How to get Tokyo tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2FanPeter said:
15,000 Yokahama GA's have to be converted into 4,500(1,500x3) Saitama GA?

THAT should get very interesting!!!!!!

Yikes! Could 23K be capacity with chairs on field (so you could almost double field capacity for standing room)? That doesn't sound very large for a "super arena." Doesn't Madison Square Garden pretty much have that same capacity?

Click this link to see a photo of the Super Arena in its "Arena" configuration (sorry, I'm can't post photos here):

http://www.sportsvenue-technology.com/projects/saitama/saitama2.html

This basketball configuration seats 20,000, according to the website.

Assuming the stage is at the far end, and assuming the floor is a standing GA only, not seats, does this look like it would hold 23,000 fans?

What if they were to sell seats behind the stage, like in North America, would that make it 23,000?

How many Yokohama ticket-holders will riot if they find out their new seats at Saitama are behind the stage?

Here is the arena in Stadium mode:

http://www.sportsvenue-technology.com/projects/saitama/saitama1.html

It doesn't look like there is much of an upper level, but the website says this configuration seats 37,000.

Looks like Peter is correct... U2 are playing Arena shows in Tokyo.

Ellipse Lottery anyone?

Last edited:
There's more photos of inside Saitama on the Japanese language version of the website.

While the Saitama people say it's 23,000 - I have yet to hear any confirmation of which stage they could will be using. Remember it could be the Stadium stage set-up "side-ways". They did this in Scotland and Poland in 2005.

Personally, I do think it is the Arena stage in the Arena se-up. The GA conversion should piss many people off.

BTW, in the US the same amount of people are on the GA floor than if it was seated. This is because of firecode regulation and most likely the same rules as the US.

u2fp

u2fp and 4u2play thanks for all the info.

I'm still skeptical that they would be using the arena stage but I suppose anything is possible (as much as I'd like to see the stadium setup, arenas are more my thing).

Weren't there some seats on the floor for the Yokohama show? And does anyone know if that show was soldout?

Am I crazy to be stressing about this so far out and with no public onsale date announced? Probably! :wink:

I have ETS tickets to the cancelled April 4 show in Yokohama. Haven't heard anything since the intial reassurances from TNA (which took over after ETS went out of business) earlier this month that my ticket would still be good for the rescheduled shows.

I know the presale talked about on U2.com should end today so I hope that TNA really does have me covered because I may have missed my chance to repurchase my ticket if I needed to.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Well, not to put additional pressure but tomorrow we should receive a nice email from PIA if lucky enough...
I just can't wait anymore!!!!!

I'm hanging in there with you for ticket verification shanghai.

Has anything appeared on your credit card yet? Nothing on mine, which is making me wonder if the applications have been entered yet, or if something yet wrong with my cc. Yikes.

Thanks for all of the info about flights and hotels. I'm waiting on the ticket news before I book.

fragrant said:
I'm hanging in there with you for ticket verification shanghai.

Has anything appeared on your credit card yet? Nothing on mine, which is making me wonder if the applications have been entered yet, or if something yet wrong with my cc. Yikes.

Thanks for all of the info about flights and hotels. I'm waiting on the ticket news before I book.

Not yet, but nothing to worry about.
For the Yokohama show my bank account had been debited only after I did receive the email confirming I was getting the tickets.
Fingers crossed.
Just checked the plane ticket prices, bloody expensive for a 3h-flight! Double of what they usually are from Shanghai.
But hey, at this stage I really do not care!

You're right about the credit cards now that I think about it....thanks for the reminder.

I'm flying in from the US, have a $600 credit from the April show, and will probably have to tack on another $900. Ouch. Since I have family in Japan I don't have to deal with lengthy hotel stays so that will lighten the load a bit.

So did everyone here purchase from outside of Japan? We find out on September 5th, while those inside of Japan wait til the 7th. Still no word on general sales either.

I'm new to this thread. Which show did you apply for?

Hi! I'm new to this thread too. I tried the link you guys posted for the tickets application but only see Japanese symbols, any ideas? :( I'm outside Japan and would like to get tickets for the three shows (if possible of course). Hope we all can be there and hopefully meet before the concerts!

Do they still have "courier flights" to Japan from UK or 4-5 US North American cities? Where it's only a couple hundred $, but you only travel with carry-on and all the cloths you can wear in one go. It was some legal loophole.

u2fp

Nov 29/30- U2 concerts
Dec 1- U2 tear down/Clapton Setup
Dec 2- Clapton Show
Dec 3- Clapton tear down/U2 Setup
Dec 4- U2 concert

I guarantee that there will be a 4th show on the 5th of December if the other 3 sell out hastily.

The_acrobat said:
I guarantee that there will be a 4th show on the 5th of December if the other 3 sell out hastily.

Really?

Please tell us, where did you get information worthy enough that you can guarantee a fourth show if the first three sell out quickly?

The_acrobat said:
Nov 29/30- U2 concerts
Dec 1- U2 tear down/Clapton Setup
Dec 2- Clapton Show
Dec 3- Clapton tear down/U2 Setup
Dec 4- U2 concert

It usually takes about 6-7 hours, or less, for a arena concert to set-up. Less than 3 hours for the tear down. That said, most of the U2 road crew will have never seen the indoor stage before, so the above infomation would be true for u2's crew(not claptons)

I also think a 4th show is a possibilty. but not if the tickets sell at the same pace they did for Yokahama.

u2fp

Fer Castillo said:
Hi! I'm new to this thread too. I tried the link you guys posted for the tickets application but only see Japanese symbols, any ideas? :( I'm outside Japan and would like to get tickets for the three shows (if possible of course). Hope we all can be there and hopefully meet before the concerts!

