
Total Charge: $358.09

I would love to trade these for GA - heck I'd do an even trade for GA and be out $200+ bucks! But I doubt that will happen - if anyone is interested let me know....

Edit - I think I will also offer these up for regular sale, if anyone is just dying to be in the building - I don't really wanna drive that far if I can't be on the floor.......see email in my sig.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom