How to get Tokyo tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Guys! I purchased one ticket for every show with my credit card and it has already been charged, however, I'd like to buy an extra ticket for one of the shows using the same credit card, do you think they would cancel my order? I read in the PIa web page that I could buy a maximum of 2 tickets per order but you know, I wouldn't like to have a 'surprise' when picking up my tickets in Saitama :huh: . (I have sent emails to them but, as usual, no response yet... ):(

Hi Fer Castillo
my friend has done the same thing: he bought 2 tickets for 1st 2 concerts, then 1 extra for each.they were very nice, eMailed the next day to say that they were 2 orders, would we like the 3 tickets together. I thought it was 4 per order, but any problems let me know taz0101@u2.com

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I had tickets to the original April 4 show through the now-defunct ETS organization. However another company took over their bookings and so apparently I still have a ticket, now scheduled for the 29th.

I'm pretty excited as this will be my first U2 show.

Just a question. . .maybe it's been already addressed and I missed it. So is it worthwhile to get there early in the morning and stand in line all day or we just going to be assigned a place so it doesn't matter when we get into line. Some of you were talking about a number on the ticket? What time would you recommend arriving at the venue?

Also, in regards to the questions about the hotels. A "regular" hotel shouldn't have a curfew but a hostel might. That's not uncommon. . .I remember I barely made curfew at hostel I was staying at while touring in Germany some years back. If you're looking at a Lonely Planet guidebook you're more likely looking at budget accomodations where a curfew might be in effect (since LP's target market is the backpacker set).

I think I'll be staying with a friend of a friend, but in case that doesnt' work out, does anyone have any recommendations on super-cheap lodging?

maycocksean said:

Just a question. . .maybe it's been already addressed and I missed it. So is it worthwhile to get there early in the morning and stand in line all day or we just going to be assigned a place so it doesn't matter when we get into line. Some of you were talking about a number on the ticket? What time would you recommend arriving at the venue?

Yes, it's been addressed above! You will enter according to your reference no. Doors open at 6pm I believe, so if you get there by 5pm you should be ok. Best thing to do is to find out where you are in line now (email PIA for this info) so you can plan accordingly. I will be at the 29th show as well (Block A GA) ref 1042-5 so hope to see you there!

sanjaysakhrani said:

Yes, it's been addressed above! You will enter according to your reference no. Doors open at 6pm I believe, so if you get there by 5pm you should be ok. Best thing to do is to find out where you are in line now (email PIA for this info) so you can plan accordingly. I will be at the 29th show as well (Block A GA) ref 1042-5 so hope to see you there!

But I didn't purchase my ticket through PIA. Will that make a difference?

I read the the earlier posts about the ticketing numbers, and the impression I got was that within your "block", it was first come first serve. So if you want to be first in line in your "block" what time would you recommend arriving?

Thanks again. Definitely hope to meet up with some Interferencers there!

maycocksean said:

But I didn't purchase my ticket through PIA. Will that make a difference?

I read the the earlier posts about the ticketing numbers, and the impression I got was that within your "block", it was first come first serve. So if you want to be first in line in your "block" what time would you recommend arriving?

Perhaps contact ETS for your reference no. info?

I was told that it is first come first served within your 'group'. Ie. reference nos. 1-100 will be group 1, 101-200 group 2 etc... so at worst you are 99 places from the front of your group if you do not arrive early. For me, 99 places is not worth waiting all day for particularly since I am only in Tokyo for 2 nights.

sanjaysakhrani said:

For me, 99 places is not worth waiting all day for particularly since I am only in Tokyo for 2 nights.

Me too. Where you flying in from? I'm coming from Saipan which is actually not very far--just about 3.5 hour flight. I'd like to get in as much siteseeing as I can while I'm there so if it won't be to my advantage to stand in line, I won't.

Thanks a lot for the information taz0101!! I'll do the transaction and wait for any news from PIA. There's no doubt that for screaming and helping each other u2 fans are the greatest! :wink:

I just received this email from PIA:

"Dear Nicholas,

Concert information for U2 Japan Tour General Ticket purchaser.

