Hawaii GA Line People..Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2_Refugee said:
damnnn this is going to be tougher than i thought

nah...you kids are lucky. Try waiting in the Cleveland GA line in 15 degree weather for about 10 hours. Thats dedication.

Have fun and enjoy the show!!!

^I hope not :no:

I'm with you in lining up in the morning - I really need to get some sort of rail spot for Maddy. She won't be able to see if she's stuck within the crowd within the ellipse type of b-stages. I'm hoping for any rail. And tall men. If they can sing, even better :wink:

Thank you ChaseTheDragon, very helpfull for a U2 mexican couple who is going to be there for sure!!!!

BonosBaby12 said:

We will be making up quite a bit of the crowd there that night,lol.

Im all for rail being 5'4 sucks! :madwife:

Did anybody notice on the Milan DVD though, that the stadium stage is a LOT taller than the arena stage? I have been wondering whether the rail is as attractive in the bigger venue. Thoughts?

Catlady said:

Did anybody notice on the Milan DVD though, that the stadium stage is a LOT taller than the arena stage? I have been wondering whether the rail is as attractive in the bigger venue. Thoughts?

I've never been to a stadium show, but this is the reason why I'm not too keen on lining up the night before. If you have to look up the whole time, what's the point? I'd probably move a few rows back anyway.

Stadium stage is a lot bigger than arena stage, also a lot taller and the railways size is much bigger.
I've been in arenas and stadiums in vertigo tour.
:yes:

Ok, Monterrey's stage was not super tall. I did not have to look up from dead center front rail. I had the perfect view. I could see everything on the stage.

This will be a deciding factor where I will run ( I mean walk) to for rail.

I was told Dublin was Tall but Wales was not.

confusing I know!!

skjuls said:
Ok, Monterrey's stage was not super tall. I did not have to look up from dead center front rail. I had the perfect view. I could see everything on the stage.

This will be a deciding factor where I will run ( I mean walk) to for rail.

I was told Dublin was Tall but Wales was not.

confusing I know!!

I assumed the stadium stage would be taller, but at Auckland 1, we were at the back of the field and could barely see over the crowd. So, Auckland 2 we were inside the Bomb Shelter and had a perfect view, and I was surprised at how short the stage was, more like the arena shows.

Does the stage height vary more than the setlist? Hmmmmm.

Mark

the stage height in Dublin was unusually high--they had to make concessions to protect the turf on the field (not sure how that is related to stage height, but it was, apparently). Other stadium shows were not as high, nor was Auckland. But the blinding factor on the front row that Skjuls mentioned is definitely an issue. Also, from the front of the stage you really can't see the action on the B-stages at all; from the B-stages you can see the front stage clearly.

ruffian said:
the stage height in Dublin was unusually high--they had to make concessions to protect the turf on the field (not sure how that is related to stage height, but it was, apparently). Other stadium shows were not as high, nor was Auckland. But the blinding factor on the front row that Skjuls mentioned is definitely an issue. Also, from the front of the stage you really can't see the action on the B-stages at all; from the B-stages you can see the front stage clearly.

Exactly as Ruffian said!! I couldn't see the Bstages but I could see Edge and Adam having a good time.

Also, when you're up front you might not be able to make out some of the video on the screens.

so if you want the overall show experience the B stage or between the B stages would be good.

I was front row at Sao Paulo night 1 and while the stage is definitely taller than at the arena shows, it will still easy to see everything on the stage. Being 6'4" tall helps with that though, so for most people I'm not sure how their view would be.

Halup said:
I was front row at Sao Paulo night 1 and while the stage is definitely taller than at the arena shows, it will still easy to see everything on the stage. Being 6'4" tall helps with that though, so for most people I'm not sure how their view would be.

I was going to say this when I saw you online.

However, Monterrey wasn't that much taller than an arena show. Halup knows I"m supershort and if I could see everything on stage fine then that's all good.

But Dublin I don't think it mattered how tall you were, people couldn't even see Larry from the front!

After an 18 hour flight to Honolulu from eastern North America, we are planning to crash in line Friday night (partly because we cannot find any hotel rooms available) and in a rental van. Definitely willing to swap time in line to go surfing the next morning...

Question from a GA newbie----- What do people do about going to the bathroom once inside the Stadium and per se standing along a railing???????

rwolins1 said:
Question from a GA newbie----- What do people do about going to the bathroom once inside the Stadium and per se standing along a railing???????

It's a tough question.................

First drink gatorade not water............

You may lose your spot if you leave because there might be people who won't let you back in to get to your spot. Your spot may be waiting for you but possibility is you might not get back there. Almost happened to me in Monterrey.

It depends how the crowd is, if everyone is standing up before the show. PLease people don't do this, then it'll be difficult.

But if the majority of them sit and wait then you'll be golden.

rwolins1 said:

Hold it like your life depended on it.

Honestly though, we went quite a few times when it got closer to doors opening. Then I went once more once our spot in the GA was claimed (nice ppl like skjuls make sure to watch it for ya). Then once the show began, I was so transfixed I forgot all about bodily functions. I was surprised I was even able to scream/sing along.

Question: what kind of bags/purses to you bring into the show? I won't have any place to store stuff (unless someone lets me use their car), so I plan on trashing my camp chair and rain gear if I won't need it, but I'll still need something for my camera and a few other things. Do people bring in small backpacks, or should I stick to some kind of purse?

Liesje said:
Question: what kind of bags/purses to you bring into the show? I won't have any place to store stuff (unless someone lets me use their car), so I plan on trashing my camp chair and rain gear if I won't need it, but I'll still need something for my camera and a few other things. Do people bring in small backpacks, or should I stick to some kind of purse?

Stick with a small purse that you can put over your shoulder and can still fit your camera.

this way you can have it over your shoulder and place the the purse right in front of you on your hip or whatever....

I decided to bring this bag my sis just made me cus she was bored. It's one of those dorky little drawstring backpack purses, but it will hold my camera and rain poncho. I'll probably walk in with it inside my shirt and hold my camera, to avoid having the bag checked, and then empty my pockets into it once we get inside.

I'm pretty sure they check all bags. At least for the arena shows, I had my purse or camera case checked every time.

kellyahern said:
What about fanny packs? Do they search those? (just concerned because that would slow down the process of getting in the stadium, wouldn't it? ).

That's interesting. In Auckland they searched you before you were able to get in the line. But I guess the setup was a bit different than normal.

most of the stadium shows i attended searched bags, and many patted you down before going into the main queue, like Rosa said. If you put stuff under your shirt or lots of stuff in your pockets it might delay your entry into the stadium. I did bring a small backpack to some of the shows and just had it open and ready to be searched. Some security are really thorough (and really slow) so if you are with friends and get held up having your whole bag dumped out they will either have to leave you behind or wait on you.

I bring a really small purse that i either tie to the rail or keep across my shoulder. backpacks are also sort of a hassle when you can't really set them on the ground in front of you--and if they are on your shoulder or back they can be in the way of other people.

i think others have addressed this elsewhere, but don't count on using a credit/debit card for water, snacks, t-shirts, etc. Some places take them, some don't. Cash is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom