Line-up chair advice please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bella05

The Fly
It goes without saying that I plan to line-up when I go and see U2 this weekend in Melbourne....only two days to go!

I really want to take a fold-up chair, mainly to preserve my back and legs for as long as I can as it's going to be a very long day. Have the majority of line-ups so far been OK with the presence of chairs? I assume that as the crowd swells by mid afternoon, that the chairs would need to go - has it been easy to leave the line, return items to the car and return to your spot?

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated! :D

We found the security policies during the queue-up at Telstra Stadium to be fairly easygoing. Our crew had random bulky items like mattresses, deck chairs, a game of Risk (!), food, eskys etc and were allowed to keep them with us up until around 3pm when (as pre-warned) we were asked to move them to our cars.

So, in summary I'd say definitely take the chairs, but most importantly *take shade*. I can not stress this highly enough. It gets to be a long time out there in the sun..

(although being melbourne you'll probably want umbrellas instead I guess <g>)

Bella05 said:
It goes without saying that I plan to line-up when I go and see U2 this weekend in Melbourne....only two days to go!

I really want to take a fold-up chair, mainly to preserve my back and legs for as long as I can as it's going to be a very long day. Have the majority of line-ups so far been OK with the presence of chairs? I assume that as the crowd swells by mid afternoon, that the chairs would need to go - has it been easy to leave the line, return items to the car and return to your spot?

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated! :D

at both shows i have been to so far (bris and adelaide) fold up chairs have been fine, but you basically have two options up ur sleave in regards to what you do with them:

A. take them back to you're car, while leaving someone in line to mind you're spot and making sure you make this little trip around 12/1/2 in the afternoon, the earlier the better

or

B. leave it there and hope that it will still be there afterwards, which is highgly unlikely. i know lots of people who just left their folding chairs behind and didnt care what happend to them or merely expected them to be taken

so yer, bring them by all means but be careful if you want to keep them ;)

Back
Top Bottom