MERGED --> ALL Manchester discussion MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somebody mentioned the view up in the gods, ive been up there before and i had no problem with the view, everywhere in the stadium has a good view apart from maybe under the pitch lol.

Heres the set times for the bands
Tue June 14 City of Manchester Stad

Doors 4:00PM
Bravery- 5:30 PM
Snow Patrol - 6:30 PM - 7:15 PM
U2- 8:00 PM - 10:30 PM

Wed June 15 Manchester
Idlewild - 5:30 PM-6:00 PM
Athlete - 6:30 PM - 7:15 PM
U2- 8:00 PM - 10:30 PM

I thought doors were at 3pm?

Has anyone got walking directions from Piccadilly station to the Stadium? Aiming to be at the station around 1 to grab some lunch then head over.

There are supposed to be signposts from Piccadily station. I`m staying in a hotel near there so i hope it is!

Still not sure what time to get there - from webcam shots of Germany they let people in at about 3pm and the ellipse was packed and the rails full. Looks like it could be an early breakfast in the hotel then get there for mid morning.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I've been to the stadium today

There were some geeky looking people stalking the place out looking like they are gonna be in line sooner rather than later. Funnily enough, they all seemed to be loners!!

I have also been to the ASDA opposite, where I spoke to the manager. He warned me not to park there. Also that the powers that be inside the stadum will make us throw our drinks into a skip if we try to take them in. I don't know if he meant alcoholic drinks, but as I am 9 months pregnant, I'm assuming he meant all drinks. Apparently they want you to buy the drinks that are sold in the ground.

The roads around will be closed for over an hour afterwards

Hello all! Thought I'd join the excitment.

Hope y'll listening to Radio 1...U2 are on any second.

The boys must be in England now...or on their way. I live under one of the main flight paths from Europe.....*daydreams*

Yes listening to radio 1, still trying to pack bag! Leaving for Manch at 1430, should be there by 6pm, depending on trains. Off to Cyprus on wed so really struggling with what to wear & pack - its cold and wet in Manch and 31 & sunny in Cyprus - might as well pack the kitchen sink as usual!

Really excited now - been wake since 4am!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

FINALLY U2 are on. Been waiting since 10am!

Didn't get to sleep until 2am as I was too excited. Feel like those kids in that stupid DisneyLand advert.

Going to the 15th gig. Leaving tomorrow at 8am *yawn* and spending hte day getting pissed in HardRockCafe. :)

Oooo six story high screen.

:dancing:

Studying pictures of the stage setup trying to pick my spot - if I`m lucky enough to get to a rail. Prob head for a b stage. Main stage seems very high - don`t want to get a crick in my neck!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Heres a question,

stand back a bit to get the awe of the screen images, but not far enough away that you cant see them. say 20 50m away possibly about b stage distance

or get as close as you can possibily get to ACTUALLY see them hit every note/Rimshot etc

Roll on Tomorrow......

Last edited:
As I live in Manchester - I just wanted to warn you all that today it is very very cold and wet. So wrap up everyone and try and get a good night's sleep tonight - I have been up since 4.45am as I was too excited to sleep!!!!!!

Same here up in Carlisle, im coming down in the morning, and tomorrows forcast doesnt look much better, all the more reason to buy an official hoodie

sarahlou said:
I've been to the stadium today

There were some geeky looking people stalking the place out looking like they are gonna be in line sooner rather than later. Funnily enough, they all seemed to be loners!!

I have also been to the ASDA opposite, where I spoke to the manager. He warned me not to park there. Also that the powers that be inside the stadum will make us throw our drinks into a skip if we try to take them in. I don't know if he meant alcoholic drinks, but as I am 9 months pregnant, I'm assuming he meant all drinks. Apparently they want you to buy the drinks that are sold in the ground.

The roads around will be closed for over an hour afterwards

take some capri orange drinks, those types are ok.....you can't smuggle alcohol in them!!

1 sleep!! :dancing:

going to wed gig so excited about it but not looking forward to parking by the sounds of things.
wife has dropped out now doesnt fancy standing that long so she will just go to cardiff with me as that is sitting.
so ill be jonny loner as no one i know likes u2 or willing to take day off work , even tried to get my son to go but he would rather go to work ,doh.
anyway here is to a great show.

faux2005 said:
going to wed gig so excited about it but not looking forward to parking by the sounds of things.
wife has dropped out now doesnt fancy standing that long so she will just go to cardiff with me as that is sitting.
so ill be jonny loner as no one i know likes u2 or willing to take day off work , even tried to get my son to go but he would rather go to work ,doh.
anyway here is to a great show.
rather go to work!!!! What's his job? Manager of U2:drool:

:hyper: :hyper: oh my god my friends picking me up at 08.30 so we should be in Manchester by about 09.30,i think i'll struggle to sleep tonight so a few beers might help- :wink:

my first U2 gig can't wait (15th June), I can't get there until something like 19:00 so may miss athlete but ah well. I think U2 are due on at 20:00.

does anyone know if section 202 tier 2 seating is any good?

thanks

I'm on my own for this one too, the rest of my family is in the stands. Really looking forward to it. Do you think Zoo Station will become a staple the stadium tour?

The day has dawned........

i have been waiting for this since Aug 2001 at the MEN Arena. Prior to that Roundhey Park and Birmingham NEC.
I have never been as nervous before a show as this one. I am going with four friends who are first timers , will I let them down , will the band let me down ?
Please dont guys , the weather may be crap but please be on the button tonight.
Will they do Gloria and Electric CO ? That would complete my hunger for seeing them live. I can rest in peace if they do

Also cant wait for Snow PAtrol

Let the show begin.........

(well in about 12 hours)

Love and Peace yo you all

Off to Manchester in half an hour.

To everyone who is going over the next 2 days - ENJOY YOURSELVES (and stay dry !).

It's TODAY! :bono: :edge: :larry: :adam: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm well hyped up watching the Boston DVD and will be leaving soon. Everyone who is going have a great time and I will see you tonight!!! :D

leaving dublin in the am for second show.
weather is gonna be worse tomorrow but i dont care. if the crowd and buzz is right and the band on fire, it makes no difference. have a few beers in the line. sweet.

hope they take it easy tonite, play the normal setlist then knock out control, bad tomorrow!
enjoy all. have a feelin its gonna be good. saw u2 in uk before and must say the crowd in the north is much better!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom