Hawaii December 9th - Aloha Stadium, Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1968

‘Vertigo’ in Hawaii – December 9!

Special information for ticket holders.

U2 and tour promoters The Next Adventure (TNA) today announced new show dates for those previously postponed on the U2//Vertigo Tour – including Hawaii on December 9th.

And U2 have announced that Pearl Jam have been added as special guests for the show in Honolulu – as well as the previously announced support act, U2 stage manager Rocco Reedy with his band Rocco and the Devils.

Pearl Jam - one of rock’s most influential and active artists - are currently touring North America, followed by dates in Europe and Australia prior to joining U2 in Hawaii.

“It’s going to be a great night in Hawaii,’ said Paul McGuinness, U2’s manager. ‘The band are really pleased Pearl Jam could join the bill – a great end to what has already been a very successful tour.”

Ticket holders in Hawaii should retain and use their existing tickets for the rescheduled performance. Every effort was made to reschedule the performances on corresponding days of the week, and Hawaiian fans will note that the U2 concert in Honolulu remains on a Saturday evening.

More news on Vertigo ’06 as we get it.

Dates, Dates, We Have Dates!!! I am doing the Happy Hula all over my office. Newbie poster, as I have been anxiously lurking and awaiting confirmation, but I am now happily jumping into the Hawaiian Party! Can't wait to meet everyone at the Aloha on the 9th!!!

MY SECOND FAVORITE BAND OPENING FOR MY FAVORITE BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW I HAVE DREAMED OF THIS DAY!!!!

Thanks to the Honolulu Article months ago, I had already changed my flight to the dec. 9th weekend so I'm all set to go!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

This is the greatest news since U2 was on the Simpsons!!!

I'm so happy for all of you! :happy: I'm a little sad though, since it's looking pretty impossible for me to go.

I'll be in Honolulu on the 21st, and I highly doubt our travel plans will be able to be changed. I'm talking to my family tonight, so I'll see if anything can be done.

Otherwise, good luck all with your travel plans! :) If any of you will still be there on the 21st, I'd love to meet up with any of you! :D

Looks like the stadium will now be football configuration, (according to someone who called the stadium).

I guess that means more tickets will be put on sale soon.

ThoraSEB said:
I'm so happy for all of you! :happy: I'm a little sad though, since it's looking pretty impossible for me to go.

I'll be in Honolulu on the 21st, and I highly doubt our travel plans will be able to be changed. I'm talking to my family tonight, so I'll see if anything can be done.

Otherwise, good luck all with your travel plans! :) If any of you will still be there on the 21st, I'd love to meet up with any of you! :D

Awh, sorry to hear you probably won't be able to go, ThoraSEB!

:hug:

If it's any consolation, knowing the date hasn't help me much at all. So where others are probably booking flights and hotels and cars as we speak, I'm just sitting back wondering if I should just take the step and try to book everything refundable or wait till later.
Right now, I've doing for the last one.

Last edited:
Some ticket return/buying info here...

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Jul/20/br/br11p.html

Posted at 10:28 a.m., Thursday, July 20, 2006

U2 reschedules for December, adds Pearl Jam

By Wayne Harada
Advertiser Entertainment Writer
U2 will add Pearl Jam to its rescheduled Honolulu date, set for Dec. 9 at Aloha Stadium, it was announced today.

Hawai'i fans have been waiting for the firm concert date after U2 postponed a series of April concerts, part of its Vertigo Tour, because of illness within a band member's family.

Pearl Jam, now touring North America, has been added as a special guest, joining U2 stage manager Rocco Reedy and his Rocco and the Devils group, an earlier-announced supporting act.

"It's going to be a great night in Hawai'i — the band (members) are really pleased Pearl Jam could join the bill — a great end to what already has been a very successful tour," U2 manager Paul McGuinness said in a prepared announcement.

Ticket holders should use their existing tickets for the new date. Those who want a refund may do so now through July 27 at the point of purchase. Tickets that have been returned will go on sale at the Aloha Stadium box office and at Ticketmaster locations Aug. 5. (877) 750-4400, ticketmaster.com.

ramblin rose said:
Looks like the stadium will now be football configuration, (according to someone who called the stadium).

:hmm: Right now I hold a GA and a seat...a seat that I think just got more decent in a football config. Now I'm REALLY undecided.

ramblin rose said:

Had already been wondering, if they were gonna try to sell the remaining tickets they didn't sell the first time around?

But ^ seals the deal for sure!
One would think.

It's gonna be so uncredibly busy on that island that weekend.
u2 + Pearl Jam (Dec 9th), Honolulu Marathon (Dec 10th) + Pipeline Masters (starting Dec 8th).

So who's all set already?

Last edited:
How can they justify what some people got charged for reserved seats if the configuration changes? I would think it would screw up the pricing levels completely. I'm really hoping it doesn't change....but then again who cares cuz we got a date!

anyone have tickets and not going to go?
I need 2 more tickets. I have my old ones, but now have friends coming also.
Thanks to all!

WE GOT AN OFFICIAL DATE!!!!

:applaud: :dancing:

WE GOT PEARL JAM!!!
WE GOT PEARL JAM!!!
WE GOT PEARL JAM!!!
WE GOT PEARL JAM!!!

:hyper: :faint:

Miringeltje said:

Had already been wondering, if they were gonna try to sell the remaining tickets they didn't sell the first time around?

But ^ seals the deal for sure!
One would think.

It's gonna be so uncredibly busy on that island that weekend.
u2 + Pearl Jam (Dec 9th), Honolulu Marathon (Dec 10th) + Pipeline Masters (starting Dec 8th).

So who's all set already?

Don't forget Pearl Harbor Day Dec. 7th!

We're booking our flight tonite and have put in for a Timeshare.
Haha now we wait on that!! Yikes! :ohmy:

Hey Miroslava, get up to the title of this thread and remove those question marks:wink:

Last edited:
weinerdog said:
How can they justify what some people got charged for reserved seats if the configuration changes? I would think it would screw up the pricing levels completely. I'm really hoping it doesn't change....but then again who cares cuz we got a date!

The football configuration doesn't really move anyone further away. The fringe seats actually move closer to the stage, changing the angle of view, but with U2's stage that issue is minimized. Several other sections, which weren't offered for sale in the baseball config. will be to the side of the stage instead of behind. I wonder if they will now offer those for sale.

I spoke with someone at the stadium several months ago about the config. change. I was told that the GA space will be reduced in football configuration, but they aren't exchanging or otherwise reducing the # of GA tickets. Anyone know how many GA tickets were sold?

P.S. Just spoke with the Aloha box office. Any returned tickets or additional available seats will go on sale on August 5th at the box office and ticketmaster.:wave:

klausvan said:
The football configuration doesn't really move anyone further away. The fringe seats actually move closer to the stage, changing the angle of view, but with U2's stage that issue is minimized. Several other sections, which weren't offered for sale in the baseball config. will be to the side of the stage instead of behind. I wonder if they will now offer those for sale.

I spoke with someone at the stadium several months ago about the config. change. I was told that the GA space will be reduced in football configuration, but they aren't exchanging or otherwise reducing the # of GA tickets. Anyone know how many GA tickets were sold?

Last thing I remember from before the concert was cancelled, was that the amount of GA tickets was actually increased and more GA were made available later on + the sections closest to the stage (which they still are now) K, L, M (not sure about N) were appearing on ticketmaster as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom