huge favor of those going to the boston shows in may

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LoveTown

Refugee
can somebody PLEAAAAAAASE go to loges 19 and 16 and snap some pics of the stage? And can you count how many rows are in the sections? lol.

I have seats in those sections in december and I am dying to find out what my view will be like.

If you dont have a camera a description would also be very much appreciated!

btw, I think I am in row 19 or something.

Thanks!

if you go to the fleet center's website you can actually type in where you are sitting and a view of the stage (computer generated) will come up. at least it'll give you an idea...

heh yeah it gives an idea but...it's not like what it will actually look like at the U2 show....

thanks for giving the tip though :)

Hey Love town you are in the building in the Lower Bowl be thankful if you want to stand up and sweat more join others down on the floor ,
that's where my Wife and I will be dancing the nite away!

i think people are taking me wrong...

I am thankful, of course i am. I am just curious...

anyway..

the problem is that it's hard to get into any section other than your own at the fleet. every show i've been to, the security peopel are sticklers for checking tickets.

I dont think they are as strict before the show. The last time I was there I saw people wandering all over. Or heck, even a quick snapshot AFTER the show would be great. I know they wont be checking tix after.

I'll be in section 20 on 5/24 and 15 on 5/28( and 12/4), but I'm not sure if I'm bringing a camera.
Any way, I've sat in 15 and 20 several times before (including U2 Boston 4, 2001) since they are normally the second price level for a lot of shows, and the view is normally as good as 14 or 21. I specifically sought out these sections when it became apparent that GA were not available for shows.
The sections start with row 11, because the seating doesn't extend all the way to floor level obviously cause the stage is there. So row 19 is the 8th row in the section, though its at the same height as row 19 in any other loge section.
15 and 20 are basically direct side stage, so 16 and 19 are a side/rear angle. Your view will be fine for U2's stage. In my opinion those are far superior seats to opposite end loges, sections 4-9. I suppose you might not see everyting on the light curtains perfectly, but you'll be a lot closer to theh band.

Last edited:
Lovetown,

I'm in Loge 5 on the 24th and then Loge 18 on the 5/26. I'll let you know how it all works out! I'll bring my camera and see what I can get.

Not going the 28th, but GA for everything on the third leg! Should be nice and warm in line IN DECEMBER. But, psyched nonetheless.

lmao I got a day ahead of myself.

yes...today is the 24th...I woke up thinking it was the 25...i really need a vacation

Last night was amazing! My favourite points:

1. Adam smiling back at me several times when he looked down and saw my huge grin.
2. Larry dropping his pack on his way to the ellipse and sprinting over to the tip to play his teeny keyboard thing.
3. During Mysterious Ways when Bono smiled at us, singing 'uoah-uoah'-ish sounds (more of what you'd hear at a hip-hop concert)

Anyhoo, when I was looking up at the loges by the stage from the ellipse, I was just commenting about how the FleetCentre is a LOT smaller than it seems. Even if you have rows decently far back, Bono's on the ellipse so much that you'll certainly have him close by many times. I didn't notice them playing much to the back of the stage last night though unfortunately.

In any case, Adam's a star. I'm officially standing in front of him forever.

Oh, and the curtains weren't down for many songs... maybe 3 or 4? The only time when it might be really difficult to see from the back is when they put down the curtains for the Human Rights interlude. But that doesn't last for long at all, so...

Lovetown,

Behind the stage was UNBELIEVABLE. We were in 18 and just a few rows back from the stage. I was in Loge 5 on Tuesday, which was directly across from the stage, and Loge 18 was a thousand times better. Curtains aren't a problem, they look pretty cool and don't get in the way. I would HIGHLY recommend those seats over any others. We were closer than everyone in GA except for the ellipse crowd. I have some movies and pics on my camera, but you'll have to give me a little while to dig them off of it (busy week coming up). Let me know your email address and I'll fire them off to you when I get them done! WHAT. A. SHOW.

Back
Top Bottom