MERGED --> Charlotte!! + Charlotte (ticketmaster is working!!) + Charlotte U2 Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey! I just landed tickets for Charlotte this morning. I have premium club seats for the Bobcats and b/c of this we get first priority to other events in the new arena. I called the fan relations department this morning, gave them my account info, and in 5 minutes I got Golden Circle tix (section 106, row G, right beside Edge!) I'm going to Boston 5/28 (GA) and Atlanta as well, but there is nothing like seeing U2 in your hometown! :dancing:

aldamon said:
Hmmm, this is interesting:
www.newcharlottearena.com or by calling 1-800-495-2295. Tickets also can be purchased in person at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center Ticket Outlet.

The pic on that page is the same one on TM though. Weird. Isn't it a brand new arena? Maybe they haven't signed on with TM yet?

Just so everyone knows. For the Oakland show, TM only handled the presale, with the general sale going to tickets.com, because the arena doesn't use TM. The general sale for the NC show might be the same type of deal.

Last edited:
As for where to buy tix, I'm not taking any chances! I'll be online with the Arena & Ticketbastard Saturday morning, Mr. Blu will be on our house phone with them & I'll be on my cell phone with the box office!!
PLUS, my best friend's husband will be in line at a Ticketbastard outlet in Raleigh to try & buy them in person!! :applaud: :hyper:

This plan CAN'T fail me... it just can't...I REFUSE TO BE DEFEATED AGAIN. :no: Looking forward to actually meeting some of you guys in person!!!!! :D

Last edited:
Ody said:

Just so everyone knows. For the Oakland show, TM only handled the presale, with the general sale going to tickets.com, because the arena doesn't use TM. The general sale for the NC show might be the same type of deal.

Wouldn't it be nice if U2.com would have some of this information posted before Saturday? :crazy:

Thanks for that info, Ody. It makes sense re: Charlotte now.

I think we'll probably have my husband in person at the Blumenthal Box office, my son on the phone and me on the internet. Maybe it'll work.

U2 Carolina, good deal for you Bobcats bigwigs.
:wink: Hope all you guys leave us some seats! :wave:

I just got 2 GA's !!! I'm a Propaganda member and had never used my code for the 2nd leg. I have GA's for 5/14 Philly too, but at least this will only be a 90 mile drive as opposed to hundreds of miles. I got the tickets on ticketmaster, so they are defnintely doing the pre-sale; don't know about the general sale. Good luck everyone!

Ticketmaster will be doing the general sale as well, I called and asked.

Guys, I am so new to all this stuff, never bought tickets to a concert and I desperately want to see U2 in Charlotte. Can someone PLEASE give me some advice? Am I better off calling or ordering online with dial-up? There are no TM locations in my area of NC. Should I get seats or GA?? I have so much to learn. :huh:

Most people like GA better because you have the chance to get real close to the stage; they are also cheaper. If you get seats you don't have to worry about getting there early to line up for good floor spots, but again, they cost a lot more. I personally like ordering online because I can never seem to get through on the phone. I don't know if it'll work as well in your case since you have dial-up. If you have a cell phone, try doing both at the same time.

dandman said:
what's the seating capacity at the new arena?

Thanks,
Dan

The arena's website has these numbers listed:
NBA/WNBA Basketball: 18,500
College Basketball: 20,200
Hockey: 14,100
End Stage Concert: 16,700

These tickets don't officially on sale until Sat., but they're already on Ebay. Man, are times so hard you gotta scalp to get by??? Sheesh, why don't try selling something more profitable like crack?:madspit:

dandman said:
These tickets don't officially on sale until Sat., but they're already on Ebay. Man, are times so hard you gotta scalp to get by??? Sheesh, why don't try selling something more profitable like crack?:madspit:

it's illegal

popmuzik99 said:
Most people like GA better because you have the chance to get real close to the stage; they are also cheaper. If you get seats you don't have to worry about getting there early to line up for good floor spots, but again, they cost a lot more. I personally like ordering online because I can never seem to get through on the phone. I don't know if it'll work as well in your case since you have dial-up. If you have a cell phone, try doing both at the same time.

Thank you Pop!

I'm glad people have been able to get tickets in the presale; i'm hoping that there aren't that many unused codes left out there and there will still be GAs available in the general sale. Good lucky, everyone. After the sale we should plan a meet-up before the show.

nc meet-up!

Yeah!

That would rock to have a meet-up before the show! I can only afford one ticket to Charlotte so I'll be heading there alone and I need to be with "my people" or...ha ha...other die-hard fans like me.

