Hawaii December 9th, Aloha Stadium, Part XVII Cont'd...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pattip2000 said:
anyone have any clue where section KQ in the blue is???
Yeah, I've been wondering what the heck Sections KQ and KKQ are. Are they just the regular K sections? That doesn't seem likely, there must be something different about them.

Signy said:
People have probably already discussed this, but I don't know where to look. Does anyone have any tips about looking for accomidations, and whether it'll be better to be there for a few days before or after the show?

Click on the link below in my signature. It takes you to a Hawaii Interference Group. On the left there are links to travel guides and some Hawaii information. There are a couple of other links to Zootopia Hawaii groups too with similar information.You may have to sign up for the group.

Whether you show up early or late depends on your plans. Do you want to meet other U2 fans and hang out before the concert or travel to other islands and relax too? Show up early, meet other fans. Hang around after and relax on the beaches. Many people will be just popping in for the weekend too and/or others will be hanging around Oahu for a few days leading up to the concert and taking off to another island a day or so later.

Last edited:
skjuls said:

LOL!!

People have come up with U2 Hawaiian shirts!

Go to the Yahoo Interference group site or to zazzle dot com and you will find U2 Hawaii shirts. I'm all for someone designing another with the Dec. date tho! :wink:

Congrats everyone!

And just a housekeeping thing, could we please keep down the number of Hawaii threads being opened here? It gets messy!

Thanks! :D

Miroslava said:
Congrats everyone!

And just a housekeeping thing, could we please keep down the number of Hawaii threads being opened here? It gets messy!

Thanks! :D

We want to keep YOUR original threads going, Miroslava! Close or merge the others :wink:

well, i got fucked on the ticket sale.
i had 2 GAs right when they went onsale, filled out all the appropriate forms timely, all the way to the last prompt "submit your order"

and the next screen was "we're sorry for the inconvenience" and my tickets were gone.

i know buying tickets to a U2 show is always an unpleasant experience (thanks to ticketmaster) but this one takes the cake.

i had tix to see Pearl Jam open for U2. Floor tix. Practically in my hand.

and then they were gone. I would have preferred that they were just sold out when i tried to buy, but now i have that terrible feeling of missing out, having something taken from me, rather than just being disappointed that the GAs are all gone.

far fetched, but anyone know if there is any course of action i can take to get my tickets? i seriously doubt it. But it would be nice.

Dammit. I'm so mad.

I have had times where I submit my order and the screen screws up, similar to what you described. More often than not, my order went through. I contacted Ticketmaster and they showed that the order went through many times for me. On some occasions it has not, but more often than not when it has done this to me, my order did go through. Call Ticketmaster to verify if they show an order from you.

Also, did you get an email confirmation from them? Every order I've received an email confirmation with order details within seconds. And since you have a ticketmaster account now, all you have to do is check your order history. Hopefully something shows up for you....

hey thanks Carek! Haven't booked yet(waiting/hoping prices dip), but probably will be on Maui and fly over. Only thing we didn't get to in April was the shark tank deal and a kayak trip. Maybe in December....

I was just reading about the shark tank dip in my Oahu Revealed book! Hope it all works out for you in Dec! We used to stay at the Royal Lahain years ago then last 2 trips at the Embassy Suites in Kaanapali in Maui, 10th floor Ocean View. Awesome pool and breakfast buffet to die for! :wink:

Clawgrabber said:
well, i got fucked on the ticket sale.
i had 2 GAs right when they went onsale, filled out all the appropriate forms timely, all the way to the last prompt "submit your order"

and the next screen was "we're sorry for the inconvenience" and my tickets were gone.

i know buying tickets to a U2 show is always an unpleasant experience (thanks to ticketmaster) but this one takes the cake.

i had tix to see Pearl Jam open for U2. Floor tix. Practically in my hand.

and then they were gone. I would have preferred that they were just sold out when i tried to buy, but now i have that terrible feeling of missing out, having something taken from me, rather than just being disappointed that the GAs are all gone.

far fetched, but anyone know if there is any course of action i can take to get my tickets? i seriously doubt it. But it would be nice.

