MERGED --> Charlotte!! + Charlotte (ticketmaster is working!!) + Charlotte U2 Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2hype

The Fly
Charlotte!!!!!

U2//Vertigo//2005 Tour
The Next Adventure, Cellar Door Concerts and the New Charlotte Arena are pleased to announce a Charlotte appearance for U2//Vertigo//2005 at the New Charlotte Arena on December 12, 2005.

U2’s eleventh studio album, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb on Island Records/Interscope Records, was released November 22 and quickly became No. 1 in 25 countries. U2 has sold 130 million albums since releasing their first in 1980.

U2//Vertigo//2005 tour will visit 13 North American cities (and perform 28 sold out shows), before heading to Europe this summer where they will perform and additional 32 sold-out events in stadiums and arenas. read more

YEAH!

Alright!!!!

Charlotte! Now I have to put $$$ into my account really quick so I can go! This is the one I was waiting for!!!!!!!!!!

SWEET!

I wish I hadn't used all my Prop codes. Dang. Oh well.

I'm so happy!

Dang. I've also already used my codes... and the show is on a Monday night. :| Might have to do some late night/early morning driving for this one... But Yay! another show within driving distance!!!:dancing:

OH MY :censored: GOD!!! :shocked: :hyper:

There are no words to describe - I couldn't even SQUEAL how happy this makes me. I won't sleep a wink tonight... and I'll be a nervous wreck by Saturday morning!

Charlotte?!?!? I am SO there!!! :rockon: Who's with me? :dancing: :applaud:

Mr. BAW said:
I saw this thread and mentioned ur name to BAW not more than 45 seconds before you posted!! good luck!
:flirt: Little 'ole me??? :cute: This is what I've been dreaming/praying/begging for!!! I'll be a nutcase by the end of the week!! :crazy:

Send me lots of good ticket vibes, OK?? :heart:

Ha! I've already checked the exam schedule for fall and I'm free that Monday and Tuesday!! :dancing:

that means the gen. sale will probably be this saturday.

damn, ill be out of town, and this show will sell out so fast!!

nc!

I know...I hope I can get a GA ticket on Saturday. I used my Prop codes for the two DC shows...

I guess we shall see! I figure at this point most everyone has used their Prop/u2.com codes...but I could be wrong.

LOL. After we get MSG tickets in desperation, U2 pulls this surprise. Hehe.

Wish I had a presale code now :(

Last edited:
Hey, guys, help me out here -- the article in the Charlotte paper this morning said tickets will not be sold through Ticketmaster, yet it is on ticketmaster.com. Is it just our illustrious hometown paper's usual ace reporting, or what? Also, for those of us in Charlotte, which way is the best way of trying for tickets -- through ticketbastard, newcharlottearena.com, Blumenthal Box Office or in person at Blumenthal? What would you advise?

I REALLY want to take my 14 year old son to this because it would be his first rock concert and he should start with the best (so that every other concert he goes to in his life will suck in comparison!). :wink:

There's already a presale for tickets on TM, so tickets are definitely being sold there. LOL at local media.

When I lived in Raleigh I thought the "Raleigh Noise and Disturber" was bad -- I didn't know what bad was (in a lot of ways, in fact) til I moved to Charlotte town. :rolleyes:

Aldamon, are you eligible for presale? If not, are you using Ticketmaster.com or what?

I don't have a presale code so I'm going to try my luck in the general sale. I'm nervous though. I struck out during the Charlottle general sale in 2001. We saw 4 Elevation shows and Charlotte was the only time we bought tickets on Ebay. Like I said, we have MSG tickets for 10/8, so I'm not going to be picky about the seats. We just want to be in the building.

When they came through in Elevation, I was 7 months pregnant, so I didn't try to go.

I've got tickets to Boston on May 28th, but the seats are just so-so. (Hey, it's my first U2 concert and I, too, am just glad to be in the building).

I sure want to make it in here in Charlotte, though. Well, good luck to all of us!

Hmmm, this is interesting:

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/arena_info_u2.html

"Tickets for the December 12 appearance go on sale Saturday, April 23, 2005 at 10 a.m. Tickets will be available online at www.newcharlottearena.com or by calling 1-800-495-2295. Tickets also can be purchased in person at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center Ticket Outlet. Ticket prices are $160 reserved, $95 reserved, and $49.50 (general admission floor and reserved) plus applicable service fees. There is an eight ticket limit per person with a maximum of two general admission floor tickets per person."

The pic on that page is the same one on TM though. Weird. Isn't it a brand new arena? Maybe they haven't signed on with TM yet?

Last edited:
Yeah, that's why I've got the concern about ticket sales and which way to turn. I don't want to spend all my time on Ticketbastard if there is a better chance to get them through the Bobcats site or through callling the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center Box Office.

wow! I'm so happy to see this addition--5 hour drive for me which will the be the shortest drive for me this tour! Good luck on Saturday, or before then if any of you have code left....

Back
Top Bottom