MERGED-->Additional NY/NJ Shows? + MSG bs!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dafish1234

The Fly
No additional dates...

is hard to believe. I though they might put one for the Friday before the MSG show.

There should be. It's incomprehensible that none have gone up.

How can they NOT do an extra date? Come back after Boston. Look at what they're doing for Philly!

This is strange and unbelieveable.

It's unbelievable... why not add a damn additional show at MSG?

The miracle answer will be: we will be offering all the seats for MSG's Friday show to U2.com members...

And I keep on daydreaming...

Maybe that ticketmaster person will call us today. But that wont happen, so yes the daydreaming continues.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
MSG is unbooked for the friday before the current U2 gig... only the sunday following is booked with a WNBA game

That's what I thought. And as much as it pains me to say it, the Knicks aren't gonna be in the playoffs or finals, which is where bball season would be at the time.

U2 will play the garden for a full week come october..i guess they figured one night in the spring would just be a quick tease...

I don't think Friday, May 20th is an option because that would mean 3 shows in 3 nights. I don't see them doing that at all on this tour because of (1) Edge's need to potentially travel to and from Ireland and (2) Bono's voice.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the thursday and friday between the jersey shows and the msg show are both open at both arenas

Which would mean 3 consecutive nights...don't see that happening on this tour.

Well the announced dates at MSG this fall that are FACT- Are Oct 7, 8, 10, and 11. The very strong rumor is that the amount of shows at MSG in October could nearly double.

There would not be an NBA game on Friday 5/20....that's playoff/NBA finals time. As much as it pains me to say it, the Knicks aren't gonna be there, so that seems like a logical date for MSG. And they could always do a non-consecutive date like they did with Philly. I'll be very shocked if there are no more NYC dates considering the demand.

I don't see why they don't just come back to NYC after Boston, kind of like what they're doing with Philly.

jonathan26 said:
Well the announced dates at MSG this fall that are FACT- Are Oct 7, 8, 10, and 11. The very strong rumor is that the amount of shows at MSG in October could nearly double.

Where did you get that information?

i hope its true their coming to NYC for a week in the fall...

go Knicks!!

Seriously, if there is no extra dates, it must be for good reasons, i.e. it's just not possible logistically, venues not available, etc. They will be back in the fall for more, don't forget the tour plans had to be changed at the last minute.

Plus, Continental Airlines is just on the other side of the river, so that's really 3 shows for this area.

Back
Top Bottom