Dammit. I'm so mad.
That exact thing happened to me for one of the third leg shows. I had GAs and then it got fucked up on the confirmation page and I lost them. I'm so sorry it happened to you too. It's a terrible feeling, I know.

And unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it. I harassed ticketmaster about it and they said there was nothing they could do because they'd already re-released those tickets when the system kicked me out. Obviously the tickets had sold instantly. They didn't seem to care much either. I figure it must happen a lot. :|

do I understand correctly that more tixs may be released because of a return on the past cancled Hawaii performance? If so, when would that be? thanks

Val said:
do I understand correctly that more tixs may be released because of a return on the past cancled Hawaii performance? If so, when would that be? thanks

Well TM extended the return period for tickets to August 10, so it would be those - they will probably just add them to the pool as they are turned in.

On another note, I was trying different combos on TM just now and TM is wacky. Doing 2 'Best Available' gets you Blue Sec EE. BUT, if you specifically select Orange Section tix in the pulldown, you will get Sec M tickets! So some good seats still to be had...

Pop Artist said:

Well TM extended the return period for tickets to August 10, so it would be those - they will probably just add them to the pool as they are turned in.

On another note, I was trying different combos on TM just now and TM is wacky. Doing 2 'Best Available' gets you Blue Sec EE. BUT, if you specifically select Orange Section tix in the pulldown, you will get Sec M tickets! So some good seats still to be had...

Yeah- I ran into that yesterday. Best available were BB row 23. (in less than a minute.) Not bad seats but further from the stage than I wanted to be. Second search took over 3 minutes. By the time I got through I couldn't get 4 together. My friends will be sitting far away. They should find some way to make more than one offering per search to provide some choices.

The number of listings on ebay has skyrocketed. I wonder if the scalpers bought up the GA's to protect their exhorbitant prices. No Ga's left, and I doubt there will be any more returned at this point. There are still good seats and at a fraction of the cost of the ebayers GA's. Some lower priced GA's on stubhub.com, but at this point, the $100.00 seats are still cheaper. They should add another show just to screw the scalpers!

klausvan said:

They should add another show just to screw the scalpers!

that would fucking rock!

they should literally call it the "Fuck the Scalpers" concert!

Pearl Jam did that last month in SF... they had 2 shows go on sale and scalpers were making a killing on craigslist... two weeks later they added a third show and it didn't sell out immediately... scalpers were fucked... it was awesome!

FUCK THE SCALPERS!!!

Well it looks like the Oranges are sold out, at least for now, it's been giving the none available message when I select it all afternoon. TM is making people work for those L(L) and M(M) tix - Best Available currently gives Yellow KKs but when you select by color there are Ls and Ms in the Blue, Brown and Red sections. Ironically, specifically picking Yellow gives JJs not KKs. :huh:

TM sure does blow...they go from nothing available to 'best available' being Blue Sec A, to having nice Orange Sec L and M. I just picked up a pair of Orange MM row 15 in case of a monsoon scaring me away from GA or inlaws that can use them. So if you search carefully and select $165, and then a specific side there are still great seats.....

Well, I've been consistently pulling up single oranges in J and K while selecting best available. I think it just depends on how TM decides to act at any given moment.

So even after adding Pearl Jam, this concert still isn't sold out. And judging by the many various sections that pop up when you request different colors or sides, it's not even close to selling out. I'd say chances look pretty bleak for a second show.

does anyone else stare at the tickets for a few moments each day? or is it just something I do?//

Hmm...just did a search on TM for Orange seats, and they have Section N available now - the seating chart had that section grayed out (Aloha Stadium's version does as well)....:hmm:

Pop Artist said:
Hmm...just did a search on TM for Orange seats, and they have Section N available now - the seating chart had that section grayed out (Aloha Stadium's version does as well)....:hmm:

I saw those too. When the Section N seats are pulled up on Ticketmaster, they are are noted as being "side view seats".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom