Hotels near MSG (November shows)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosCamerawoma

The Fly
Hotels near MSG

I just wondered if any of you New Yorkers out there could help me. I will be making my first trip from England for the shows in November and am looking for a hotel near MSG. I have read bad reviews on the Hotel Pennsylvania and New Yorker. Or would I be better staying somewhere else and using the subway? Please help point me in the right direction! Thanks.

Re: Hotels near MSG

BonosCamerawoma said:
I just wondered if any of you New Yorkers out there could help me. I will be making my first trip from England for the shows in November and am looking for a hotel near MSG. I have read bad reviews on the Hotel Pennsylvania and New Yorker. Or would I be better staying somewhere else and using the subway? Please help point me in the right direction! Thanks.

me and the gf stayed in the southgate one night and it was very good....i live in new york in the bronx ...but me and the gf just wanted to get away for our anniversary and we stayed there for the night and it was cool...lots of stuff nearby and my uncles bar, " the molly wee" is nearby too..i forget the exact address for the hotel but i think its across the street from the garden and half a block down but im sure u can find it on google.

Me and my girlfriend are travelling over for 2 MSG shows in October. We are staying at the Manhattan Comfort Inn - booked it through Expedia. It's pretty budget but it will do the job.

NYC's mass transit system is so easy to use that any hotel in manhattan would do... don't worry about getting too close to the garden. even if you're downtown... it's just a short 2 dollar subway ride or a 10 dollar cab ride away from MSG.

just make sure you don't book a hotel outside of manhattan and you'll be fine.

Be sure to check out www.applecorehotels.com. All of the hotels on there, I believe (aside from Super 8 Times Square) are around 32nd Street, which is where you want to be. But I agree with other people said - the subway is amazingly efficient and quick (only a couple of stops to 32nd Street from Times Square), so as long as you're in Manhattan, you should be fine!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
NYC's mass transit system is so easy to use that any hotel in manhattan would do... don't worry about getting too close to the garden. even if you're downtown... it's just a short 2 dollar subway ride or a 10 dollar cab ride away from MSG.

just make sure you don't book a hotel outside of manhattan and you'll be fine.

Thank you everyone for your helpful comments, I really appreciate it.

subway-map.jpg

The two major Transportation hubs in Manhattan are Grand Central Terminal and Penn Station. Madison Square Garden is directly above Penn Station. It is incredibly easy to get to from any point in the city.

map%20manhattan.jpg

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
subway-map.jpg

The two major Transportation hubs in Manhattan are Grand Central Terminal and Penn Station. Madison Square Garden is directly above Penn Station. It is incredibly easy to get to from any point in the city.

Thanks, that is really helpful!

Back
Top Bottom