[U2 Japan Tour]
29th(Wed), 30th (Thu) November& 4th(Mon) December
Venue: Saitama Super Arena (Saitama)

Please refer to the URL below for details on ticket issuance and venu map.

Ticket issuance: http://www.pia.co.jp/U2-2e/willcall.html

Best regards,

U2 Japan Tour Ticket Office
Email: u2-e@pia.co.jp"

When you click on that link, you get this info:

"Detailed Information on "Will Call ticket window"

Tickets will be issued at Saitama Super Arena.
Please come to the Will Call ticket window at the stadium.

* Please refer to the location of the “Will Call ticket window” below.
* The window may be crowded and you are requested to visit it well in advance.

Ticket purchasers will be asked to show the credit card used to purchase the ticket(s), and a government issued Photo ID. Only the purchaser will be eligible to receive the tickets. Please do not forget to bring your credit card and government photo ID when you come to pick up up your tickets.

[note]
- Tickets purchased cannot be changed or cancelled. Tickets are non-refundable.
- It is strictly prohibited to apply for and to purchase tickets for resell or transfer. All resold tickets will be deemed invalid and admission to the shows with such tickets will be rejected. The Organiser and Ticket Centre of the shows are not liable for any problems with regard to the purchase of resold tickets.

[Will Call ticket window]
Located at the Gate A
<Operating hours>
29-Nov(Wed) from 15:00 until the show starts
30-Nov(Thu) from 15:00 until the show starts
4-Dec(Mon) from 15:00 until the show starts"

Will Call opens at 3pm, that doesn't sound very convenient.

Will Call opens at 3pm, that doesn't sound very convenient. [/B]

LOL. When the heck has ticket Pia ever made this convenient? I'm happy to have heard from them too, but wish we could scoot that time up a bit...like to the day before. LOL.

Hopefully they will release the information about how, when, and where to line up for the GA folks so we can better coordinate picking up the tickets. Maybe the line and pick-up location will be close to one another.

I think we'll be hanging on the edge until the day of....

:yikes:

fragrant said:

Yes, that's true. Got me all concerned now as to what time to get to the arena to line up to pick up the tix. If there is only 1-2 ticket outlets, then we're screwed - will be a long wait. Damn, will have to get there much earlier now. If I didn't already have enough things to think about ... line up position, transportation, weather...then again, it might be quite organised. Just that if it opened in the morning it would be much easier for us later arrivals.

fragrant said:

Hopefully they will release the information about how, when, and where to line up for the GA folks so we can better coordinate picking up the tickets. Maybe the line and pick-up location will be close to one another.

:yikes:

Pick up and start of queue can't be that far apart can they?

Do all international ticket buyers need to report at 3pm to pick up their tickets at the one, single location? Doesn't sound like the model of efficiency...

bratty_cat said:

Do all international ticket buyers need to report at 3pm to pick up their tickets at the one, single location? Doesn't sound like the model of efficiency...

Then again, I did remember that the pick up for tix is only for international buyers - the Japanese buyers (probably 70% at least) already have tix in hand so it might not be TOO long a wait after all.

sanjaysakhrani said:
Then again, I did remember that the pick up for tix is only for international buyers - the Japanese buyers (probably 70% at least) already have tix in hand so it might not be TOO long a wait after all.

Sanjay, I think you're right.

We had to pick up Will Call tickets in Monterrey and Mexico City, and there weren't any huge lines of foreigners or locals waiting to do the same, even though Estadio Tecnologico held 45,000 fans and Estadio Azteca held 75,000.

I really don't think there will be that many Will Call tickets needing to be picked up. Most Japanese fans will have their tickets already in hand, having bought them at their local PIA outlet or via the net. How many gaijin will be flying all the way to Japan for these shows? Maybe a couple hundred, I reckon.

If there were indeed thousands of sets of Will Call tickets needing recovery, PIA would certainly open the windows far earlier than 3pm, I would assume. The last thing they want is a bunch of angry, impatient tourists yelling at them to hurry up.

