Is it likely that Croke tix will be released too?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

THATgirl

Babyface
Just wondering, is it likely that ticketmaster.ie will be releasing tickets for Croke Park closer to the concert date? I would really like to go to and am considering buying a ticket through ETS for 1 of the 2 shows. I am hoping/dreaming that maybe ticketmaster.ie will release tickets later...what do you guys think?

Hey there,

Yes, I wll be at both SD shows next week! Reserved for SD1 and GA for SD2...how about you? Which shows are you going to catch in Europe? For now, I only have tix for Twickenham 1 and would love to go to Dublin for either 1 or both shows....no luck on tix yet, but not giving up.

I'm have GA for Anaheim #1 next week. In Europe, right now I have 2 Reserved for Manchester, and 2 Reserved for each Dublin show. I also have a pair of GA for Cardiff, but I'm going to sell those, and go to Twickenham instead, since it works better for my itinerary. So now I'm looking for a GA to Saturday night at Twickenham.

If possible you would be better off going to Cardiff rather than Twickenham. The Millenium Stadium in Cardiff is an amazing stadium. It's a 6 year old stadium with a sliding roof which will hopefully be shut - it has been in the past for sunny summer concerts.

75,000 indoors is not to be missed.

Last edited:
Well, I'm trying to combine U2 shows with seeing Western Europe, and my itinerary works much better without Cardiff unfortunately. I wish I had used my presale code to purchase Twickenham, because it's closer to where I'll be. Cardiff just seems like it's out there on the other coast, and it's just not convenient for me.

Your right, Cardiff is not an easy place to get to. I am flying down from Edinburgh to Cardiff even though it is only about 350 miles as the road/train trip would be a nightmare.

Anyway, have fun - see you at Twickenham.

Going back to the original topic of this post, I recently emailed Ticketmaster Ireland with some questions: will there be a 3rd Dublin show? / will any further tickets be released for the existing two shows? Amazingly, I received a reply that day, and this was it:

"There are no plans for a third U2 date - any news to the contrary is simply media gossip; and no further tickets are available for release for either of the current shows as the entire allocation for both has been sold."

This was the 'official' word on 24th March, and I've heard nothing since that suggests that anything is likely to change. Anybody who missed out on Dublin tickets through official channels (like myself) needs to locate alternative sources, unfortunately. Through the generosity of someone on another fansite, I'll be there on 24th June. Hopefully eBay prices etc will come down closer to the time, but at the moment anyway, that doesn't seem to be happening.

FYI: (from various Irish News Websites)

U2 to play third gig at Dublin's Croke Park on June 27th

A further 80,000 U2 fans will get to see the band in Dublin this summer following confirmation that they are to play a third gig at Croke Park.
The gig will take place on Monday, June 27th, and tickets are due to go on sale in the coming weeks.

The 160,000 tickets for the other two gigs on June 24th and 25th sold out in less than an hour, leaving thousands of fans disappointed.

I'm glad that there's going to be a third Dublin show. It's good to see how thoroughly wrong the email was that Ticketmaster sent me some time ago. I've placed that as information on a couple of U2 sites, and felt the need today to followup on my own posts!

At least now more people will have a chance to see U2 on home ground this summer - but, here's a few cynical questions:

1) Will there be a presale? What about U2.com codes?!
2) How many of those 80,000 or so tickets will Ticketmaster actually put on general sale, or will a significant amount of them fall into the hands of scalpers / corporate hospitality etc?

Good luck to everyone who still wants to get tickets. Hopefully the shows will be worth the effort so many of us have made to see the band.

Back
Top Bottom