Fer Castillo and maycocksean,

I suggest that you email Ticket Pia, the Japanese agency handling the sales, with your questions and concerns.

u2-e@pia.co.jp

For the Yokohama sales they had set up an English sale page after they received a good number of requests from outside of Japan. I'd assume that they'd do the same for Saitama.

They did not sell out the 60,000 Yokohama stadium, at least I think they didn't, and each of these 3 Saitama shows will hold 23,000 so there's an extra 9000 tickets to be had. I'm not sure that the Japanese hype for Vertigo Saitama can make that 4th show happen. I'd really be surprised if it happened.

Shanghai, any word yet?

fragrant said:

Fer Castillo and maycocksean,

I suggest that you email Ticket Pia, the Japanese agency handling the sales, with your questions and concerns.

u2-e@pia.co.jp

For the Yokohama sales they had set up an English sale page after they received a good number of requests from outside of Japan. I'd assume that they'd do the same for Saitama.

They did not sell out the 60,000 Yokohama stadium, at least I think they didn't, and each of these 3 Saitama shows will hold 23,000 so there's an extra 9000 tickets to be had. I'm not sure that the Japanese hype for Vertigo Saitama can make that 4th show happen. I'd really be surprised if it happened.

Shanghai, any word yet?

Not yet! I emailed PIA 5 minutes ago. I know the guys are reliable, but I just can't wait to receive that mail and number for me to pick-up the tickets on the 4th morning.
I am using some miles to fly there and my booking has to be confirmed before tomorrow 8pm, fingers crossed!!

God Bless Fragrant!

U2 Fan Action Tokyo:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/U2Japan/

"Cranes for ONE is back in action. We aim to fold thousands of white origami cranes for the shows in support of the ONE and Hottokenai global campaigns against poverty.

Hottokenai website:
http://www.hottokenai.jp/english/index.html

The cranes will be passed out to fans and held up during U2's performance of One.

Your continued help, support, and tired fingers are really appreciated. We can do this together. Make a crane, make one to share, support actions against global poverty and AIDS."

I suck at origami, so hopefully Fragrant saves one for me, or else I'll probably just have to make a paper airplane and hope Bono doesn't notice the difference.

(Maybe we should all watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta7tpwsye3U

Last edited:
I received my ticket verification.

Your ticket purchase has been confirmed.

Show information:

[U2 Japan Tour]
Date: 20061204
Venue: Saitama Super Arena(Saitama)

Seat/Price: General General Admission Standing on the floor JPY 10,000 (tax included)
Number of tickets: 4

*Tickets purchased through this site will be issued at Will-Call on the day of the show.
*Details for picking up your tickets will be announced via e-mail.
*Please note that tickets will NOT be sent by mail.

Best regards,

U2 Japan Tour Ticket Office
Email: u2-e@pia.co.jp

A friend in Japan is verifying her order right now. She was able to get tickets to each of the three shows. :)

Now all we need is info about the general sales...

I will keep you posted as info comes out of Japan.

Originally posted by 4U2Play

U2 Fan Action Tokyo:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/U2Japan/

I suck at origami, so hopefully Fragrant saves one for me, or else I'll probably just have to make a paper airplane and hope Bono doesn't notice the difference.

(Maybe we should all watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta7tpwsye3U

Hey, hey 4U2! Thanks for checking out the peace crane action for ONE & Hottokenai. You don't need to be able to fold to show support, spread the word, and join our group. The more the better. Please join us. ;)

Just in from my friend in Japan on the Pia website:

General Sales begins September 24!

Unfortunately there is not an English page for sales available as of yet.

Starting September 12 there is "presale" application period for Ticket Pia members only. There is not an English page with information about becoming a member.

Pop Artist said:
Don't think there will be an opener at all, it's not the tradition for Japanese shows and there wasn't one for Popmart there.

On the Pia ordering page it states that the doors open at 6 PM, and the show begins at 7:30 PM. No opening band. :(

An ending time has not yet been shown yet. For Yokohama it had been announced that the show would end at 9 PM. LOL. Bono will have to cut his talking short if they do have to pack up by a certain time. May not be the case since it is indoors.

Fragrant - You ROCK!

Thanks so much for all of the information and congrats on getting your tickets!

Hope to see you in Tokyo with cranes in-hand - that's a lovely idea.

4U2Play said:

Really?

Please tell us, where did you get information worthy enough that you can guarantee a fourth show if the first three sell out quickly?

Well if history serves me correctly, when U2 announce dates in a city and there are several empty dates in the vicinity of the announced date(s), that means there are going to be additional shows.

Madison Square Garden, Fall 2005. Initially, only the shows on Oct 7,8,10 were in the tour annoucement. However, the next show on the schedule wasn't until Oct 16 in Philly. This lead me to believe that U2 would add shows in the area of Oct 11-15, which they did add 2 in that timeframe, but only after the initial 3 shows sold out in record time. If the 3 Tokyo shows sell out quickly, I can totally see them adding another show. I don't have any concrete info per say, but it's just common sense. If you were U2, wouldn't you do that?

Back
Top Bottom