I'm just hoping that we can pick up our tickets for all three shows on the first day, rather than having to line up again on the 30th and 4th.

Just as long we can step out of the queue to get to the Will Call. I'll be stepping out anyway to pass out the ONE/Hottokenai cranes to everyone. We'll have about 2000 by then.

I'm assuming that Japanese fans don't wait until the stadium security starts the line up by ref. numbers to line up on their own, meaning that there will be a GA line already before 3 PM. I'm also assuming that the official line up time is after 3 PM.

Truly the 11/29 GA ticket holders are the test run about everything.

Well, the latest e-mail from the folks at TNA says they're mailing me my ticket. . .I only hope it gets here before I leave for Tokyo.

Any suggestions on where to stay? I'm looking for somewhere really cheap, like $50 or less per night. . .

I was hoping to stay with relatives of one of my students but it looks like that may not pan out.

For those thinking about renting a mobile phone while in Japan, here is the best deal I found:

http://www.g-call.com/e/rental/dom/ryokin.php

263 Yen per day rental fee

1050 Yen one-time "handling charge"

60 Yen/minute for calls within Japan

70 Yen/minute for calls to USA
90 Yen/minute for calls to most everywhere else

All incoming calls are free

Pick up/drop off phone at Narita International

It says that you don't need a reservation if you're picking up a phone at the airport, but it also says that they might not have enough phones if you arrive late, so you may want to fill out the application with your credit card number so you don't have to worry about it.

I'll post my mobile phone number here once I get into town, in case anyone needs to get in touch.

Last edited:
Thanks 4u2 play!

By the way, I´m flying over to Tokyo next friday, so I hope to see all of you there, we´ll finally find out what´s the deal with the queue in Saitama. :huh:

Fer Castillo said:
Hi maycocksean!

I'm staying at a hostel in Tokyo, a friend of mine stayed there a couple months ago and he says it's really nice (clean , comfortable and very friendly people). It is even less than $50, take a look at their web page: http://www.khaosan-tokyo.com/

Fer Castillo, how close is this hostel to the arena? And do they have a curfew?

I'm tempted by 4u2play's deal because of it's proximity to the venue and the lack of curfew, but I'm really tempted by the prices at your recommendation. It'd be nice to save a few bucks!

So is anybody going to the Nov. 29 show?

maycocksean said:

So is anybody going to the Nov. 29 show?

I'm there. Leaving here on 28th. Going to get to the arena probably around 4pm to scope out the situation re: tickets and lining up.

Hope to see you there. We are in Block A GA.

I have an extra Dec. 4th GA Block A ticket that I would like to trade for a similar ticket on Nov. 28th. Anybody interested?

I bought the ticket on eBay, so I have to pick it up in Tokyo. The seller said the GA line number is "below 1100".

Please email me at:

U2kidz@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Nick

Here's a bit of a problem.

My ticket is being mailed and I have a feeling it's not going to get here before I fly to Japan.

I've tried to reach Live Nation, the company I bought the ticket through, but due to the time difference and the Thanksgiving holidays in the mainland I haven't been able to reach them during their business hours and probably won't be able to reach them until a few hours before my flight is scheduled to depart on Tues.

I'm supposed to meet an agent from the company at the Saitam arena because they have some pre-event gathering and I'm supposed to get a wrist band that will get me inside the barricade, so I'm hoping they'll have mercy on me.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

Cancel the alert. I got an e-mail from Chris Brubaker. I'll pick up my ticket in Japan! Sanjaysakhrani I'll see you there. I'll be the skinny black guy with the black hat and the dreads. I'm pretty sure I'll stand out. I'm supposed be getting some sort of wristband that will get me in front of the barricade. . .I'm not sure what that means in relationship to where you will be. But keep an eye out for me.

maycocksean said:
Cancel the alert. I got an e-mail from Chris Brubaker. I'll pick up my ticket in Japan!

That's great! I'm so pleased. :)

Back
Top Bottom