MERGED --> ALL Manchester discussion MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ALPE

Babyface
Other Support in Manchester

I know Snow Patrol are supporting on the 14th, but on my ticket it says 'doors 3pm' so i assume theres more support, does anyone know anything about this or who it will be.
thanks

Manchester (June 14th)

Who attending? and what time? gates open at 3pm does that mean support starts straight away or is it to accomadate this two line system for the bomb shelter?

i shall be there, booked into the britannia hotel, heard there will be 2 support acts? dont think its been comfirmed yet, but other european dates have already comfirmed 2 supports,

cant bloody wait

sweet, i think i'll get there fairly early too, hope there is two supports so we're not hanging around all afternoon listening to whatever dribble they play over the pa.

Will be there with my friend. She lives in manchester so luckily i don't have to pay for a hotel or anything. see you all in line. :)

I'll be there about 10 am i can't wait.I hope there are 2 support bands maybe a local band like Doves or the Buzzcocks would be good alongside Snowpatroll who are really good live.

setting off from Leeds at about 9, staying (afterwards) at the 'Diamond Lodge' hotel, just around the corner I'm hoping. First offer here to hold someone's place in the line whilst they pop over the road to Asda if they'll do the same with me!?

Hey RA-D we are staying at the same place!
We are leaving Hull at around 8!!

We'll look after your spot if you do the same for us so that we can see the band arrive??

You there for both concerts?

I'm travelling up from London on 13th, staying at Britannia Hotel. Not sure what time I'm gonna start q-ing yet...but will be happy to look after line spots if any you happen to be near me in line :)

Bono's Tart said:
Hey RA-D we are staying at the same place!
We are leaving Hull at around 8!!

We'll look after your spot if you do the same for us so that we can see the band arrive??

You there for both concerts?

regrettably, no - although I do have 2 extra tickets to the first night. If anyone would swap them (for Man 2 or Cardiff), maybe, but I'm resigned to losing them for face value now (hope I can get that, I'll only offer when I have them in hand, damned TicketBastard).

Hey all

Myself and my sister are travelling up on the 13th June and have GA for the 14th :) cannot wait!!!!!!!!

We can't wait to get talking to people in the GA queue - this is our first U2 gig and we are sooooo excited. We are hoping to wait and meet the band as they arrive.

Lisa

RA-D said:
setting off from Leeds at about 9, staying (afterwards) at the 'Diamond Lodge' hotel, just around the corner I'm hoping. First offer here to hold someone's place in the line whilst they pop over the road to Asda if they'll do the same with me!?

Its not exactly round the corner, but it is one of the nearest hotels to the City of Manchester stadium.

Have tickets been sent out for UK dates yet? My parents haven't received theirs yet - should they be buzzing ticket bastard by now?

Anyone going to the June 15th gig? Yikes my first U2 gig! Excitment.

We're poor so booked into the hatters hostel (something like that!!....involves hats). Realised its a 8-bed room and we've booked 4 of them. If we end sharing with you, I apologise for the lack of any sleep you will recieve. It's a tradition to stay up till at least 4 yacking away. :)

That is all.

SoCalMusicLover said:
I'll be there for the show on the 15th, and am also staying at Hatters. I got my own room, since I'm going solo anyways.

Wow see you there! :)

Im going on the 15th! I cant wait! it will be my first U2 concert! my mate is doing 14&15th!
im booked into the prem lodge...or travel inn near victoria i never remember wot its called since they merged!

wot time u getting there on 15th? im gunna be up sooo early! wont be able to sleep!

I just managed to get a GA ticket for the 14th this morning on Ticketmaster, no troubles at all :)

Unfortunately I won't be able to get to the stadium until about 2:30 but hopefully I'll still be able to get a reasonable spot!

my first U2 concert - I'm so excited!!!
I'm staying in 'Hatters' as well, cheapskate student :wink:

Rich

Im there 14th, made no plans as such but have family in Altrincham so i will be leaving car there yipee, my 3rd U2 gig, and im taking 5 U2 virgins, how cool will this gig be, (already warming up) went to see ZU2 last night. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom