MERGED --> Anyone going to the Oakland shows (a few questions)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not Chechnya but it's definately not safe at night. My friend and I were abandoned after a U2 concert there many years ago, and we had to beg the taxi driver to come pick us up. He wasn't going to do it till my friend asked how he would feel if something happened to us.

OffAxis said:
The walk isn't that bad man. We all talk about Oakland like it's the most unsafe place in the world, but it's not Chechnya. Even if the ramp thing is closed walk on the sidewalks. It's not that bad around the arena.

Yeah, I wouldn't even worry about it if I a) wasn't going by myself and b) was planning on arriving later in the day.

Ok I get off work at 6pm and I am heading over to the arean. how long does it take for bart to reach the colusium. Also what time is the last train from the colusium to SF/Milbrae?

I hope you Oakland 8th's come back and let us know the scoop for us Oakland 9th's!

I'm heading over there late afternoon/early evening. I have GA's too but can't line up today (but I'm all ready for tomorrow night's show where I'll be lining up early).

tomtom said:
How early is early?

Not sure yet but I got a hotel room nearby so I dont' have to drive back to the city and then back in the morning. Maybe yesterday would not have been such a bad idea...but then I would have missed the chance to meet Bono at my office a couple of hours ago! I'm off work today but got a call from my coworker who told me Bono had been sighted in our lobby. I made it there 5 min before he walked out to his car. Of course, having never met him, I had to stop him and ask for an autograph and a picture (which he kindly helped me with--thank god i have witnesses cause it's all a bit fuzzy). My coworkers are the best! :heart:

I'm back home now and will probably head out to the show around 5p...I feel so :shocked:

I am currently sitting in my office in San Francisco anxiously awaiting when I can leave to go the show tonight in Oakland and have to ask what office building in San Francisco is Bono at this afternoon???

I seriously cannot believe you guys would line up the night BEFORE the concert. And I thought I was obsessed.

I'll be lining up sometime around 8-9 AM Wednesday morning, the tall Indian guy with short hair with a smaller Indian guy (my brother), if anyone wants to say hi or pass the time.

Sicy, if you're driving, take 101 to 92 going East. Then from there take 880 North to Oakland Collusiem.

Deamentia said:
Sicy, if you're driving, take 101 to 92 going East. Then from there take 880 North to Oakland Collusiem.

Get off at Hegenberger (first Arena exit), easier access back southbound than 66th ave.

bbison said:

There's a Jack-In-The-Box at 532 Hegenberger, just south of the Coliseum parking lot. As far as walkable eats, that's about it.

I was wrong, there's BK, Taco Bell, Denny's, a couple of mini-marts as well. All on Hegenbererger, visible from the GA line (or from the South gate steps)

Have fun tonight everybody! Wish I could do a double in OAK...

Anyone have info about how the GA line went?? Did they hand out numbers or wristbands or anything?

The Concert Was Awesome Last Night!!! Everyone was singing and dancing to the songs. This was also my first U2 Concert and I definitly want to go to more concerts in the future.:wink:

Sicy said:
Anyone have info about how the GA line went?? Did they hand out numbers or wristbands or anything?

According to what Allidreamsoutloud wrote elsewhere on this forum, it was " a complete fiasco".

Back
Top Bottom