My fiance, who isn't a big U2 fan, offered to take me and I was like...no way...I don't want you bitching about my love of U2 the whole time. :)

And I know that I most likely won't be getting GA tickets since I already used my codes...so it will be much more affordable to get one GA ticket as opposed to two...since I'll probably be at the mercy of sellers on ebay.

Yay! I'm so happy they're coming to NC! Good luck everyone! See you there!

-Christine

meltdown

Man...

Whoever controls the website for the new arena in Charlotte is going to freak out on Saturday morning when the tickets go on sale? I wonder if it will crash.

-Christine

Kilikina778, you're right about the website probably crashing. When I ordered my tickets through the Bobcats this morning, their phones were ringing off the hook. Sounded like NASA command in the background!
I cant tell ya'll how jacked I am about U2 opening the new charlotte arena! Every time I go to the Bobcats game I see that huge photo of Bono at the entrance to the Crown Club that was taken during their visit on the Elevation tour and I think to myself "Man, it would be sweet for U2 to play the new arena!" I bet my wife has heard that 1000 times. Damn, now its true. I always thought it would probably be some rap show (Nelly is part owner of the team). Damn, December is a long time!

Charlotte (ticketmaster is working!!!)

YAY!!! Just bought 2 presale GA floor spots for the Dec 12 Charlotte show for $49/each, via Ticketmaster; there were still presale tickets avail in all sections, now 5 hours after they went on sale... I was shocked and delighted!!!:) Much better than the first time around, going to Boston May 28, but only via a rediculous upcharge via eBay.

CHARLOTTE SHOW

Dude pllease get in contact with me on AIM. My IM name is BigPoppaAyers. I am trying to come across the preale password to order tickets. Me and my friend missed the Atlanta show BOTH times because of inability to get tickets. Please help me out.

AyersWCU said:
i'll admit i don't. i'm totally new to this. i'm trying everything i can to help my friend out. don't be a dick dude

Yes, please everyone, be nice to one another.

To better explain, presale codes are personal to each U2.com member and can only be used twice for former Propaganda members and once for all other U2.com members. Unless you are a paid U2.com members, you cannot take part in any of the presales. Good luck with the regular on sale.

Looks like tickets will not be onsale via TM for the general sale.

Article from the Charlotte Observer - http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/

Who's selling U2 concert tickets?

Citizen Watchdog is on the case

THE ISSUE

Ticketmaster is not handling ticket sales to the general public for the Dec. 12 concert by rock superstars U2 at the new uptown Charlotte arena. What gives?

WE INVESTIGATE

The Charlotte Bobcats organization is handling ticket sales for all events at the new arena, which is scheduled to open in time for the start of the pro basketball season in the fall. Other area venues including the Charlotte Coliseum and Cricket Arena sell tickets through Ticketmaster, the nation's largest ticketing company.

The Bobcats were allowed to pursue their own ticket-selling arrangements as part of the agreement to run the new publicly funded arena, said Chris Weiller, the organization's executive vice president for marketing and communications.

The Bobcats are working with Paciolan, a California company that provides ticket services and software to dozens of colleges, theaters and pro teams. Paciolan's clients include UNC Chapel Hill, N.C. State University, Duke University and the North Carolina Blumenthal Performing Arts Center.

U2 tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday. Fans can get tickets on the Web at www.newcharlottearena.com, over the phone at (800) 495-2295 or at the Blumenthal box office at Tryon and Fifth streets. Tickets cost $49.50-$160.

(A limited number of tickets went on sale this week to members of U2's fan club who paid a $40 annual fee. Those tickets were sold through a pre-existing deal with Ticketmaster.)

The Bobcats will charge an added fee on each ticket. "We have the same back-end costs as Ticketmaster," Weiller said. But he promised the fees, which differ depending on ticket price and how they are purchased, should be less than Ticketmaster.

The Bobcats' online fee to buy U2's mid-priced tickets at $95 (yes, that's mid-priced) is $8.

Ticketmaster is charging an $8.25 online fee on the same ticket for the Seattle show, $9.05 in St. Louis and $12.25 in Denver. Ticketmaster is adding a $9.45 fee on $63.25 tickets to see Alan Jackson next month at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Charlotte.

Ticketmaster also sometimes charges an additional processing fee, such as $4.35 for Alan Jackson in Charlotte and $3.50 for U2 in St. Louis. The Bobcats aren't charging a second additional fee.

The Bobcats are using Blumenthal because the new arena box office is not open, Weiller said. The organization plans on selling tickets to future arena events at other undisclosed locations around Charlotte. -- ANDREW SHAIN

-- HAVE A PROBLEM? CALL (704) 358-5151 OR E-MAIL WATCHDOG@CHARLOTTEOBSERVER.COM Krt photo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom